Galaxy S II Full Specs

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this has been posted somewhere, but here is the full spec list straight from samsung's mobile site:

Samsung GALAXY S II Specs

Here's a little blurb from the features page:

"Samsung Dual Core Application Processor
Dedicated to speed, Samsung Dual Core Application Processor is
based on Quad GPU and has 3200M pix/s. Clocking at lightening speeds the unrivaled performance of the Dual Core Application Processor provides unsurpassed functionality and density for faster downloads, quicker multi-tasking, a smoother UI, snappier streaming and highly efficient gaming. With encoding/decoding ability that supports video play and recording of all 1080p/30fps makes it no.1 among dual cores."

This is a contender for my next phone. If only Sprint can get it. If they add 4G and HDMI out it will make it an easy choice.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I hope Sprint will get it too, hopefully without a hardware keyboard.

Not sure why they won't spec out exactly what processor is in that thing, kinda weird. Seeing the demo video that Phil posted on news page made it look kinda slow.... I hope the production models won't be like that.

adjangs

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
No need to worry about it being slow. pre-production...

The official Samsung website lists it as a Samsung processor*
*not available in all markets

They're anticipating shortages I think. That may be part of why they're not just saying the processor.

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes. The video hands-on shows various hubs in the applicatio n screen, including a book one and game one, so they can highlight stuff and make you pay them money to get more stuff.

BitHeroes

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
No need to worry about it being slow. pre-production...

The official Samsung website lists it as a Samsung processor*
*not available in all markets

They're anticipating shortages I think. That may be part of why they're not just saying the processor.

Maybe they will use a lesser processor for developing markets to bring down the price?

Might see the phone in a single core flavor.

jorb1328

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Galaxy S II has a notification LED?

Yes, I had a Captivate after owning a Blackberry and a notification LED would be nice. Have the Atrix now but the screen is nowhere as nice as the Super AMOLED (at least for watching videos; not much difference otherwise).

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Track Pad ?

Does this phone have a track pad ?
I thought I saw a track pad in the video.

Lack of a track pad is the main reason I returned the Nexus S to
Best Buy after 7 days.

:-!

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
The four buttons

Where are the menu, Home, back and search buttons?
The top bezel looks a bit large. if this is a 4.3" screen, the overall length looks to be long.
The specs don't say a CDMA radio so I assume no Verizon.

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
If this makes it to Verizon without asinine changes (not asinine: killing the trackpad to put in the other two Android buttons; asinine: adding Bing, making the phone uglier, making the screen smaller), this might be my next phone.

idkmybffjill

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
If this makes it to Verizon without asinine changes (not asinine: killing the trackpad to put in the other two Android buttons; asinine: adding Bing, making the phone uglier, making the screen smaller), this might be my next phone.

I thought it was understood that it was coming to V after seeing thee leaked roadmap. Also, is that a track pad on the demo models? I assumed it was an iphone style home button. I kinds hope they change the US version to have the four buttons on the bottom bezel. Definately planning on picking up one of these when my upgrade comes in july.

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was understood that it was coming to V after seeing thee leaked roadmap. Also, is that a track pad on the demo models? I assumed it was an iphone style home button. I kinds hope they change the US version to have the four buttons on the bottom bezel. Definately planning on picking up one of these when my upgrade comes in july.
I personally doubt the authenticity of the roadmap (could've been made in five minutes in MS Excel or Openoffice.org/LibreOffice Calc)... And I guess it could be either a trackpad or a home button. I hope it's not a trackpad personally, Android 2.3 made them pretty much pointless IMO and that was reflected in the Nexus S. But either way, wouldn't be a fan of it; a home button has a place, and it's not centered as a physical button taking space away from the other capacative buttons.

But regardless of what they do with those buttons, if they keep the phone looking stylish and devs adopt it (Looking forward to Voodoo, it's great on my Nexus S, but didn't it take forever for the Galaxy S phones to get CyanogenMod?), I might pick it over the Bionic. Depends on how much better the Bionic's higher resolution screen looks, I'm disappointed Samsung didn't go qHD.

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
You guys saw that the GS2 will be released featuring Exynos OR Tegra 2, depending on region, right?

The speculation is based on Samsung's production capacity of Exynos SoCs; given that it's so new, it's been speculated that Samsung will use Tegra 2 to meet global demand. AnandTech had a great writeup on this when reviewing the Exynos GPU (I think it's Mail-400MP).

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Here are some close Up Pictures of The Galaxy S2. If it comes to Verizon and Comes out In this 2nd Q. I will chose this phone over The Bionic..

Samsung-Galaxy-S2-hands-on-1.jpg

galaxyS2.jpg

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It looks nice but I just can't bring myself to get it on launch day :(

Too worried about issues. Might wait 1 month to read some user feedback.

egginator

May 24, 2010
Visit site
It looks nice but I just can't bring myself to get it on launch day :(

Too worried about issues. Might wait 1 month to read some user feedback.

There's no way I can hold myself back that long. I'll probably skip a day of class just to be first on that line...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney