Mobile view

mylgt1

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Was wondering if the GS2 has the setting in the stock browser to turn off mobile view. So far I think it may just be an HTC thing and the Nexus S and Epic don't have it so I wonder if the G2S doesn't have it either. I thought about waiting for the Sprint version of this but if it doesn't have that setting I may just have to get the Evo 3d...

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if it does or not but there a lot of third party browsers that do. There is also the trick of typing about:debug in the browser window and opening browser settings to change the UA string. At least that works on the droid. That seems like an insignificant thing to steer away from a device but to each his own.

ohyeahar

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The GS2 doesn't have the option to toggle off mobile view in the stock browser. As mentioned, it's possible to get around this by changing the user agent string by going to about:useragent. But the change only applies to the current browser window. If you open a new one, that one will default to mobile view. So you have to change it every time which does get annoying.

For this very reason, I switched to using Dolphin Mini. I highly recommend it. The user agent string can be permanently changed and there's an option for full screen browsing (ie, hide the notification bar).

mylgt1

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll try it on a Nexus s when I'm at the Sprint store today to look at the Evo 3d... Decisions decisions!!! lol