Wait...GS3?! What about the U.S. S2?

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Apple-Samsung lawsuit a battle over Samsung Galaxy S3 and the iPhone 5, both slated for fall release - Phone Arena

So does this match up with that report a few weeks ago that our s2 release would be pushed to q3? Also does this mean our S2 will be changed to an S3 similar to the optimus 2x turning into the g2x or is this S3 fall release only for overseas (non-u.s.) release giving it that 6-8 month window between flagship devices? Will we end up with some cross between the S2 and the S3? Am I missing something and it's just a little too early or are things changing behind the curtain? Sorry for so many questions. Either way, I guess for all the people so anxious to get their hands on their new mobile phone, this is where it pays to be one of the last regions to receive a launch.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I think the only thing left for the GS2 is carrier radios, restrictions and bloat ware at this point. I don't think it will change from what was at CES as far as phone feature hardware is concerned.

I've been drooling over the GS2 since I saw it, I'll still wait for it, buy it and then immediately want the GS3. If the GS3 goes through the same type of process it could mean we'll see it in 8 - 12 months here. I don't think you're missing anything, but the GS3, even if one exists in physical form right now is probably in more of a prototype stage (I don't even think that mentioned CPU is ready). I would say it's realistically too early to have a real release schedule for the GS3, though I can see how Sammy would want to slam Apple spec/feature wise right around the launch of the iphone 5 and the holiday season. I think to do that they'll actually have to put the handset on the ground though and not just have a press release announcement, so I hope I'm wrong about that 8 - 12 month time frame.

Samsung is smart and I'm sure they learned a few things about working with one hardware platform with 4 - 8 different radio configurations here in the US, so maybe between the S1/S2 they've streamlined the process.

I'm really excited about Sammy's display tech, I hope they take Apple to task here and use all their goodies for their own products instead of selling them off to Apple.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I said a while back that Samsung is going to become a major player in the Android world and it looks like this is going to become a reality. G3 sounds like a nice piece of hardware.

I'm all over the Galaxy SII when it comes to Verizon. Motorola and HTC will have to step up their game because Samsung is going to make a big splash very soon......

pc747

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I said a while back that Samsung is going to become a major player in the Android world and it looks like this is going to become a reality. G3 sounds like a nice piece of hardware.

I'm all over the Galaxy SII when it comes to Verizon. Motorola and HTC will have to step up their game because Samsung is going to make a big splash very soon......

I am watching videos on youtube about the galaxy 2 and I am already wanting to ebay my tbolt. The galaxy 2 seems like the device to get. I am almost certain my next device will be samsung if they keep up making better phones. Now just do better with the updates and I can get around touchwiz.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I am watching videos on youtube about the galaxy 2 and I am already wanting to ebay my tbolt. The galaxy 2 seems like the device to get. I am almost certain my next device will be samsung if they keep up making better phones. Now just do better with the updates and I can get around touchwiz.

T-bolt on 1 year contract right?

pc747

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
T-bolt on 1 year contract right?

Definitely I would not have bought a tbolt otherwise. I knew what I was getting. I wanted something to play with while I wait to see what vzw do next year. I knew what I was getting, basically a rebranded evo that allowed me to unlocked the bootloader.

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca