Waiting for a Galaxy S2?

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Interesting indeed. May have just shed some light on the May 24th event that was canceled.

Apple is going to tie them up in court and mess with their release schedule. This can get real ugly.

Sent from my Droid

Last edited:

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
If Apple is going to play dirty Samsung just needs to cut them off. No more processor or screen components, see how that affects the quality and the release schedule of the newer iPhones.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
If Apple is going to play dirty Samsung just needs to cut them off. No more processor or screen components, see how that affects the quality and the release schedule of the newer iPhones.

HeHe I like the way you think......

Grayfox I THINK Apple knows they won't win but they will just tie them up in court and ruin their launch schedule. As you know a fouled up launch schedule can cost millions. Especially with this phone.

It's dirty. These types of things make me angry at Apple.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Apple isn't playing dirty. This was the judges idea not theirs.

Also; Samsung isn't stupid. Apple has multibillion dollar contracts with them that are certainly worth more than the sales of the gs2. If they cut them off the company would be exposed to lawsuits and shareholder action.

What will happen is this: Samsung will settle and might admit fault for violating apples trademarks and patents, pay apple a chunk of money and make some changes to touchwiz and their packaging, and they'll go on together as if nothing happened. That's samsungs only option, because the area of law in which apple made its claims favors apple and not Samsung. It is also a huge risk for Samsung if they fight it hard, because they stand the risk of losing BIG if they don't settle.
Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
HeHe I like the way you think......

Grayfox I THINK Apple knows they won't win but they will just tie them up in court and ruin their launch schedule. As you know a fouled up launch schedule can cost millions. Especially with this phone.

It's dirty. These types of things make me angry at Apple.

Here's the thing; apple will win this suit if Samsung fights to the end. It is very easy to prove infringement, easier than in any part of patent or trademark law.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

mariusvt

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Guess that means there isn't much point holding out to see when the s2 drops. Seems like since the wife wants an upgrade I am pretty much stuck with the infuse or wait till the fall sometime to upgrade my iphone.

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Can't say I'm not just a little disappointed by this latest development. I just hope it doesn't take long to get this thing settled.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I though the same thing about this lawsuit possibly causing delay when I saw this article. I hope it isn't the fact because I have actually been giving serious thought to buying one from an online retailer and activating it in ATT and I really don't want to pay that much for a phone or go to ATT. My patience is wearing thin.

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
You know what, at first I was thinking this was meaning delay but after looking into it a but more.... It doesn't necessarily spell disaster. The SII, infuse, Charge and both size tabs were ordered to be given within 30 days for review to determine infringement and so forth. Well the Infuse has already launched here, SII obviously launched overseas already, Charge has launched and the Tabs have been given away at IO and will be available within a matter of days Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 coming in a “few days” with Honeycomb 3.1 on board - Phone Arena (the 3rd paragraph is the interesting one) So it's not like the products are just being yanked. What is to say it doesn't have Samsung launch the SII even faster? Especially since they had/have a month's time before the deadline to hand the stuff over.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
You know what, at first I was thinking this was meaning delay but after looking into it a but more.... It doesn't necessarily spell disaster. The SII, infuse, Charge and both size tabs were ordered to be given within 30 days for review to determine infringement and so forth. Well the Infuse has already launched here, SII obviously launched overseas already, Charge has launched and the Tabs have been given away at IO and will be available within a matter of days Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 coming in a “few days” with Honeycomb 3.1 on board - Phone Arena (the 3rd paragraph is the interesting one) So it's not like the products are just being yanked. What is to say it doesn't have Samsung launch the SII even faster? Especially since they had/have a month's time before the deadline to hand the stuff over.

Speculation begins: I don't think it will be a disaster per se but I'm sure since the 24th event was cancelled/postponed the launch is being pushed back. Thats my only "concern." The device will launch in the US but when is the million dollar question. We probably would have already known that if this lawsuit wasn't going on. Specualtion ends. Fact starts: maybe I'm totally off base and it (lawsuit) has nothing to do with it. Fact ends. :)

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
On the optimistic side ... unless there's an injunction preventing Samsung from releasing the phone, I don't see why they wouldn't release it as scheduled. If we consider that Apple wins the lawsuit which forces Samsung to modify their user interface, couldn't this simply be accomplished via an OTA update? My understanding is that Apple basically got their panties in a wad because they claim that TouchWiz looks too much like iOS, and decided to sue. Unless there's more to the lawsuit that I'm unaware of (which could very well be the case), I just don't see a significant impact as I think the worse that could happen would be an injunction that would prevent sales until the interface could be changed, but probably more likely an injunction forcing Samsung to simply modify the skin/user interface (a quick solution may be to just push stock Android until it can be modified completely).

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Unless there's more to the lawsuit that I'm unaware of (which could very well be the case), I just don't see a significant impact as I think the worse that could happen would be an injunction that would prevent sales until the interface could be changed, but probably more likely an injunction forcing Samsung to simply modify the skin/user interface (a quick solution may be to just push stock Android until it can be modified completely).
From what I've read through multiple sites it includes the phone as a whole and even gone as far as requesting marketing materials and packaging. Wow huh?! I guess they figured in the Charge and SII unbboxiing videos that the box slipped off too much like theirs.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
From what I've read through multiple sites it includes the phone as a whole and even gone as far as requesting marketing materials and packaging. Wow huh?! I guess they figured in the Charge and SII unbboxiing videos that the box slipped off too much like theirs.

Wow. Might as well sue everybody then. Oh wait, I think they are ... Okay, from now on, only Apple can make smartphones!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair