Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: Fix for AT&T User's Slow Data Speed's! (Correct APN settings)

RE 2.3.4 (KG1)

Some AT&T users have reported difficulty connecting to AT&T data network after flashing 2.3.4. Adding a new APN (using settings in linked thread) seems to resolve the problem:
    Soluion for 2.3.4 Stock..NO Data for ATT users - xda-developers

Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS

Smile GSII AT&T APN settings

After have gone from a dumb plan back to the unlimited smartphone data, I'm so happy as I had comitted the biggest mistake ever. I found this new settings to work for both internet and mms combined. Follow this settings:

first make sure you are on a 3G or 4G data plan

Settings are as followed:

(any other fields not mentioned, leave blank)

Name: HSPA+
    APN: Phone
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    APN type: internet+mms

So far they have been working for me and I have noticed faster data speeds as well as I'm able to send and receive mms picture msg.
    jnew4333 likes this.

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    Carrier
    4.0.3/1.4.3/4.1.2

Default Re: GSII AT&T APN settings

Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    After have gone from a dumb plan back to the unlimited smartphone data, I'm so happy as I had comitted the biggest mistake ever. I found this new settings to work for both internet and mms combined. Follow this settings:

first make sure you are on a 3G or 4G data plan

Settings are as followed:

(any other fields not mentioned, leave blank)

Name: HSPA+
    APN: Phone
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    APN type: internet+mms

So far they have been working for me and I have noticed faster data speeds as well as I'm able to send and receive mms picture msg.
    i thought those settings only worked on the 4G plans. I have a 3G and have tried the APN Phone with no luck before.

I'll try your settings as well and see if it works, though it looks like just a slight variant of the other 4G only apn settings.

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    Carrier
    4.0.3/1.4.3/4.1.2

Yep, the Phone APN still doesn't work with a 3G smartphone plan.

Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS

How strange because for me they are working just fine and I have at&t and I believe I'm on the right 3G or perhaps I must be in the 4G plan and that's why they work. I have to call att and know exactly which plan I'm on now.

Carrier
    Omega 7.3 4.1.2 Stock

Cingular 410.wap is the MediaNet settings I am using. The "Phone" APN doesn;t work on Medianet plan but I am getting speeds just as fast as before and the handset is indicated 3G and H+. tried watching TV.com and its fine. No stuttering.

Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS

Do you think at&t is monitoring your data usage since you are on the media net plan? I would like to know how much data you are consuming on the media net unlimited plan monthly.
    tagle23 likes this.

Carrier
    Omega 7.3 4.1.2 Stock

Do you think at&t is monitoring your data usage since you are on the media net plan? I would like to know how much data you are consuming on the media net unlimited plan monthly.
    Well I was on the $15 200MB plan and used maybe 150mb...LOL I just don;t have to worry about it any more. I will probably use less than 2GB....in fact most of the time where I am WiFi is available.
    Im running 3G watchdog Pro..I will post what I am doing.

I doubt with 25 million or more phones out there they will monitor my use as long as they get paid. now if they run an IEMI sweep they won;t fing my device even though I gave them the IMEI number of the SGS II when I called to cancel my data plan because I "lost my Captivate" They offered me MediatNet. OF course I took it.

Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS

Thank you for sharing kingfrog, Im only holding out on the unlimited smartphone data plan b/c I have hopes that at&t will grandfather us into LTE when it goes live in many parts of the country and I'll get me by then an LTE device & can you imagine unlimited LTE on at&t

Carrier
    Omega 7.3 4.1.2 Stock

Thank you for sharing kingfrog, Im only holding out on the unlimited smartphone data plan b/c I have hopes that at&t will grandfather us into LTE when it goes live in many parts of the country and I'll get me by then an LTE device & can you imagine unlimited LTE on at&t
    Now THAT would be nice. I'd hold out of I was already on a Smartphone UL data plan. I just could not justify $300+ a year for slowpoke internet when I have Wifi at home and work. and seven miles between.

Yeah I would hold put another year or so until LTE if you are in a bigger pop area. Im in Myrtle Beach..Not the first in line...lol
    myscharnet likes this.

Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS

Yeah, Im in Miami, FL and I think Miami along with other metro areas will be the first recipients of the new at&t LTE network when it goes live.

I understand those $300 extra a year, but now that LTE is just in the vicinity in my view it is worth the wait.

Carrier
    Omega 7.3 4.1.2 Stock

Yeah, Im in Miami, FL and I think Miami along with other metro areas will be the first recipients of the new at&t LTE network when it goes live.

I understand those $300 extra a year, but now that LTE is just in the vicinity in my view it is worth the wait.
    YEah I fyou use the mobile data a lot, its worth it. I know people who don;t have cable or DSL and use their phones for Internet at home. In that case it's worth it. I am already paying $45 a month for up to 8MBPS at home. Don't need the phone's 1.5 MBPS. Work has WiFi I piggyback on as well.

Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS

Yeah I also have comcast for fast speed Internet at home I get like 30Mbps down and like 4Mbps up. On my Galaxy S2 I get average of 3Mbps down and 1.30 up.

If I don't get grandfathered into an LTE unlimited plan I'll just get a non smartphone data plan of $15/mo.

Sent from my GT-I9100
    agprime likes this.

Carrier
    VillainROM+Ninphetamine

Problem with that is how are you going to be grandfathered into something that they arent going to put into the system.
    There will only be tiered LTE plans in the system, an unlimited won't exist because they never had it

Whoa. Just used these setting's and 5mbps down. Fastest I had ever got before was about 3 mbps.

More hopefull that these setting help my data connectivity issues. Most morning's I have to force the connection by enabling and disabling airplane mode. This happens when I leave my house where the phone is connected to wifi.

Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS

Problem with that is how are you going to be grandfathered into something that they arent going to put into the system.
    There will only be tiered LTE plans in the system, an unlimited won't exist because they never had it
    Like I said I only have hopes, in the end only at&t will decide if they'll grandfather current UL smartphone data users into a LTE UL plan.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Carrier
    VillainROM+Ninphetamine

Like I said I only have hopes, in the end only at&t will decide if they'll grandfather current UL smartphone data users into a LTE UL plan.

Sent from my GT-I9100
    Well there has to be something to grandfather you into which there won't be. It'll be one of the ways to try and get people off of their unl data

Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS

Well I think it is an end game Elite, I just read on another forum that soon at&t will begin to throttle all unlimited data plans after a certain threashold.

Here is the link: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1200758

All good things must come to an end. Now I'm going in the non-smartphone $15/month data plan.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Carrier
    VillainROM+Ninphetamine

if they set it at 5gb i MIGHT be ok with that. i usually use about 4.3

Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS

Even tiered plans should be set at a limit of 5GB and it would be so much fare.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Carrier
    VillainROM+Ninphetamine

Even tiered plans should be set at a limit of 5GB and it would be so much fare.

Sent from my GT-I9100
    fare? we're talking about cell phone companies
    ~_~

Default Galaxy SII on less than HSPA+ ATT data

Hi all! Just got a galaxy s II from expansy and loving it. Only issue so far is data when H+ is not available. Phone can have full bars on regular 3g and data will not connect. This happens often when I'm indoors

Right now I'm on ATT with 2.3.3 gingerbread. Data plan is 4g/tethering

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    Carrier
    4.0.3/1.4.3/4.1.2

Default Re: Galaxy SII on less than HSPA+ ATT data

Have you looked through this thread yet:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-settings.html

Default Re: Galaxy SII on less than HSPA+ ATT data

Quote Originally Posted by D-Caf View Post
    Have you looked through this thread yet:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-settings.html
    Ive tried the fix posted in the sticky but no dice. Haven't read completely through the thread though so I'll check into it

Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS

Very strange, I hope you get this solved as the GSII (I bought mine too from expansysUSA) comes pre-installed with the media net APN settings when you put an at&t SIM. It should work everything (voice, data, sms and mms) as soon as you put in that AT&T SIM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast