Release Date/Price Speculation/Hopes

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully tmobile gets it and it is cheap, enough topull me from my vibrant

T-mobile is just about 100% guaranteed to get it, especially since they were first to get the original GS line, but I highly doubt it will be cheap especially from the info that we've seen on price so far.

stebog

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
ITPronews.com has an article, that's blocked here at work (by the IT guys), that states in the title that TMob is getting the S2 on June 8. Can anyone confirm it?

Painful day, Tab 10.1 and S2 on the same date, better save more of my pennies.

EDIT
Google cached it and the article is on ITProPortal, they're talking about Orange and T-Mobile UK getting it in June, the 8th wasn't mentioned, must have been my imagination.

Last edited:

Abe Gethin

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
27th April Launch in UK

T-mobile is just about 100% guaranteed to get it, especially since they were first to get the original GS line, but I highly doubt it will be cheap especially from the info that we've seen on price so far.

Ordered mine today from Phones4U on T-Mobile, it will be delivered on 27th April. Can't wait! :)

greggebhardt

May 10, 2011
Visit site
You can get the GS2 on eBay now from reputable dealers. Mine will be here next Tuesday to run on AT&T.

I will be moving from a Blackberry to the GS2.

Hope there is a utility to sync my contacts and schedules

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
You can get the GS2 on eBay now from reputable dealers. Mine will be here next Tuesday to run on AT&T.

I will be moving from a Blackberry to the GS2.

Hope there is a utility to sync my contacts and schedules

Google Sync.

I have a Blackberry Storm and it moved all my contacts to my gmail account. Not entirely sure about the calendar, but if not I'm sure there is something that you can use for it.

Attackcenter

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
If you didn't get an answer already elsewhere, yes it will work using hspa+ ( aka 4G) on the AT&T network. You can currently get it from Expansys USA. Negrielectronics is supposed to get them in again next week.

graffix31

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Man i hope that is accurate, i too am waiting for this on sprint as my first android phone, coming from a palm pre this thing looks like the holy grail!

Chris_B

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Man i hope that is accurate, i too am waiting for this on sprint as my first android phone, coming from a palm pre this thing looks like the holy grail!
Yeah, I'm coming from a Pre as well (although heavily modified). I don't expect the S II to be the holy grail -- something new will be out 10 minutes after I get it home -- but I am eagerly awaiting making the huge leap forward. Of course, I don't think we can expect any deals with the hype that has been building for it. It's almost like they planned it that way!

graffix31

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
well yeh mine is heavily modded as well. and i love webos so its with a heavy heart that i am making the switch but im not changing carriers for it. i am sure i will be back if hp can make something out of it and get it back in with sprint. but hardware wise i dont even know what i am going to do with myself with a phone that doesnt need to be returned 8 times for terrrible hardware. Plus the Apps and all the goings on with droid is fun to read already so i am sure it will be great to be a part of it.

Reactions: fred1955