Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Default Re: What case are you using.

I am so sorry Mak916, just saw it !!! (dont know why there is no notification!)
    You can go to Classic Series Genuine Leather Case Samsung Galaxy S3 S3 SIII - Le nouveau
    They offer free shipping, and the speed is fast, I got my case within one week. Cool, right!?

Quote Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
    ---------- Post Merged at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Do you have a link for this case?
    Thanked by:
    mak916 

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigstomachking View Post
    I am so sorry Mak916, just saw it !!! (dont know why there is no notification!)
    You can go to Classic Series Genuine Leather Case Samsung Galaxy S3 S3 SIII - Le nouveau
    They offer free shipping, and the speed is fast, I got my case within one week. Cool, right!?
    Hi there, I'm looking for a leather case for my S3 too. So you've received your case yet? Is it perfectly fits the S3 without excess space?

Quote Originally Posted by superlazy View Post
    Hi there, I'm looking for a leather case for my S3 too. So you've received your case yet? Is it perfectly fits the S3 without excess space?
    Well. There are so many kinds of leather: PU, ultra slim, genuine. But, if you are looking for true, authentic, genuine leather. I can tell you, THIS IS THE ONE. IMHO. I have not seen similar or better quality from other cases yet. and yes, it fits my s3 perfectly

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Well. There are so many kinds of leather: PU, ultra slim, genuine. But, if you are looking for true, authentic, genuine leather. I can tell you, THIS IS THE ONE. IMHO. I have not seen similar or better quality from other cases yet. and yes, it fits my s3 perfectly
    Thanks! I really hate loose case, and the one you got is genuine leather? If yes, then the price is quite reasonable!

Thanks! I really hate loose case, and the one you got is genuine leather? If yes, then the price is quite reasonable!
    Hey man, cant you read? I said true, authentic, genuine leather.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Hey man, cant you read? I said true, authentic, genuine leather.
    Ha, sorry for keep asking same question as want to confirm, before I bought a "leather" case from ebay but you know, finally it's a PVC only! And costs US$40!
    So that's why I came to forum for further comments...

...Sorry for your experience on "leather" case.

I can give you my word that my le nouveau case is definitely made of genuine leather. LOL if you really want sth made of genuine leather, just go and order! That would be a good deal

- - - Updated - - -

Ha, sorry for keep asking same question as want to confirm, before I bought a "leather" case from ebay but you know, finally it's a PVC only! And costs US$40!
    So that's why I came to forum for further comments...

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by J Teezy View Post
    I'm thinking about trying that case out. Wish it had covers over the ports though
    In the 2 months + that I've been using the UAG case, I've yet to notice any problem due to no 'covers over the ports.'
    I carry my phone in my pocket a lot whilst I'm out & about, and to date, haven't yet seen any lint or whatever caught in either of the two (charging/data & headset/aux) open ports.
    As with all cases, a little bit of dust and/or lint occasionally collects around the inside edge of the display rim, but an occasional light blast with the compressed air gas can cleans that away, though I haven't needed to blast/clear the two ports.

Only down-side so far with the UAG is the slipperiness of the case exterior material which is slipperier than I expected it to be, from its matte-looking appearance in the pics. Haven't dropped it . . .yet; but almost did a couple times.

All in all, I'm still glad I went with it.

I got the Zenus Masstige Color Edge Diary Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 (Navy), and so far, I love it. Any concerns about its durability from someone who's had it a while?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Just ordered a UAG so will see how that compares to the Otterbox commuter

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

I originally had the puregear kickstand case and holster. Ended up selling it to a friend because I don't like the fact that the to and bottom edges of the phone were uncovered. (I broke my last android phone 3 times because I dropped it on the top corner. )

Just got the otterbox commuter case from amazon Monday. I really love it except for the fact that it's too slippery on the back.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it less slippery?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

I use no case at all. Instead I thread 4-pound test fishing line through the back cover slot and loop it around the battery. Then I attach a retractable badge reel to the fishing line. It keeps me from dropping the phone, or even leaving the phone somewhere. I posted a Youtube video under the title "retractable leash for mobile phone".

