Motorola charger fits Galaxy Slll

gcwj

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is news, but I was surprised to find that my Motorola Atrix 4G charger fits and charges my Galaxy S3 (International version). Use it every day! Saved me having to buy an extra charger! Anyone else know this?

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes.

Both use micro USB to charge with. I believe any micro USB charger should work.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Yes. And now for some history:

As of 14 June 2007, all new mobile phones applying for a license in China are required to be able to use a USB port as a power port for battery charging.

In September 2007, the Open Mobile Terminal Platform group (a forum of mobile network operators and manufacturers such as Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, Sony Ericsson and LG) announced that its members had agreed on micro-USB as the future common connector for mobile devices.

On 17 February 2009, the GSM Association (GSMA) announced that they had agreed on a standard charger for mobile phones. The standard connector to be adopted by manufacturers including Nokia, Motorola and Samsung is to be the micro-USB connector (several media reports erroneously reported this as the mini-USB). The new chargers will be much more efficient than existing chargers. Having a standard charger for all phones means that manufacturers will no longer have to supply a charger with every new phone. The basis of the GSMA's Universal Charging Solution (UCS) is the technical recommendation from OMTP and the USB-IF battery charging standard.

On 22 April 2009, this was further endorsed by the CTIA – The Wireless Association.[56]

On 22 October 2009, the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) announced that it had embraced the Universal Charging Solution as its "energy-efficient one-charger-fits-all new mobile phone solution", and added: "Based on the Micro-USB interface, UCS chargers will also include a 4-star or higher efficiency rating—up to three times more energy-efficient than an unrated charger".

In June 2009, many of the world's largest mobile phone manufacturers signed an EC-sponsored Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), agreeing to make most data-enabled mobile phones marketed in the European Union compatible with a common External Power Supply (EPS). The EU's common EPS specification (EN 62684:2010) references the USB Battery Charging standard and is similar to the GSMA/OMTP and Chinese charging solutions.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes. And now for some history:

As of 14 June 2007, all new mobile phones applying for a license in China are required to be able to use a USB port as a power port for battery charging.

In September 2007, the Open Mobile Terminal Platform group (a forum of mobile network operators and manufacturers such as Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, Sony Ericsson and LG) announced that its members had agreed on micro-USB as the future common connector for mobile devices.

On 17 February 2009, the GSM Association (GSMA) announced that they had agreed on a standard charger for mobile phones. The standard connector to be adopted by manufacturers including Nokia, Motorola and Samsung is to be the micro-USB connector (several media reports erroneously reported this as the mini-USB). The new chargers will be much more efficient than existing chargers. Having a standard charger for all phones means that manufacturers will no longer have to supply a charger with every new phone. The basis of the GSMA's Universal Charging Solution (UCS) is the technical recommendation from OMTP and the USB-IF battery charging standard.

On 22 April 2009, this was further endorsed by the CTIA ? The Wireless Association.[56]

On 22 October 2009, the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) announced that it had embraced the Universal Charging Solution as its "energy-efficient one-charger-fits-all new mobile phone solution", and added: "Based on the Micro-USB interface, UCS chargers will also include a 4-star or higher efficiency rating?up to three times more energy-efficient than an unrated charger".

In June 2009, many of the world's largest mobile phone manufacturers signed an EC-sponsored Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), agreeing to make most data-enabled mobile phones marketed in the European Union compatible with a common External Power Supply (EPS). The EU's common EPS specification (EN 62684:2010) references the USB Battery Charging standard and is similar to the GSMA/OMTP and Chinese charging solutions.

Will any of this be on the final exam? Just kidding. Good info.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
the way i see it its funny coz whoevers house i end up waking up in, theres always a charger for my phone to ring a taxi and escape but the poor isheep wakes up with a dead phone and has to walk :p

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used my samsung charger yet, still on my trustee blackberry charger (it's flatter against the wall) and my PC USB port.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
blackberry chargers are great man, im on one just now. dont know about US but in UK they dont have the detatchable usb-micro usb cable, theyr more flexible, and longer than most android chargers so theyr really good for when u use ur phone while its charging. Amazon Kindle chargers are also great for your android :)

anon(862554)

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is news, but I was surprised to find that my Motorola Atrix 4G charger fits and charges my Galaxy S3 (International version). Use it every day! Saved me having to buy an extra charger! Anyone else know this?

Can you post a link please? I have a Motorola Atrix 4g as well (it's my work cell phone). Also do you know if this works with the Verizon version of the S3? Thanks.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Can you post a link please? I have a Motorola Atrix 4g as well (it's my work cell phone). Also do you know if this works with the Verizon version of the S3? Thanks.

No harm but of you read, you would see that all new phones have a standard charging port.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: anon(862554)

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
It saves me from haveing to carry my charger. From haveing so many phones i have like 20 chargers all through out the house, cars, and work

Sent from my Galaxy SIII on Ultimatum Rom and OC using Red Xparent Tapatalk 2