Face Recognition Unlock

Brademcee

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Nice catch. She also mentioned Skype. So if this phone is showing the AT&T 3G and HSPA+ bands does that mean that we will actually be able to get full functionality in the States (AT&T only) before the us carriers formally screw up this phone? Seems to good to be true that the international version would fully work in the US. Why would Sammy do this? Wouldn't they rather restrict to us until carriers are aboard? Also, do you know the AT&T edge, 3G and HSPA+ bands for the us? Having trouble confirming this on the Internet.

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
At&t Edge (GSM) Bands = 850 and 1900 MHz
At&t 3G & 4G (UMTS/HSPA) Bands = 850 and 1900 MHz

Actually GSM/EDGE is quad-band (it runs in two more bands making it a total of four), it is only the 3G/HSPA+ that runs on the frequencies of 850/1900 MHz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Actually GSM/EDGE is quad-band (it runs in two more bands making it a total of four), it is only the 3G/HSPA+ that runs on the frequencies of 850/1900 MHz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. GSM networks operate in a number of different carrier frequency ranges (separated into GSM frequency ranges for 2G and UMTS frequency bands for 3G), with most 2G GSM networks operating in the 900 MHz or 1800 MHz bands. Thus, for 2G only those two apply and the UMTS take care of the 3G frequencies, with HSPA+ tagged on.

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I know you can fool fingerprint scanners, although I don't really remember the method. Can you fool this as well? Tape a printed picture of the person who owns the phone on your face...

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
that is crazy. more reasons im happy i didnt get the atrix

To each his own. I prefer fingerprint to face to be honest.
Plus, I prefer a phone with HDMI out, and the S2 doesn't have it :(

I know you can fool fingerprint scanners, although I don't really remember the method. Can you fool this as well? Tape a printed picture of the person who owns the phone on your face...

It is possible. A while back, when they had face recognition on laptops/other devices, there were ways to trick it, but some also had defense mechanisms, so it really depends on the software.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Plus, I prefer a phone with HDMI out, and the S2 doesn't have it :(

Yes, S2 has HDMI out through the USB port. It has a Mobile High-Def Link connector within, which not only allows HDMI out from phone to tv, but also allows controlling media playback on phone using standard tv remote, all while allowing simultaneous charging of the phone from power from tv through hdmi cable.

Reactions: ufolk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool