Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Release Date/Price Speculation/Hopes

What do you guys think this sucker will cost, and when?

I think 599, first week in March.

Hopefully it costs less/comes sooner, but I doubt it :P

So what is going on here is a completely, unlocked, unbranded device that will work on the 850 band? If so, I'm on board

It appears that is the case. Atrix vs unlocked S2 is a tough one.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

should be a no brainer the samsung blows the atrix away practically.

ROM

Does anyone thing it will be released in N. America in March? Or is the consensus that it will be available in Europe in March?

Quote Originally Posted by grayfox99 View Post
    Does anyone thing it will be released in N. America in March? Or is the consensus that it will be available in Europe in March?
    International version for March.

The US carriers have to squeeze their little apps on there and customize the physical look of the phone so their version is different. That takes some time lol.
    Current Device: HTC Glacier (MT4G)
    Rooted, Overclocked to 1.8Ghz
    Running Gingerbread 2.3.1

Someone really hates US carriers.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Im hoping for a summer release for this on VZW but I expect it to mirror the release dates for the s1
    Rooted for life

I expect T-mobile or ATT to pick it up end of March early April..

Cool US Release Date?

When will this thing come to the U.S. ??

ROM

No date yet but most seem to think end of March, but i'm hoping a bit sooner, especially since it's launching this month in Europe.

I wonder when will Sprint and other carriers get it?

ROM
    HTC Sense 3.0

For real... Im willing to return my Nexus S for this phone. Hopefully its next month...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Default Sad in Canada

Well I am waiting for this for eagerly - but I am not getting my hopes up for anything soon here in Canada. With the first Galaxy S in the U.S. it was released late June early July... In Canada we got ours late Oct. due to the shortage of Amoled Screens. So instead of short listing North America Samsung instead said screw you Canada and left us dry. Hopefully not another repeat of that.

ROM
    Paragon 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Brademcee View Post
    It appears that is the case. Atrix vs unlocked S2 is a tough one.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    Definitely this. I was going for the whole Atrix bundle until it was priced at 500 with the dock and required a tethering plan; that killed it for me.

However im loving the Galaxy S 2 and will definitely upgrade to this phone.

ROM
    Modaco

Seems like a fantastic phone. Loved my galaxy s and nexus s. Now the screen the size of the evo, gingerbread, dual core and super amoeled plus! I'm excited. The only problem......

Touchwiz. #bummer
    As long as there are custom roms, I'll get this phone

@itsPERFECTO

I read often that the sgs2 will be released in Europe first, good for me BUT is there any expectation when this will happen?
    I mean, they are showing the kick *** android device for this year and there is no really release date announced.
    Are they trying to torture us?
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Hopes for me july release on verizonwireless with lte in tow I would be a happy camper
    Rooted for life

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    Hopes for me july release on verizonwireless with lte in tow I would be a happy camper
    There's no way I could wait for July to come around. For T-Mo, it better be here by late March/ early April. Maybe we'll learn something at CTIA. When is that again?

Hopefully tmobile gets it and it is cheap, enough topull me from my vibrant

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Hidefcow View Post
    Hopefully tmobile gets it and it is cheap, enough topull me from my vibrant
    T-mobile is just about 100% guaranteed to get it, especially since they were first to get the original GS line, but I highly doubt it will be cheap especially from the info that we've seen on price so far.

Depending on how credible this is, that's a long time for the U.S. to wait but this is coming from a Samsung rep himself. There's just too many phones coming out before the summer ends and i think this kind of wait will draw draw peoples interests away towards other devices. If I were on Tmobile I would just go with the G2x and call it a day.

ITPronews.com has an article, that's blocked here at work (by the IT guys), that states in the title that TMob is getting the S2 on June 8. Can anyone confirm it?

Painful day, Tab 10.1 and S2 on the same date, better save more of my pennies.

EDIT
    Google cached it and the article is on ITProPortal, they're talking about Orange and T-Mobile UK getting it in June, the 8th wasn't mentioned, must have been my imagination.
    Last edited by stebog; 04-21-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

I know the Sensation is launching June 8th, maybe that is what you are referring to. Me personally, I am excited about the SG2.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast