How does the Exynos stack up against Qualcomm?

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Well now that we know the specs of at least the Tmobile Galaxy S2 variant, and now we know that it won't have the Exynos processor does anyone know how the Exynos will stack up against the Qualcomm APQ8060 processor?? Is it better?? I'm just so seriously disappointed in the fact that Samsung isn't including the Exynos in its US variants of the GS2, but I guess what's even more disappointing is the (estimated) september 26th release date for T-mobile. :-(

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Actually we don't "know" anything about the US T Mobile Galaxy S 2 variant. The "Hercules" isn't confirmed as T Mobile's version of the SGS2. We won't know anything for sure until the Samsung event which has been postponed...

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
we know one thing. that damn exynos processor is a freaking beast and the sensation with quallcom 1.2 dual core didnt even come close on quadrant.

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I would still like to see a head to head after the Sensation is released. I believe the previous tests on the Sensation were on un-finalized software, so lets see how it does now.

I still am holding on to hope that T Mobile will get the SGS2. ;)

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Actually we don't "know" anything about the US T Mobile Galaxy S 2 variant. The "Hercules" isn't confirmed as T Mobile's version of the SGS2. We won't know anything for sure until the Samsung event which has been postponed...

Very true. However, IF the Hercules IS T-Mobile's version of the GSII, that means the form factor has been slightly changed from it's overseas counterpart, based on the photo. So, if that's the case, it gives me a teeny tiny bit of hope that it could come to Verizon with the necessary form factor changes to accommodate LTE radios. Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

Slayix312

May 19, 2010
Visit site
we know one thing. that damn exynos processor is a freaking beast and the sensation with quallcom 1.2 dual core didnt even come close on quadrant.

AnandTech - Dual Core Snapdragon GPU Performance Explored - 1.5 GHz MSM8660 and Adreno 220 Benchmarks

The MSM8660 on the Sensation and EVO 3D beats the Tegra 2

and the Tegra 2 in return beats the Exynos

AnandTech - Samsung's Galaxy S II Preliminary Performance: Mali-400MP Benchmarked

So the Qualcomm chips can more then hold their own. A head 2 head will be interesting indeed. I am also curious to see the results.

Edit: The APQ8060 is the same as the MSM8660 which is why I brought it up...just an FYI. Which makes me wonder what all the commotion about this particular Qualcomm chip is since it's announcement on the Hercules lol.

Qualcomm’s MSM8660 dual-core CPU and Adreno 220 GPU that is going to be found in HP Palm’s TouchPad (under the APQ8060 name)

Source: http://www.mobiletechworld.com/2011/02/16/qualcomm-msm8660-and-adreno-220-gpu-demo/

Last edited:

KingKuba

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Comparing 2.3 vs 2.2 and qHD vs lower res is pointless as is quadrant.

Look at a tegra 2 running 1.4 vs exynos 1.5 vs whatever

Exynos is demolished. clock for clock

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01