Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default Is there a disadvantage to buying the European version?

I have never bought an unlocked phone before. Im currently with T Mobile, can I use the phone throught them? Or will I have to go to ATT? Thanks for any feedback.

628 Posts
    Global Posts
    630 Global Posts
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

It will only work on 2G (EDGE) with T Mobile USA. I also have T Mobile and am desperately waiting for this phone.

I think its a big advantage for buying unlocked version...
    1..No Carrier Bloatware
    2..Faster Updates...

This may be a touchy topic because what some see an advantage others might see as a disadvantage but it's nice to weigh out the options.

-local support from your actual carrier and more willingness to work with you if there's issues with service and device (I recently just received a MASSIVE discount towards any new device even though I am far from early upgrade, due to multiple swap-outs of my phone)
    -insurance on your device
    -depending on how the merger concludes you may see additional cell coverage through added bands and roaming
    -the look and feel of the phone may change (I.e. the 4 capacatative touch sensors that the U.S. is accustomed to)
    -upgraded features or additions to the stock user interface for those that don't root and modify. Example: the Optimus 2x vs the G2x added HSPA+, music player and stock "vanilla" u. I.
    -if there's issues that turn out to be hardware issues they are generally found and fixed by the time it rolls out over here
    -you can use an early upgrade if elligible and save money. Your personal option.

These are all the things I can think of at the moment