Watch Galaxy S 2 recorded videos on PS3 via DLNA

Xoom fans

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Part I
DLNA of Samsung Galaxy S 2
From specification of Samsung Galaxy S 2, we know it supports DLNA function, and built-in AllShare application for this. But it can not works well. So I have to installed skifta application to replace AllShare. But fortunately the operation and implementation principles of the two apps are the same. After several attempts, I can skillfully use its DLNA function. Now just follow the step-to-step guide on how to use DLNA function to share picture, music and movies with your family, friends or colleague.

Step 1, Open your Samsung Galaxy S 2 and click on ?Setting? in the lower right corner of the screen.
dlna1.jpg

Step 2, Choose ?Wireless and network? to enter the setting interface.
dlna2.jpg

Step 3, Choose ?Wi-Fi Settings? and you can enter Wi-Fi setting interface. Just check ?Wi-Fi? and select Wi-Fi networks. Here you need to ensure that all DLNA-capable devices you want must be in one WiFi digital network. If necessary, entering a pass word for the network is needed.
dlna3.jpg

dlna4.jpg

Use skifta app to control and play videos, music or picture
Step 1, Click on ? Skifta? to run this program.
dlna5.jpg

dlna6.jpg

Step 2, Click on ?Choose a media source? to select media source from the lists.
dlna7.jpg

Step 3, Once the media source is selected, you could choose a player.
dlna8.jpg

dlna9.jpg

dlna10.jpg

Step 4, click on ?Browse and play media? to share photos, music or videos you want.
dlna11.jpg

dlna12.jpg

Now can Use DLNA Function of Samsung Galaxy S 2 can greatly help you share photos, music and videos with your family, friends or colleague.

Part II
Play Galaxy S 2 recorded videos on PS3 via DLNA
First of all, you need to know, PS3 as a player-side can only play its supported formats, such as MP4, AVI, DivX, h.264, MPEG-4, etc. Fortunately it can?t support 3GP formats. Galaxy S 2 recorded videos is 3GP format. So if you want to play Galaxy S 2 recorded videos on PS3, you must convert it.

I am using Foxreal Video Converter to convert Galaxy S 2 recorded 3GP videos for PS3
Load Galaxy S 2 recorded files into Foxreal Video Converter.
Select PS3 supported format. Click on ?Format < PSP/PS3 < PS3 Video(720P)MPEG-4(*.mp4)?, you can also choose profile "PS3 Video(480P)MPEG-4(*.mp4)"or"PS3 Video(1080P)MPEG-4(*.mp4)"
Last clicking the ?Convert? button on the converter, and transfer the videos to Galaxy S 2.

Make sure your Wi-Fi network is running. And confirm the PS3 to connect with your Galaxy S 2 is powered on, and connected to your Wi-Fi network.
On your Galaxy S 2, open your skifta application or AllShare app. just like Part I.
Choose a media source is samsung GT-I9100, choose a player is PS3, Browse and play media is the converted videos by Foxreal video conveter.
That's all you can watch Galaxy S 2 recorded videos on PS3 via DLNA