USB-on the go

Aykan

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone

I'm considering buying galaxy s II and i saw this spec mentioned in the official page of the phone but couldn't find it in the photos, so can anyone confirm the spec -specially anyone who has attended MWC???

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone

I'm considering buying galaxy s II and i saw this spec mentioned in the official page of the phone but couldn't find it in the photos, so can anyone confirm the spec -specially anyone who has attended MWC???

I wasn't at MWC but a USB OTG micro connector doesn't look appreciably different than regular micro USB connector. Instead of 4 pins it will have 5 (although having a 5th pin doesn't necessarily mean that it will be OTG) and will allow the connection of a type a or type b cable. Here is a presentation on it, unfortunately its only for Mini USB, but its principles can be applied to the micro USB connector.

http://www.usb.org/developers/onthego/london/OTG_mechanical.pdf

egginator

May 24, 2010
Visit site
So does that mean that I can use my portable DAC or not? I mean the SGS2 will probably have a Wolfson DAC but let's not kid ourselves here, a discrete DAC is always better.

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
So does that mean that I can use my portable DAC or not? I mean the SGS2 will probably have a Wolfson DAC but let's not kid ourselves here, a discrete DAC is always better.

I'm not sure I understand how it relates. Are you referring to using an external DAC for audio that is connected through USB. If so I think your bigger issue is if it will be supported in software.

DanBa

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand how it relates. Are you referring to using an external DAC for audio that is connected through USB. If so I think your bigger issue is if it will be supported in software.
An Android kernel developer is trying to enable the USB audio feature (i.e. to allow interoperability between Samsung Galaxy S2 and USB DAC).
He is looking for testers.

"Anyone have a dmesg log when connecting a DAC device? I don't use one so I can't test and get logs. If you need DAC support you'll need to help out here. If not, I can simply remove support for it in 1.4 since it doesn't work right and I can't test it."
xda-developers - View Single Post - [KERNEL][14FEB'12]RedPillKernel_Rev1.3[RedPill Touch CWM Recovery by AF974]"TAKE IT!"

Red Pill Kernel
RedPill_Rev1.3
Experimental: USB Audio support for DAC devices
[KERNEL][14FEB'12]RedPillKernel_Rev1.3[RedPill Touch CWM Recovery by AF974]"TAKE IT!" - xda-developers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair