Samsung Galaxy S2

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S2: Super AMOLED Plus, NFC, Gingerbread? | BGR | Boy Genius Report

I cant wait to see the specs on this phone and hopefully its Verizon bound. Phil was right. If your dream phone wasn't announced at CES don't worry. There's 2 more big events coming up. In the meantime, check out this beauty. Tell me what you think? Personally, I love the look and specs thus released. My only concern and the reason why I didn't get the Fascinate, is Samsung's track record with updates. They still haven't rolled out 2.2. The S2 is said to launch with 2.3

110111075411_1081487384_b.jpeg

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I saw this too. Looks promising. I'm not crazy about the Samsung UI, but I'll have to play with it a bit. I would certainly miss my "scenes" in Sense. If hTC doesn't match it (and if it comes to V), then I'm very interested. Crazy stuff in the pipes for the next 3-4 months. Glad I got that 1 year contract!

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Don't get me wrong Samsung is one of the best smartphone makers there is. I love them and prefer them. The only thing that keeps me from buying one of their devices is the updates. I will only get a Samsung device if it is Pure Google or I REALLY REALLY have to have it, and so far no device meets those standards to me except the Nexus S. Maybe this might change it.

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I would definitely try to get this phone. As for the updates, (here in Canada) Samsung is just slow but they still get the updates out. But worse come to worse, I will just flash a custom rom in to it. ;)

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
People crying about updates really gets annoying. You act like you won't root and install a custom rom.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
People crying about updates really gets annoying. You act like you won't root and install a custom rom.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

People raiding my threads without input to the topic at hand is really getting annoying.

I've got enough warnings this week. Either stay on topic or get reported.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm with you. Samsung screwed the pooch with the SHS1, I'm done buying their phones till they provide updates at the same time as everyone else. Even if I can install froyo on my Captivate, I couldn't for a long time until they took their sweet time and got an internal leak. I don't think the fascinate even has a froyo leak yet.

If it wasn't for the Nexus S, I doubt galaxy S owners would even get a hacked 2.3 for a long long time. With this having different hardware (and I bet 2.2) that would take forever.

spark032207#WN

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
After having the Fascinate and waiting for 2.2 in vain, I will never ever get a Samsung smartphone again. No, I don't want to have to root my phone. I just want to get the updates on time out of the box.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
After having the Fascinate and waiting for 2.2 in vain, I will never ever get a Samsung smartphone again. No, I don't want to have to root my phone. I just want to get the updates on time out of the box.

I understand your argument. I for one root all my phones. So why I understand the people that say root your phone and you'll get it, well your right, in a sense. Only problem is, you're not getting the official release which means a lot of the builds they are using in their custom Roms are buggy. Not totally buggy, but more buggy than a build that has the official release. And there lies the problem.

When the first round of Galaxy S phones were coming out all people talked about was how much they hate touch wiz. Sadly, most of them probably never used it before and just fed off what others were saying about older versions. Again, I understand everyone's complaint there, but very few people knew about Samsung's rep with updates. I did and that was the biggest reason why I didn't get the Fascinate. And its probably the reason why I don't get this phone. But I am still intrigued by it.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
This phone looks hot. I wanted a keyboard phone so i got the epic. I wanted the evo but when i saw the keyboard on the epic i just waited. Though i love my phone IMO samsung could take a big hit for not releasing updates sooner. The average person doesn"t by a phone to root it and might not care if the phone gets 2.2 on it. But most people, even if they don't know what a phone is would stay away from a phone/company if they here bad press about it.

In my job there was a lady who doesn't work here anymore. Hasn't been here for years. But when we get people who fail their test they call/ask the ladies here if they are failing Gail.
(I supervise Roadtesting here in NY.)

When i tell people I'm on sprint. They say how they herd stories of them and they are horrible. Or they would say that they had them before and are never going back.

I hope Samsung doesn't miss the boat this year. I like there products.

jhm83

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
So my question is: How long will this take to reach Telus? Seems we are always a few months behind Verizon and such. I want to buy a fascinate but if its worth it I might wait till this comes out. LOL

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am on Sprint, and I am hoping that we don't get settled with a keyboard version of that phone. While I like the Epic, I can do without a hardware keyboard, and handling my friends Epic just doesn't feel as solid as my Evo.

I am pretty confident though that they will spread their phone to all 4 carriers again. This time they are announcing their phone earlier than last year, so hopefully we'll get to buy it earlier too.