Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Quote Originally Posted by prodigal27 View Post
    If you plug the cable that plugs into the back of the dock directly into the phone, does it still launch S-Voice? I don't think it would but I'm a bit curious if it's just a simple Y adapter that goes into a programmed dock.

Would you mind testing this for me? It might be worth it for me to buy the dock just for the cable.
    No, if you use the 9ft cord, it does not launch S Voice. But, I don't want to not use the dock part, as I like everything functioning as intended.

I downloaded car home ultra, and that took care of the issue. Now when docked, CHU launches instead of S voice.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

Quote Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
    No, if you use the 9ft cord, it does not launch S Voice. But, I don't want to not use the dock part, as I like everything functioning as intended.

I downloaded car home ultra, and that took care of the issue. Now when docked, CHU launches instead of S voice.

That's the way I have things set up with my current Infuse. I'm waiting for my replacement iBolt. Hopefully it shows up by early next week. It didn't work but I can tell I'll like it much more than my Infuse and company support was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    That's the way I have things set up with my current Infuse. I'm waiting for my replacement iBolt. Hopefully it shows up by early next week. It didn't work but I can tell I'll like it much more than my Infuse and company support was excellent.
    How did they send it? They 2nd day aired to me, came today. Works fine, but so did my last one for a day or 2. I'm hoping this one lasts, because I like it.

They told me they were sending it Priority Mail. Supposedly sent yesterday. If so I should get it by early next week the latest.

My Ibolt works good but sometimes when a call comes in and I answer with my bluetooth headset the audio comes through the phone. This never happened with the Infuse dock. It's great to be able to leave the case on and that's the main reason I got it.

I just received my replacement and it seems to be working fine. Everything initialized just as it did with the Infuse dock. My car has bluetooth built in so I don't expect any issues with that but I haven't tried it yet. I am using Car Home Ultra paid version.
    Last edited by ansextra; 08-11-2012 at 10:41 AM.

Is the USB cable a charge only cable?
    Many car chargers put out the iPhone protocol and not the standard USB protocol.
    I have some of both and only the non-iPhone chargers work without a special cable.
    It is all about how they handle the two middle data pins.

Quote Originally Posted by JD Racer Dad View Post
    Many car chargers put out the iPhone protocol and not the standard USB protocol.
    I have some of both and only the non-iPhone chargers work without a special cable.
    There's 2 cables. The 9ft cord that connects your car to the dock and the usb cable that connects the dock to the phone.

The 9ft one is a usb + audio jack.

Not really sure what else you mean? If you bypass the dock and attach the 9ft cord directly, it charges and plays audio, but does not automatically launch dock mode

I can tell you that even with a standard car charger cable the dock initializes into Car Home Ultra when I plug the phone in. I don't have an AUX input in my car so am not using the cable that came with the dock. It's weird that I don't have an AUX input but I do have an SD card and a jack in my glovebox for my old iPod Nano so I don't really need yet another music source anyway...

Global Posts
    788 Global Posts

Just bought one. I REALLY miss the car mount from my Droid X days.
    Looks like a great product. I will post my thoughts on it after a few days.

The biggest thing I miss about my X's dock is that it made all the connections just be putting the phone in the dock. This one, though, you still have to plug the little cable in. Not a big deal, though. Just an extra step that I didn't have before.

Quote Originally Posted by JD Racer Dad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozak View Post

Not really sure what else you mean? If you bypass the dock and attach the 9ft cord directly, it charges and plays audio, but does not automatically launch dock mode

I think he is referring to whether or not the phone will draw more than 0.5A for charging with the included cable. The USB power spec calls for the data pins to be shorted together to tell the device that it can draw up to 1.5A vs the normal USB max of 0.5A. Since in this instance the data pins are being used to send the left and right audio channels I would assume that the phone won't see that as a short, and will self-limit to drawing 0.5A. And I do not believe any hackery like those "charging adapters" or cracking open a cigarette lighter adapter and shorting the pins internally is going to change that since the data pins are not passed to the USB port on the other end of the cable.

Edit: I did see some articles on xda developers about the Galaxy Tab 10.1 having a kernal available that could enable the higher rate of charging in software, not sure if that is possible on these phones

Uh oh,

Everything was fine for quite a while and now when I plug the power into my dock, the left side of audio goes out (using aux). When I don't plug the power in, everything is fine.

In addition to that, when the power is plugged in, it makes a noise like static that is super annoying. I really like this dock but it's causing problems. now
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Highbloodsugar, answers to the two concerns you have:
    1. The Dock came with a couple of foam pads. If you install them in the corners of the channel (as per user manual) you should not have any issues with the on/off button being pressed down. If you can't find them, fill out the form under "Contact Us" on page and we'll mail you a couple of new foam pads today. The suggestion with a cut off is implemented and will be available soon but the foam pads do work well if installed!

2. With regards to background "hissing noise" I have experienced this myself on one car we tested but it turned out that the USB port was not isolating enough. Please plug in the USB cord into a car charger with a USB port on it and try this to see if the background noise is gone? With regards to cable, please note this on the above mentioned contact form and we'll get a new one in the mail to you for testing.

Thanks for buying iBOLT!

I'll try buying another USB to lighter power adapter to see if that helps. I wish that you guys had one that you had tested and approved of in the package to eliminate this as an issue.

I am in the same boat. Audio out was nice and clean for the first 3 days, then this morning on my way to work it was all "hissing" which is really annoying listening to an audio book.

I hope that is all it takes, a "better" USB adapter. Maybe unplug everything and reconnect it all.

I am having a problem with getting my call audio to come through the speakers. My car does not have bluetooth and i don't have a blue tooth device for my calls. Is there a setting that I am missing or is this not possible? I am able to get Rhapsody and other audio to work, just not the calls
    Last edited by bryanbcorny; 08-13-2012 at 04:41 PM.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Byanbcorny, fundamentally you have to use a Bluetooth headset, or some kind of Bluetooth device in order for everything to work as intended. Connecting a hands-free device not only means that you can hear the caller in the headset or speaker of your BT device, but more importantly, the microphone is "routed" to such hands-free device and this means the other party can hear you well.

Without a BT hands-free device you are using the microphone in the handset (phone), which is mostly not ideally placed while driving, nor is is designed by Samsung (or any OEM) to remove background noise and echo. All good hands-free devices are relying on some sort of "DSP" (Digital Signal Processor) for removing the background road noise and also minimize echo, that is why the phone itself is only good to use as a speaker phone during low speeds, when holding it near your mouth and/or in very quiet cars.

We will arrange some additional testing this week with the scenario you are describing where you have AUX-in on the car stereo but you want to use the S III handset speaker for phone calls. Since we have always believed everyone (?) is using a Bluetooth device/system for hands-free we need 1-2 days to check this out and revert back... Thanks!
    Last edited by MikaelPe; 08-13-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TBarb169 View Post
    I am in the same boat. Audio out was nice and clean for the first 3 days, then this morning on my way to work it was all "hissing" which is really annoying listening to an audio book.

I hope that is all it takes, a "better" USB adapter. Maybe unplug everything and reconnect it all.
    What USB adapter did you use? I am going to buy the Verizon one today and see if that is better..... I've tried two so far but both were inexpensive. I guess there may be a difference.

Anyone else find that if you're running the gps with the screen on all the time, that the phone doesn't really charge? The phone shows it's charging, but it's almost as if the screen and gps and internet connectivity are such a drain that it basically just maintains. My battery went up about 5% after being plugged in for an hour. It's not losing, so that's a good thing, But it would be nice if you had a fresh charge when you were done with your road trip.

Typically you'll find that with GPS and screen on, you will lose some power so it's good for you that you actually gained. I see maintain or just a little drop but maybe that's because I play MP3s as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Neotravy View Post
    What USB adapter did you use? I am going to buy the Verizon one today and see if that is better..... I've tried two so far but both were inexpensive. I guess there may be a difference.
    I don't know what brand usb adapter i have, but from what I have read, it sounds like I need: Kensington Noise Reducing Car Audio AUX Cable for MP3 or SmartPhone (see amazon.com). costs about $12.

I don't know what brand usb adapter i have, but from what I have read, it sounds like I need: Kensington Noise Reducing Car Audio AUX Cable for MP3 or SmartPhone (see amazon.com). costs about $12.

Just bought the Verizon power adapter and still have the same problem.

This is REALLY disappointing. I'll be taking it back for a return tonight. I'm not sure why it would work for several days and then all of the sudden, it doesn't.

TBarb,

You shouldn't have to buy anything additional to make it work. It should work because that's what you paid for.

[QUOTE\]TBarb,

You shouldn't have to buy anything additional to make it work. It should work because that's what you paid for.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but it may have more to do with the vehicle and less to do with the dock. That is the feeling i got reading other posts on the issue (from a variety of devices).

Not sure why it would be fine and then all of a sudden it is not though. I could see if it was that way from day one, but after a few makes me wonder...could something have come apart on the inside?

Inside of what? The actual dock is just 2 different cables. It works fine if you DON'T plug in the USB/AC so I would think it has something to do specifically with that.

Yeah, the first 3 days or so it was perfect. The last day or 2 it has degraded. I'm not the only one this has happened to.

It really sucks because I really like the Dock.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast