Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Referring to Infuse: "Samsung is predicting..this will be its summer blockbuster."

    Wtf..This seems to imply we won't be getting the S2 this summer?!

    I might just have to get a S2 unlocked from Europe.
  2. #2  

    Default

    Its AT&T. What do you expect? You figured that they way they have treated android as a red headed step child, if amazes me that even try at this point. Hell they called T-Mobile's great device offerings as undesirable. To me AT&T is the worst carrier in the industry and pray every night the merger doesn't get approved. If they do I'm jumping to Sprint.

    Sent from my Xoom
  3. #3  

    Default

    Of course another good phone not coming to Verizon.
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aDroidtoRemember View Post
    Wtf..This seems to imply we won't be getting the S2 this summer?!

    I might just have to get a S2 unlocked from Europe.

    If tmobile gets bought out you can buy it from t-mobile, because I am sure tmobile will get it, and use it on the new at&t-mobile.
  5. #5  
    Castor Troy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,498 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aDroidtoRemember View Post
    Wtf..This seems to imply we won't be getting the S2 this summer?!

    I might just have to get a S2 unlocked from Europe.
    Not at all. Its a 4.5" screen. People love that stuff. The average consumer will see that big beautiful screen and snatch it up like hotcakes. I see it as a huge hit as well. Put it side by side with the SII and don't reveal the specs to either and I'd buy it : )

    I do agree its probably going to be a huge hit. No other phone has that size display and add to it how beautiful it is and you have a HUGE hit.

    Remember 99% of most consumer's eyes glaze over when you start throwing specs at them. They go by what they see plain and simple. "Oh I like this one!!!"

    SII will live in its shadow simply for that reason I believe.



    Sent from my Droid
  6. #6  
    Castor Troy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,498 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

    Default

    As a side note it is a pretty impressive looking phone. 4.5" of SAMOLED PLUS is something to behold.



    Sent from my Droid
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    Not at all. Its a 4.5" screen. People love that stuff. The average consumer will see that big beautiful screen and snatch it up like hotcakes. I see it as a huge hit as well. Put it side by side with the SII and don't reveal the specs to either and I'd buy it : )

    I do agree its probably going to be a huge hit. No other phone has that size display and add to it how beautiful it is and you have a HUGE hit.

    Remember 99% of most consumer's eyes glaze over when you start throwing specs at them. They go by what they see plain and simple. "Oh I like this one!!!"

    SII will live in its shadow simply for that reason I believe.



    Sent from my Droid
    While I agree about the average consumer, the S2 is just simply to good to pass up. I just figured out that I can buy the White 32gb iphone on contract ($300), sell for $700, and buy an S2 for $700. So screw At&t, I'm going to get the S2 anyway, without your bloatware!
  8. #8  
    Castor Troy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,498 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aDroidtoRemember View Post
    While I agree about the average consumer, the S2 is just simply to good to pass up. I just figured out that I can buy the White 32gb iphone on contract ($300), sell for $700, and buy an S2 for $700. So screw At&t, I'm going to get the S2 anyway, without your bloatware!
    Hey man I'm am right there with you on the GS2. I want the handset as well. It will be a good retail purchase in my opinion. It will remeain top-tier for a while. Congrats on your decision : )
  9. #9  

    Default

    It just passed fcc the other day with At&t hspa+ frequencies its coming to the us for all 3 major carriers

    sent from my Atrix
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    Hey man I'm am right there with you on the GS2. I want the handset as well. It will be a good retail purchase in my opinion. It will remeain top-tier for a while. Congrats on your decision : )
    Thanks man, I can't wait. First real smartphone for me with data, man is it going to be a step up from this bb curve.


    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
    It just passed fcc the other day with At&t hspa+ frequencies its coming to the us for all 3 major carriers

    sent from my Atrix
    I agree it'll get to the states sooner or later...but it is definitely going to be later...at least ~3 months
  11. #11  

    Default

    Which ever comes first I will Grab.. The Bionic/Targa or The GS2!!!
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    Which ever comes first I will Grab.. The Bionic/Targa or The GS2!!!
    even if GS2 is not lte and bionic/targa is?
  13. #13  

    Default

    I was going to get the Infuse until I purchased the Galaxy S2. The Infuse size scares me. While I love the large screen the S2 will be fine and has Gingerbread.
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmreagle View Post
    even if GS2 is not lte and bionic/targa is?
    No if it is not LTE which I believe it is not although it has a great screen it is not worth getting if it is 3G. I would rather get the Bionic/Targa and use it in 3G until LTE is fixed.
  15. #15  

    Default

    I would take the SGS2 with 3G, no issues and I will have 4G LTE by late summer. Right I'm still waiting for the Charge and the longer they take the less likely I will buy it. I may just get a used DX, load GB 2.3.3 on it and wait out the storm for a while.

Posting Permissions