Finally found a case I love (pics) / Mini-review

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a legit Triobump before I had the S III in my hands after seeing pictures online. I liked the fact that it didn't hide the case, so you could see the color of the phone. After trying it out on a co-workers phone, I didn't like it. The buttons are hard to press and I had to use an exacto knife to cut away some ofthe plastic from the power button as sliding it into the Triobump would instantly turn the phone off as soon as I slide the phone into the case. It was pressing the power button. I also didn’t like that it added a budge to thephone making it a bit more difficult to pocket.

I bought about 12 other cases as they were cheap and I wanted to trydifferent styles. Red being my favorite it color, it was difficult finding a true red because the pictures displayed on eBay, Amazon, etc that claimed to be red, but ended up being more of a darker blood red in person.

I've attached a pictures of my current collection of cases (Triobump not pictured).

The winner is the iFace First Class Series TPU case. I purchased it from here: http://www.eforchina.com/v/111744 for $3.14 shipped. It’s $4.99 on eBay.

In the image, the iFace is shown being super flexible, but in person, it's very form fitting.

The issue I had with the CruzerLite is that it was not tight around the center of the phone. So, it had flex/play and the outer bezel around the phone was exposed. You can easily squeeze the case and it would flex.

This is not the case with the $3 iFace. The picture from the eForChina doesn't do it justice as it is a very clean, low profile and well designed product. It's also a true red! See my avatar to see why red is my favorite color. :) The phone is protected all around the front and rear without a cheap flexing feeling. It’s a piece of cake to remove for battery swappers.

The case ads almost no bulk to the phone, but will easily protect it from a drop on all for corners, back and even front since most of the cheaper "back cases" that only cover the rear don't provide protection to the top and bottom of the phone (like the black one and the clear one). I can easily slide my finger across the entire screen without bumping into the case preventing me from tapping or scrolling on the extreme ends of the screen.

I didn't end up using the other "back cases" because black would show finger prints, the clear one collected pocket lint and micro-scratches are extremely visible.

I only wish the iFace print wasn't on the back of the case. Other than that minor gripe, I love it.

I've ordered the other colors they have available; blue, yellow and black to change it up.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Reactions: jivegirl14

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you using a screen protector and is there a drop test video? Screen and drop protection trumps the bump any day. Good pics though.

bludgeon

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Just might try this then, thanks! Been wanting a case for a while now and I've even decided on getting a leather side flip which is also very nice but very very expensive, too $64!!! Just tired of having to put my s3 on any available soft/smooth thing to keep it from lying on its back or face on hard surface. LOL

Thanks again for sharing!

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Are you using a screen protector and is there a drop test video? Screen and drop protection trumps the bump any day. Good pics though.
No screen protector. I find them to be counter-productive since the S III has Gorilla Glass 2 which I tested at CES this past January. They also tend to every so slightly alter color and contrast production.

I also don't like how they feel on the phone. When the protector gets oily, it makes sliding across the screen slower and choppy.

I got to toss phones with GG2 into a makeshift basketball hoop that would fall and land in a bed of rocks. Awesome way to demo how much stronger GG2 is compared to their first version. My ASUS Transformer has Gorilla Glass (1) and the screen is flawless over a year later. I can safely use paper towels on the device which is typically a no-no because of the harder fibers found in paper towels.

Are you asking me if I am going to test my phone by dropping it? Pass! :)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The Defender comes with a screen protector that is non-adhesive and is just as responsive. With this case, there is no worry about drops. Not many cases can make that claim. If those cases work well for you, that's great. GG2 is not invulnerable and it depends on how the phone lands. The deep lip of the Defender will take more of the impact and reduce the likelihood of a cracker screen on a full face plant of the GS3.

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
The Defender comes with a screen protector that is non-adhesive and is just as responsive. With this case, there is no worry about drops. Not many cases can make that claim. If those cases work well for you, that's great. GG2 is not invulnerable and it depends on how the phone lands. The deep lip of the Defender will take more of the impact and reduce the likelihood of a cracker screen on a full face plant of the GS3.
I completely agree with all your statements.

However, when I tried out my buddies Defender, I found that it added too much bulk to the phone. I also found the colors on his displayed to have slightly less "punch" then my phone without a screen protector. It also was a bit harder to view the screen when outside, but not by much.

My objective was to find a case that would provide protection without turning it into a brick I have to carry in my pocket.

This thread wasn't really about finding the best case for dropping, but more of a happy-medium.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

Reactions: jivegirl14

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I completely agree with all your statements.

However, when I tried out my buddies Defender, I found that it added too much bulk to the phone. I also found the colors on his displayed to have slightly less "punch" then my phone without a screen protector. It also was a bit harder to view the screen when outside, but not by much.

My objective was to find a case that would provide protection without turning it into a brick I have to carry in my pocket.

This thread wasn't really about finding the best case for dropping, but more of a happy-medium.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

Sounds like that Acase would be perfect for you!

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like that Acase would be perfect for you!
I tried an Acase (I actually have one on my Transformer), but the color options were limited. I also found it to be a fingerprint magnet. Even more so than the cheap "back cover" cases. It also added more bulk than the cheap iFace.

Remember, these are just my personal views and by no means are "right" ones. I just wanted to share my two cents.

Ascetics are important to me, too. I like the nice red color. :)

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I tried an Acase (I actually have one on my Transformer), but the color options were limited. I also found it to be a fingerprint magnet. Even more so than the cheap "back cover" cases. It also added more bulk than the cheap iFace.

Remember, these are just my personal views and by no means are "right" ones. I just wanted to share my two cents.

Ascetics are important to me, too. I like the nice red color. :)

I really don't feel that the Acase adds much bulk at all! If anything, its just right for me. Well, we all have our own distinct tastes I guess. Function over form in my case (pun not intended but should of been, lol!).

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I really don't feel that the Acase adds much bulk at all! If anything, its just right for me. Well, we all have our own distinct tastes I guess. Function over form in my case (pun not intended but should of been, lol!).
We all do have our distinct tastes.

There is no magic case that will suit everybody's needs.

For me, it's red, protection, minimal bulk. :)

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
We all do have our distinct tastes.

There is no magic case that will suit everybody's needs.

For me, it's red, protection, minimal bulk. :)

Two questions:
Is there much grip or traction on the case?
How long did it take for you to get the case?
Thanks

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Two questions:
Is there much grip or traction on the case?
How long did it take for you to get the case?
Thanks
Excellent grip on the top, bottom and sides. Not so much on the back since it's glossy.

It took 12 business days to arrive from China.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
do u really think theyl deliver to scotland for that price? nothing to lose i guess lol. i fancy a couple of the silicone ones. il order a couple on Wed when theres ?s in bank :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante