HELP! Rooted phone unuseable, stuck in Samsung Galaxy SII screen when rebooting.

Kieron139

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Please help!... I am unable to use my phone after doing something that maybe I shouldn't have done!!

First let me go through some steps that led to the phone becoming unusable.

1) First I successfully rooted the phone (using instructions off the net)

2) I tested the rooting by clicking on the SuperSU App and granting the necessary permissions.

3) Next I downloaded the Titanium Backup and successfully backed up my phone

4) Then I decided to go back into the SuperSU (just to see what kind of things I could do with the

superuserApp)... and a POP-UP Window appeared. Now I really can't remember the exact message but it basically was asking me if I wanted to perform some sort of conversion. Without giving it too much thought and like an ***** I just clicked on YES. The phone then rebooted and remained STUCK on the screen where the "Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100" message flashes up with a yellow triangle exclamation mark below (please see attached pic). It doesn't matter how long I wait or how many times I reboot the phone remains stuck on this screen.

Please note the following:

-- If I press (Volume Up + Home button + Power button) simultaneously the same screen appears (ie the Samsung Galaxy message) however long I keep the buttons pressed.

-- If I press (Volume Down + Home button + Power button) I get something different happening ie A warning message about custom OS (see attached pic) and when I press the Volume Up button to continue I get the screen with the Android symbol and the word downloading below it with some ODIN Mode information at the top of the screen (see attached pic).

I'm praying AND got my fingers arms & legs crossed that I haven't "bricked" the phone!!

Please please help!... I would really appreciate your assistance in getting my phone working again (if it's at all possible now).

Oh and apologies if I have posted in the wrong area.

Many thanks in advance.

Kieron

Attachments

• IMG_PIC01.jpg
    IMG_PIC01.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_PIC02.jpg
    IMG_PIC02.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_PIC03.jpg
    IMG_PIC03.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 3

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The volume up, home and power from a powered down state is recovery. Try pressing that combo, but releasing when you see the samsung logo. If you get into recovery, try clicking clear cache partition. If that doesn't work, try again and do a factory reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar