How to add contacts in WhatsApp?

ajouria

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I am brand new to androids ( got Samsung Galaxy SII) and can not add contacts to my WhatsApp..any ideas?

thanks.

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the forums and thanks for introducing yourself!

Now to make sure your question gets answered, I'm going to move your post to our Galaxy S 2 forums so we can get the attention of other Galaxy S 2 owners and hopefully get your questione answered.

Reactions: ajouria

ajouria

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Cory!

I hope I get some replies, as searching on net it seems a lot of users encounter the same problem. Suggestions such as " make sure you got the + sign in front of numbers", or having them stored in your favourites or even store numbers on phone rather than SIM, do not resolve the issue. WhatsApp's FAQs do not provide any tips either..wonder if it is a glitch they have...

aarish

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi there, I am also a relative novice on Android and have just got my Motorola Xoom. Same issue, am unable to get the contacts to sync anywhere.

Other forums suggest rooting the tablet and somehow transferring from a rooted android operated mobile phone, given that I only found out what rooting means yesterday not really an option for me!

I contacted WhatsApp and here is their reply verbatim

"Hi,

Thanks for your message. Sorry, we don't support tablet devices for WhatsApp.
--
Best / Un saludo,
Cristina"

Any assistance for a non tech guy like me would be much appreciated

boxta

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Just to go back to basic one more time.. you DO have "+" sign AND the country code in front of your phone numbers in your contact right?

For example, if you friends are in US, you should have +1 in front of the 10 digit phone number

after that, hit contact refresh and you should see your contact on whatsapp favorite

it won't work consistently without "+" AND country code

onick

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
first, sign up/register to whatsapp, with your phone's number. add the contact's number in your phone's contact, save. now go to whats app, that contact will show up, as long as he is using whatsapp.

rich.x87

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Whatsapp will pull the contacts from your phone contact list. Only people who have whatsapp will appear in the whatsapp contact list.
If you just added a contact, you'll want to hit menu>update contact list.

There are some work around to get whatsapp on your tablet, but you need some knowledge over rooting and flashing process.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums