iSkin Aura case mini review and pics

anon(862554)

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I finally got the case in the other day and slapped it on. I was looking for a low profile case that looked good and this brushed aluminum one caught my eye. A little pricey but the blue color was really appealing (Go Bears!). The case came with a bonus box with 3 screen protectors. Considering I had already bought 3 when I got the phone, I have enough screen protectors to last me awhile.

Here's the other stuff that came with it...a couple wet wipes, cloth, microfiber wipe, and some stickers
7653863900_0d5e780871_c.jpg

here's the S3 with the case on:
7653863332_8cfa943e97.jpg

here's the back...pic doesnt do justice to the color
7653862456_a9e2b99c84.jpg

here's a pic of the bottom. you can see how low profile it is with barely any lip going over the top
7653862010_edba2765f6.jpg

here's a pic of the top:
7653861556_732edf77bd.jpg

All in all I'm pretty satisfied. It looks really sharp and not like a cheapie plastic case. I'm not sure how much protection it provides in terms of if I dropped the phone. The sides are rubberized but not too sticky so there's no hang up when I slip it in and out of my pocket. One gripe I had was when you put it on, you angle it into one side first and then slip the opposite side over until it snaps on. The fitting is so exact that you really have to push it in to 'snap'. I had to press pretty hard on the screen and in the end there's an ever so slight uneven cover. By this I mean it looks like one side covers the phone a tiny bit more than the other. Not a big deal but I tend to be a bit anal about these things.

Let me know if you have any questions.

--Rel--

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks alot bro, im expecting to get the s3 soon and of all s3 cases i narowed it dont to 2 companies- iskin and incipio, however iskin is more stylin. There are no revies of the aura for the s3 on the internet so thanks for putting this up. Question- should i get the pebble blue or marble white s3 if im gona get this blue/black aura?

anon(862554)

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
This case covers up alot of the phone so I don't think the actual color of the phone is going to matter much. I think for the little that is exposed though, the white will stand out more

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I finally got the case in the other day and slapped it on. I was looking for a low profile case that looked good and this brushed aluminum one caught my eye. A little pricey but the blue color was really appealing (Go Bears!). The case came with a bonus box with 3 screen protectors. Considering I had already bought 3 when I got the phone, I have enough screen protectors to last me awhile.

Here's the other stuff that came with it...a couple wet wipes, cloth, microfiber wipe, and some stickers
Click to view quoted image

here's a pic of the bottom. you can see how low profile it is with barely any lip going over the top

here's a pic of the top:

All in all I'm pretty satisfied. It looks really sharp and not like a cheapie plastic case. I'm not sure how much protection it provides in terms of if I dropped the phone. The sides are rubberized but not too sticky so there's no hang up when I slip it in and out of my pocket. One gripe I had was when you put it on, you angle it into one side first and then slip the opposite side over until it snaps on. The fitting is so exact that you really have to push it in to 'snap'. I had to press pretty hard on the screen and in the end there's an ever so slight uneven cover. By this I mean it looks like one side covers the phone a tiny bit more than the other. Not a big deal but I tend to be a bit anal about these things.

In the second pic down how did you get an unread mail counter on the lockscreen. I could swear I've seen that before but can't recall how it's done.

anon(862554)

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
In the second pic down how did you get an unread mail counter on the lockscreen. I could swear I've seen that before but can't recall how it's done.

That's actually a text message notification. I can't remember doing anything special to make it show up. Perhaps because I have the text message app shortcut on my lock screen?

Reactions: ansextra

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
That's actually a text message notification. I can't remember doing anything special to make it show up. Perhaps because I have the text message app shortcut on my lock screen?
Hmmm.... That could be it. I started using SMS Popup as I like it better for most things so the actual text app doesn't give notifications any more. That's probably it. Thanks! :)

socialillz

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

That's the text message counter on the lock screen

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
So tell me, after beeing with your new case for some days now, do you still like it? What about the screen protector, is it any good? It?s a hard case so besides not protecting from a top or bottom fall, it is not the best for droping it, yeah? And the little lip it has, does it protect the screen?
I just ordered this TPU case

BoxWave Samsung Galaxy S3 DuoSuit (Jet Black)
BoxWave Samsung Galaxy S3 DuoSuit - Slim-Fit Ultra Durable Galaxy S III TPU Case with Stylish "S" Design on Back - Samsung Galaxy S3 Cases and Covers (Jet Black): Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

but I was also looking for a hard case that was blue, like my phone, and something more stilish and this seems to be it but if it offers almost no protection if I drop my phone I will think twice.

Thanks for ur input. :)

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

here's a pic of the top:

You know, it's funny that you mention that one side seems to be more flush than the other. I recently returned a Casemate Barely there case because of that exact same thing, I thought it was a default in the case, and because it was a hard case if you pushed a bit firmly on the corner that was the lowest the case would pop off.....They are sending me a second one. Hopefully this isn't a common issue with these sorts of cases...

Rudething

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I found this thread because I just received this case in the mail and noticed the same thing with the way it fits. I searched out looking for someone with the same experience, I was wondering if I got a bad case or I was just being to anal. :) I have put it on several times with the same results. I angle the left side in and snap on the right as indicated by the instructions but when running my finger along the edge the entire right edge sits lower and when looking at it I can see a thin light blue line where I don't see it on the other side. Are these the same results you are having?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci