Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to add contacts in WhatsApp?

I am brand new to androids ( got Samsung Galaxy SII) and can not add contacts to my WhatsApp..any ideas?

thanks.
    Last edited by ajouria; 05-23-2011 at 04:50 PM.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Welcome to the forums and thanks for introducing yourself!

Now to make sure your question gets answered, I'm going to move your post to our Galaxy S 2 forums so we can get the attention of other Galaxy S 2 owners and hopefully get your questione answered.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks Cory!

I hope I get some replies, as searching on net it seems a lot of users encounter the same problem. Suggestions such as " make sure you got the + sign in front of numbers", or having them stored in your favourites or even store numbers on phone rather than SIM, do not resolve the issue. WhatsApp's FAQs do not provide any tips either..wonder if it is a glitch they have...

Default Re: How to add contacts in WhatsApp?

Hi there, I am also a relative novice on Android and have just got my Motorola Xoom. Same issue, am unable to get the contacts to sync anywhere.

Other forums suggest rooting the tablet and somehow transferring from a rooted android operated mobile phone, given that I only found out what rooting means yesterday not really an option for me!

I contacted WhatsApp and here is their reply verbatim

"Hi,

Thanks for your message. Sorry, we don't support tablet devices for WhatsApp.
    --
    Best / Un saludo,
    Cristina"

Any assistance for a non tech guy like me would be much appreciated

Just to go back to basic one more time.. you DO have "+" sign AND the country code in front of your phone numbers in your contact right?

For example, if you friends are in US, you should have +1 in front of the 10 digit phone number

after that, hit contact refresh and you should see your contact on whatsapp favorite

it won't work consistently without "+" AND country code

I just purchased Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 tablet. How do I get my contacts from my computer?

first, sign up/register to whatsapp, with your phone's number. add the contact's number in your phone's contact, save. now go to whats app, that contact will show up, as long as he is using whatsapp.

Whatsapp only supports devices with a phone number.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Whatsapp will pull the contacts from your phone contact list. Only people who have whatsapp will appear in the whatsapp contact list.
    If you just added a contact, you'll want to hit menu>update contact list.

There are some work around to get whatsapp on your tablet, but you need some knowledge over rooting and flashing process.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    Android: Resistance is Futile!.

How do i unblocksome one when number is deleted from what apps

I also have a Samsung II and I cannot add new contacts to Whatsapp. Did you get an answer?

Hi Rich,
    Where do you find the "menu"? My contact list on the phone end are updated, but are not read by Whatsapp.

Good day,
    I have downloaded the latest apk file and install on my phone. This seems to solve the problem to add contacts to whatsapp.
    link below to download the latest apk file;

(http://www.whatsapp.com/android/current/WhatsApp.apk) open on your phone browser

if not then download from your pc and copy onto phpne and install from there.

Hope this helps other guys as well.
    Hennie

try now , download from google play store . Also ensure enough space in card.