Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Referring to Infuse: "Samsung is predicting..this will be its summer blockbuster."

Wtf..This seems to imply we won't be getting the S2 this summer?!

I might just have to get a S2 unlocked from Europe.

Its AT&T. What do you expect? You figured that they way they have treated android as a red headed step child, if amazes me that even try at this point. Hell they called T-Mobile's great device offerings as undesirable. To me AT&T is the worst carrier in the industry and pray every night the merger doesn't get approved. If they do I'm jumping to Sprint.

Sent from my Xoom

Of course another good phone not coming to Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by aDroidtoRemember View Post

If tmobile gets bought out you can buy it from t-mobile, because I am sure tmobile will get it, and use it on the new at&t-mobile.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

Not at all. Its a 4.5" screen. People love that stuff. The average consumer will see that big beautiful screen and snatch it up like hotcakes. I see it as a huge hit as well. Put it side by side with the SII and don't reveal the specs to either and I'd buy it : )

I do agree its probably going to be a huge hit. No other phone has that size display and add to it how beautiful it is and you have a HUGE hit.

Remember 99% of most consumer's eyes glaze over when you start throwing specs at them. They go by what they see plain and simple. "Oh I like this one!!!"

SII will live in its shadow simply for that reason I believe.

Sent from my Droid
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

As a side note it is a pretty impressive looking phone. 4.5" of SAMOLED PLUS is something to behold.

Sent from my Droid
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    Not at all. Its a 4.5" screen. People love that stuff. The average consumer will see that big beautiful screen and snatch it up like hotcakes. I see it as a huge hit as well. Put it side by side with the SII and don't reveal the specs to either and I'd buy it : )

I do agree its probably going to be a huge hit. No other phone has that size display and add to it how beautiful it is and you have a HUGE hit.

Remember 99% of most consumer's eyes glaze over when you start throwing specs at them. They go by what they see plain and simple. "Oh I like this one!!!"

SII will live in its shadow simply for that reason I believe.

Sent from my Droid
    While I agree about the average consumer, the S2 is just simply to good to pass up. I just figured out that I can buy the White 32gb iphone on contract ($300), sell for $700, and buy an S2 for $700. So screw At&t, I'm going to get the S2 anyway, without your bloatware!
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

While I agree about the average consumer, the S2 is just simply to good to pass up. I just figured out that I can buy the White 32gb iphone on contract ($300), sell for $700, and buy an S2 for $700. So screw At&t, I'm going to get the S2 anyway, without your bloatware!
    Hey man I'm am right there with you on the GS2. I want the handset as well. It will be a good retail purchase in my opinion. It will remeain top-tier for a while. Congrats on your decision : )

It just passed fcc the other day with At&t hspa+ frequencies its coming to the us for all 3 major carriers

sent from my Atrix
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    Hey man I'm am right there with you on the GS2. I want the handset as well. It will be a good retail purchase in my opinion. It will remeain top-tier for a while. Congrats on your decision : )
    Thanks man, I can't wait. First real smartphone for me with data, man is it going to be a step up from this bb curve.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
    It just passed fcc the other day with At&t hspa+ frequencies its coming to the us for all 3 major carriers

sent from my Atrix
    I agree it'll get to the states sooner or later...but it is definitely going to be later...at least ~3 months

Which ever comes first I will Grab.. The Bionic/Targa or The GS2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    Which ever comes first I will Grab.. The Bionic/Targa or The GS2!!!
    even if GS2 is not lte and bionic/targa is?

I was going to get the Infuse until I purchased the Galaxy S2. The Infuse size scares me. While I love the large screen the S2 will be fine and has Gingerbread.

Quote Originally Posted by rmreagle View Post
    even if GS2 is not lte and bionic/targa is?
    No if it is not LTE which I believe it is not although it has a great screen it is not worth getting if it is 3G. I would rather get the Bionic/Targa and use it in 3G until LTE is fixed.

I would take the SGS2 with 3G, no issues and I will have 4G LTE by late summer. Right I'm still waiting for the Charge and the longer they take the less likely I will buy it. I may just get a used DX, load GB 2.3.3 on it and wait out the storm for a while.