Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Default Re: Best Galaxy S3 Screen Protector - Customization the Key

Quote Originally Posted by badelhas View Post
    Thanks again for the info. Where do we check the hardness?
    So do you recommend the ultra or the glas opposed to the curved crystal, correct? Is the touch feel also good and do they cover all of the glass, as the curved crystal ?
    I was pretty hopeful for the glas from spigen. Saw amazon reviews, many people complained saying the responsiveness was significantly reduced. As for finding it, at least with spigen they advertise the thickness on most of their stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Amazing review. Thank you!

Well, I got the Ultra Crystal today. I wasted the first one because it got a bunch of lint under it. After that I turned on the shower and let it run for a minute to kill the lint in the air and then I put on the second one. It feels great, nice and smooth, just as soon as you wipe of the residue from the protective sheet. My only gripe right now is that it just barely fits over the screen width wise, so it took me a few chances to get it on there just right. The cut outs are perfect and the sensitivity is perfect. I tried to touch it as lightly as I could and it still registered the lightest touch I could muster. I don't have any pics sense my phone is my camera, but there are plenty of reviews online about it.

The Diztronic tpu case I use doesn't come close to interfering with it either.

Edit: The OB Commuter case also still fits without causing the edges to peel up as well.
    Last edited by archer23; 09-18-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by archer23 View Post
    Well, I got the Ultra Crystal today. I wasted the first one because it got a bunch of lint under it. After that I turned on the shower and let it run for a minute to kill the lint in the air and then I put on the second one. It feels great, nice and smooth, just as soon as you wipe of the residue from the protective sheet. My only gripe right now is that it just barely fits over the screen width wise, so it took me a few chances to get it on there just right. The cut outs are perfect and the sensitivity is perfect. I tried to touch it as lightly as I could and it still registered the lightest touch I could muster. I don't have any pics sense my phone is my camera, but there are plenty of reviews online about it.

The Diztronic tpu case I use doesn't come close to interfering with it either.
    Nice. I have these on order as they seem to be the highest rated. I have never done the shower trick despite having installed/removed/reused tons of screen protectors over the years, but I might give it a go when these come in. I like that the sensitivity is still top notch with the protector on. Also I heard there are no "oil circles" like I currently have with the verizon protector (junk).
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 jelly bean

Are you saying that it also gets scratches easily, in spite of being harder than the curved crystal?

Quote Originally Posted by Bond32 View Post
    Nice. I have these on order as they seem to be the highest rated. I have never done the shower trick despite having installed/removed/reused tons of screen protectors over the years, but I might give it a go when these come in. I like that the sensitivity is still top notch with the protector on. Also I heard there are no "oil circles" like I currently have with the verizon protector (junk).
    I definitely still have oil and finger smudges, but that doesn't really bother me much. Just a quick wipe on my t shirt and its clean.
    Banned

Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Lithium

The shower trick is always best if you really want to make sure no lint gets on it. I have not done it that way personally because if I mess up I just put another on (owning the company has some perks).

I would always keep some scotch tape around because you can use it to get the lint off should that happen.

We recently re-wrote the instructions if anyone is interested here they are removed by moderator

Scott

---------- Post Merged at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Are you saying that it also gets scratches easily, in spite of being harder than the curved crystal?
    I don't know if this is directed at me but all screen protectors will scratch easier than the glass. The point is that the screen protector get the scratch not the glass.

Ours can get what I call micro scratches which are scratches you can see with the phone off but not on. You cannot feel them either. I have taken a ballpoint pen to mine and dropped it and thats the worst I get.

We recently put up an abuse test video
    removed by moderator
    Last edited by Cyber Warrior; 09-24-2012 at 02:09 AM.

ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 jelly bean

How could this be directed to you if I was asking for a comparison between spigen ultra Crystal and spigen curved crystal?! And of course you knew that. Even though your last posts were erase by the moderators you continue to use this thread for self promotion and advertising. Get a grip, mate.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

How could this be directed to you if I was asking for a comparison between spigen ultra Crystal and spigen curved crystal?! And of course you knew that. Even though your last posts were erase by the moderators you continue to use this thread for self promotion and advertising. Get a grip, mate.
    Seems the general idea is the nano series is the most thin giving you a feel similar to not having a screen protector. Seems the later has an orange peel effect. Personally I don't like that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 jelly bean

I found this guy doing the same in other forums. It's incredible. Does this kind of cheap promotion really work?

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

tough crowd lol

I know this is an old thread, but I'm wondering about the need for a screen protector for the S3. Doesn't this phone have Gorilla Glass? Is a screen protector really necessary if you're not the type who throws your phone around, or puts your phone in the same pocket with your diamond ring?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

I would find it hard to imagine a better screen protector for the GS3 then this one; it seems almost bullet-proof to me, and compared to all previous sp's I've had on various iPhones, it's by far the best I've seen. Not a fingerprint magnet at all; not the slightest hint of any edge roll-up; and moreover, you can hardly tell it's on the GS3 !!!

Found it at our local AT&T (authorized dealer) store; looks like an AT&T store, but not a corporate store:

Brand: MYBAT
    * front of package: Twin Pack - Package Included: 2 Protector Films - 1 Cleaning Cloth
    * front of package: SAM-L710 (Galaxy S3) - Galaxy S3
    * rear of package SKU & barcode: SAMSIILCDSCPRTW (barcode) 885126030403
    * $9.99

Not recommending the MYBAT. I've never used one, and no nothing about it. But you can get a two-pack for $3.40 from Amazon:

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector - Mybat 2-pack: Cell Phones & Accessories
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

I just received an Otterbox Commuter case that comes with a screen protector. However, when installing, the stickers wouldn't come off, so lots of icky adhesive was left behind. I even tried Goo Gone to no avail. I had to throw both shields away. I've heard good reviews about the Spigen Curved Crystal Screen Protector, so I may try it. I was just wondering if the curved protector would fit OK around the edges in the silicone portion of the Otterbox. You kind of have to jam your phone into it carefully. In other words, it's a tight, snug fit. Can anyone advise? Thanks!

already got a mediadevil crystal clear and I must admint I'm not satisfied

1. as already pointed in this thread it doesn't cover entirely the capacitive buttons giving a funny feeling using them
    2. the response of the screen is worsen (not too much but you can feel the difference)
    3. due to the dry installation it was quite difficult to put it perfectly centered (I still think the home button is not fully exposed due to my incompetence not to an imperfect cut of the film)

that's why I'm thinking to switch back to wet film and I cannot make a decision between bodyguardz and zagg
    I have excluded spg curved since AFAIK the border lift up after some time (expecially if you use a pouch)

so any clue what should I prefer between BG and zagg (the review about BG from OP is not so good, but he didn't test zagg)
    any hint of a good wet film apart from BG and zagg?

I purchased the "new" Zagg Invisible Shield HD. I'm surprised there's no mention of this new glass like protection from Zagg. A little pricey, but well worth the investment in my opinion.

Hi from me,
    I've been using cheap screen protectors, but I got tired of replacing them all the time, they get too many scratches, too soon. My question has to do with the "full face" screen protectors and those that leave 2 or 3 mm of gap around the screen.
    Isn't it good to have this gap, if we have a case? Most of us use a screen protector along with a case. Most cases hug the back, the sides and just a little portion of the front. If the screen protector covers the whole face, then won't it compromise the fit of the case? Maybe the screen protector will get peeled off?

Thanks for the information. As I am having samsung s3 and i really need to protect the screen from scratches and dust particles.

Does anyone know where I could get a Speigen Ultra Crystal screen protector these days? I've tried links posted in the thread in 2012, but they no longer work, and the product isn't listed on the company's website anymore. If anyone could point me to any legitimate sellers on amazon or ebay that would be great!

Also any thoughts on the Xgear Spectre Tempered Glass Screen Protector:
    or Zagg's HD Invisible Shield:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123