Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: What kind of phone are you swapping out for the Galaxy S2?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • Samsung Galaxy S1 series

55 14.03%
  • Motorola Droid series

26 6.63%
  • Google Nexus series

14 3.57%
  • LG Optimus series

5 1.28%
  • Sony Xperia series

1 0.26%
  • HTC series

61 15.56%
  • Other Android

12 3.06%
  • iPhone

75 19.13%
  • Blackberry

81 20.66%
  • Other non-Android

62 15.82%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: What phone will you be switching from?

...iPhone 3G is where I'm from.
    Been wanting more camera and better OS response.Was all primed for the iPhone 4S but my ATT upgrade date kept getting pushed back (I'm a Baaad boy Abbott).
    So I switched to TMo,3phones for the price of 2 + a penny,added 2 lines for sis & bro,barely 2X the cost of my solo ATT!
    A little razzled with the Android learning curve but I am totally digging the hardware.Just hope my ol'lady sis can get with it.
    Ya'll gonna have to clue me in on this 'root' business,and this froyo talk ???
    And whats up with not being able to DL apps to the Mac and USB to the phone (besides the evil plan to have me use up my airtime on goofin around)?
    To the ether!
    Jay.

HTC Desire S .... but i only had that for 3 months after giving up my iphone 4, decided i needed more Umph
    Has a Mac, Use's android .... confuses fanboys

Coming from Blackberry Torch, but SGS2 its 100000000000 better than that turtle... No regrets...

ROM
    Calkulin's ROM

Ill be switching from VZW's LG envy3...yup it will be my 1st smartphone.

From Iphone. And surprised to see so many same choices.

Got my S2 today and it's been charging all afternoon. I am switching from the Samsung Captivate.

Just switched from a BlackBerry Torch 9800. I don't dislike BB, but getting the S2 made sense because I've got two Android Tablets (an original Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 and an Asus Transformer TF101). The fact that it's come down in price a bit in anticipation of the S3 also helped!

I've owned the S2 since Saturday and I can't believe how fast it is compared to my BB Torch!. Not really surprised to see that so many people have switched from BBs and iPhones. Really really love my S2 (and I thought I was going to be a die hard CrackBerry for the rest of my life!)
    Last edited by historianheidi; 06-04-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

BlackBerry Bold 9700 to Galaxy S II.

Switched over last month. Wow larger and brighter (gasp) but awful awful battery life. Still getting accustomed to the Android UI ... i'm missing the BB KB.

BlackBerry Curve 8310...then BlackBerry Storm...then ran back to the Curve

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    ROM
    Touchwiz

I'm wondering if to jump in though. My local carrier just announced some VERY low prices for the GSII probably in preparation for the higher priced GSIII and while I was very stern on going Nexus only, the price is very hard to disagree with. I actually feel the need for some guidance. If I want the features of JB [I could probably suffer the skin], but we all know Samsung gives trouble. Who says we're REALLY going to get a JB upgrade? Better than the BlackBerry I'm currently using but.. should I?

I think it ultimately comes down to how important JB is to you. I can't find much to say that we'll definitely get it. I love my phone - even though the S2 has been out for a year I still think it's a great device-and JB isn't that important to me. If it is a deal breaker for you, then perhaps wait and see if we get more JB news. Or stick with your original plan.

Oh and I came from a BB too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums

I switched from Blackberry Bold 9790. Yay Me

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums

I think I'm not usual switcher as my previous phone was iPhone 3gs)

I also upgraded from a Torch 9800, it was an atrocious device in my opinion.

i was recently using an iphone (). apple is the worst product anyone could ever sell

coming from a samsung rant, no data. This is my first smartphone (for personal use at least, had a blackberry bold for work). I'm loving this phone so far!!!!!

Switched from Lg Optimus Elite

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB
    Gayle Jean
    AKA :GJTRUEFAITH
    All Things are possible for God!!!

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eSport View Post
    BlackBerry Bold 9700 to Galaxy S II.

Switched over last month. Wow larger and brighter (gasp) but awful awful battery life. Still getting accustomed to the Android UI ... i'm missing the BB KB.
    Moved to a SGNote about 7 mths ago. Larger, brighter, faster
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234