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by wokitsu View Post
    I use no case at all. Instead I thread 4-pound test fishing line through the back cover slot and loop it around the battery. Then I attach a retractable badge reel to the fishing line. It keeps me from dropping the phone, or even leaving the phone somewhere. I posted a Youtube video under the title "retractable leash for mobile phone".
    Wow! That is creative! I've got to go look for that!

Are you serious!?

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfTheWord View Post
    I originally had the puregear kickstand case and holster. Ended up selling it to a friend because I don't like the fact that the to and bottom edges of the phone were uncovered. (I broke my last android phone 3 times because I dropped it on the top corner. )

Just got the otterbox commuter case from amazon Monday. I really love it except for the fact that it's too slippery on the back.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it less slippery?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums
    Glue some sandpaper to it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Just bought a Vaja Agenda leather case in black and blue night. Not cheap but it will be worth it. I'll post some screenshots and videos once I have it.

I use a blue flip case on my phone, I hate screen protectors.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

Got a BodyGlove ToughSuit and like it pretty well. I was determined to find a protective case with a belt clip holster that allowed outward screen placement and after about 35 hours I finally did. Belt clip allows either screen inward or outward placement. On Christmas Day my GF's sister grabbed my phone from the belt clip to look at the case and caused it to bounce off her tile kitchen floor with zero damage. Only thing I'm not too crazy about is the built in screen protector leaves pressure point marks between the phone's screen and the inside of the case's screen protector. Probably will replace it with anti-fingerprint protectors when I get a chance. One thing they don't mention is the phone sits up in landscape position on a desk when in the belt clip holster. Overall, I'd definitely buy it again. And naturally it's cheaper on Amazon or ebay.

ToughSuit for Samsung Galaxy S3 - Black/Black - BodyGloveMobile.com

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Just received my urban Armor gear case to try out over my otterbox commuter. It seems ok. Not sure if I'm going to keep it. Somethings i like about it are that it has hard protection on the corners of the phone as when a drop occurs the phone usually hits on the corners first. Not as heavy as the OB Commuter and its slimmer, but this makes me question its protection ability in a drop. I like the little nubs on the backside of the case so when you rest it on something it raises it up slightly from the surface. what i don't like is that it doesn't have any covers over the ports. Since my phone is mainly kept in my pockets i like the dust flaps on the OB to keep lint out and other little pieces of debri that get in your pockets. It also feels slicker than the OB for holding onto it. The buttons are easier to push than the OB but my OB is broken in now and the buttons on it are much easier to press now than they were when i first got it.

For those of you who have the OB defender on your S3, I have a couple questions. How secure does the clip keep the S3 in the holster? Have you had any accidental discharges from the holster? Also without using the holster portion how easily does it fit say a pair of jeans front pocket. I'm thinking of trying the OB Defender but I'm curious how comfortable it is in a pocket as I wouldn't use it in the holster all the time. Also how easy is it to remove it from the holster?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by J Teezy; 01-03-2013 at 02:52 PM. Reason: adding

ROM
    TSBB 3.0.3/imo-5.1

UAG user here....great fit/look/protection w/o adding bulk.

Or just use sandpaper on it

I had a Seido Active X case for my Mesmerize that I liked a lot. I was considering one for my S3 but once I saw the Urban Armor Gear case at Amazon I went ahead and ordered it instead. I've had it for 3 weeks so far and for the most part I'm impressed with it. It seems as protective as the Seido case I had for my S1 and didn't add a whole lot of bulk to the phone (about 5mm thicker). I also love the design but I agree with some other posters that it is a bit on the slippery side.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

I got a uag to try. I think I like my OB commuter more though. The thing I liked about the uag was the corner bumpers but overall I feel the commuter will provide more drop protection. I'm afraid a drop in the uag could result in maybe the phone popping out

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    TSBB 3.0.3/imo-5.1

Really can't see the phone popping out. Mine fits in snug with the rubber overlapping the edge of the phone.

sent from a Galaxy S3 near you

Using the OB Defender. When I first took my S3 out. Of the box, I was amazed how light, slick and fragile it felt. Some people like that but I don't. The Defender adds some weight and bulk and it doesn't slide around on a smooth surface. This was my fiirst Otterbox and I am very happy with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 111213141516 LastLast