Galaxy S II Full Specs

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I want to know if they're using the same camera sensor or lens as with the SGS line. I know it's 8 MP instead of 5, but it's probably the same size...did they go with a different sensor so that they could offer 1080p recording?

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Did you guys catch that power pack thing in the accessories page?
It looks like a 1300mh battery and case protector combo. That looks pretty cool.

Benny879

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I want to know if they're using the same camera sensor or lens as with the SGS line. I know it's 8 MP instead of 5, but it's probably the same size...did they go with a different sensor so that they could offer 1080p recording?

I think the biggest reason this phone can record 1080P is because of the raw horsepower the Exynos processor. It takes a lot of computing power to render the video file as it's filming.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Any word on a notification LED? I am using a N1 and would hate to lose that feature.

The GS2 does not have LED on it. On the other Galaxy S phones I know some people downloaded an app that make little dots or Androids on the screen when you get an message or email.

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
It looks nice but I just can't bring myself to get it on launch day :(

Too worried about issues. Might wait 1 month to read some user feedback.

Wait 2 or 3 weeks and start watching Craigslist.
The new releases will inevitably start showing up on there for half price.
Someone will upgrade and then get in a money crunch and sell it while its still new.

I got a G2X half price like that.

;)

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The GS2 does not have LED on it. On the other Galaxy S phones I know some people downloaded an app that make little dots or Androids on the screen when you get an message or email.

I use the app NoLED from the market. The LED notifications show up on your screen when it is in sleep mode, totally customizable. You can use different colored flashing icons for text, email, voicemail, etc. and you can set the phone to vibrate at timed intervals as part of the notification.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Wait 2 or 3 weeks and start watching Craigslist.
The new releases will inevitably start showing up on there for half price.
Someone will upgrade and then get in a money crunch and sell it while its still new.

I got a G2X half price like that.

;)

I will have to keep this in mind. :)

Furiouso

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
OMG when the eff is this thing coming to Verizon. I'm over the Thunderbolt, the charge, 4G, and all the damn data connectivity issues those phones have in 3G areas. 4G or not I'm hopping on one of these on launch day. Keep your eyes peeled for my barely used mint condition Thunderbolt and Charge on ebay the day after lol.

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Why don't the specs ever talk about the FM Radio built in???

I just got mine (from newegg, imported from Chile) and it has an honest to goodness Fm radio tuner on it, works great with headphones. Wonder if it has an FM transmitter?

Unfortunately no sign of NFC on this one.

CELLPFAN

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21