View Poll Results: What kind of phone are you swapping out for the Galaxy S2?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • Samsung Galaxy S1 series

55 14.03%
  • Motorola Droid series

26 6.63%
  • Google Nexus series

14 3.57%
  • LG Optimus series

5 1.28%
  • Sony Xperia series

1 0.26%
  • HTC series

61 15.56%
  • Other Android

12 3.06%
  • iPhone

75 19.13%
  • Blackberry

81 20.66%
  • Other non-Android

62 15.82%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts

Default Re: What phone will you be switching from?

evo3d

Came from an Iphone4, to the SGS2, then back to an Iphone4 again, now back to the SGS2 yet again, odd I know, but I just couldn't make my mind up, now I have.

I just switched from an iPhone, actually i got my S2 today

I've just jumped from the sinking webOS ship! My 2 year old Pre has now been replaced by the S2. I still love webOS, but having used the S2 during the day- it's clear I was living in the dark ages!

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Torch 9800....

My previous devices (since 2008):

BB 8800
    BB 8320
    BB 8900

It's starting to get awefully lonely over in RIM land and it's time to come to the dark side.

I've already switched from the first Galaxy S to the Galaxy S2. I think this particular switch from GS to GS2 is because we all loved the first GS, it's a great phone. So, we couldn't wait to put our hands in the new one, which is even more amazing!

Oddly, I like the GS's design more; so, at first, I felt the GS2 to be a bit huge, fragil and squared (since I had both I could compare them). Now I've sold my GS (and I must say I miss it), and as time goes by, I'm more and more used to my GS2 which is absolutely awesome! =)

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    To all you future Galaxy S2 owners - which phone are you currently using?
    I technically switched from my 2007 Motorola razr because my 18 month old Sony Ericsson went to pot!!

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts

I'm counting the hours until the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch dethrones my EVO 4G, which will become a spare phone in a drawer.

ROM
    VillainROM+Ninphetamine

Quote Originally Posted by MyrtleMae View Post
    I technically switched from my 2007 Motorola razr because my 18 month old Sony Ericsson went to pot!!
    the razr is still one of the best phones ive ever used tbh

i switched from my iphone 4 after a year

Thumbs up Re: What phone will you be switching from?

I've made the switch to a GS II from an EVO 4G. I don't regret it at all. I have some complaints already but this device is really sweet.

I never even looked at a Galaxy phone until two weeks ago when me and a buddy drove down to Maryland for the Baltimore Grand Prix. We used his Galaxy S phone for navigation. While he drove I started playing with the GS and was pretty impressed. Came back to AndroidCentral to find out about it and read that a GS II was right around the corner. So I waited and I'm glad I did.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I am not switching, Iam keeping my BB 9780, BBM is addictive and I would get the latest BB when it arrives in my country, gsii is used for web surfing, listen to music and internet radio, the BB is with one carrier and gsii is with another. the gsii with 4g is super fast while browsing and very user friendly.

I ordered my GS2 yesterday and can't wait 'til it arrives so I can trash my @#%$! Blackberry.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Switched from my old palm pre and am extremely happy so far!

ROM
    Stock

sure about replacing more like adding to my exanding android collection lol
    Samsung galaxy Nexus i9250 stock

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

coming from HTC Sense, and some other custom ROM i thought that i would hate touch wiz. But little by little im falling in love with this beast and its thinnes. Specially coming from a G2.
    I got the international White SGII, and I simply think it's the best phone out there.

switched from palm pre+

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

Coming from the Blackberry 9900. It's supposed to be the best Blackberry device, but it still can't do 1/20th of what any Android phone can.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

I love Blackberry, and I have been his fan for long time ago, but this are hard times.............. for BB. After all I read , I had to try The samsung Galaxy s2, and I thought "wtf!!!!!!!!!!" Ive been wasting time stucked in BB. I wish the best for BB, but right now I can see that android is the best choice of all (including of course iOS)

Can't remain loyal any longer to the sinking ship that is RIM. I loved my 8900 and 9700 dearly for a long time but i can't take it anymore, it's time to move on to something bigger and better. Here i come my sweet sweet galaxy S2, not much longer before you're in my hands!

P.S. Looking at the specs and the prices I have decided the S2 is a better deal than the Galaxy Nexus. (provided of course we get ICS in the next few months) Is this a wise decision or not so much? feelings/thoughts pls.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #70  

Quote Originally Posted by boggsterman View Post
    Can't remain loyal any longer to the sinking ship that is RIM. I loved my 8900 and 9700 dearly for a long time but i can't take it anymore, it's time to move on to something bigger and better. Here i come my sweet sweet galaxy S2, not much longer before you're in my hands!

P.S. Looking at the specs and the prices I have decided the S2 is a better deal than the Galaxy Nexus. (provided of course we get ICS in the next few months) Is this a wise decision or not so much? feelings/thoughts pls.
    Here's a thread from the Galaxy Nexus forum: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-sgs2-ics.html

Would also be a good idea to find the similar thread in a Galaxy S2 forum (don't have a link handy atm) to get arguments from both sides.
    Thanked by:

I switched from the Samsung Omnia 7 on Windows and haven't looked back.

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9 // Stock 4.0.4

I just switched from the Samsung Galaxy S Captivate, loved that phone. Will love the S2

ROM
    Most Recent (non-rooted)

I was on a Symbian S40v5 phone which is one of the worse mobile operating systems going. In fact my very first mobile over 6 years ago now was better than it.

I just switched from an iPhone 3GS. Lovin the S II so far. Very glad I made the change.

Switched from an iPhone 3GS... NEVER going back to crapple

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast