Galaxy S II for US Carriers Confirmed?

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I didn't see any posts on this, so I thought I shared it with all here.

Pocketnow, who originally stumbled upon the possible Galaxy S II carrier branding, have found more evidence of such. It seems the phone will hit AT&T (Attain), Verizon (Function), and Sprint (Within). All three phones will be identically according to the article.

For a screenshot and more information click on this link:

Galaxy S 2 US Carrier Branding Confirmed?

sweetmonster457

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
carriers.jpg

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Attain, Function and Within: Is it just me or are those the suckiest names for a phone ever? I hope they come up with some cooler names before the phone is released in the US.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
As someone else pointed out...kickstand? They probably copy and pasted the description from either the Thunderbolt or Evo.

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Wish vzw would get this sometime before oct/nov but i seriously doubt it. Vzw needs a competitor very soon, too many 2010 spec phones being released

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Attain, Function and Within: Is it just me or are those the suckiest names for a phone ever? I hope they come up with some cooler names before the phone is released in the US.

They can call them whatever they want as long as Sprint gets their version here. I also hope they do not change the appearance of the phone too much from the international version.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Wish vzw would get this sometime before oct/nov but i seriously doubt it. Vzw needs a competitor very soon, too many 2010 spec phones being released

Well, if the GSII on Verizon is only 3G (which given the current form factor, it'd have to be), then I would expect it way before then (at least that's what I'm hoping). I'd only see a Q4 release if they try and put an LTE radio in it.

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunitly I think Dolfan to be right, I really wish there was a LTE radio, but they would have to design a brand new one. Even if it comes out 3g I will get it, as long as unlimited data is around.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunitly I think Dolfan to be right, I really wish there was a LTE radio, but they would have to design a brand new one. Even if it comes out 3g I will get it, as long as unlimited data is around.

They redesigned the Galaxy S1 to have a WiMAX radio. Why wouldn't they change the GS2 to have an LTE radio?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC