Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 224
Like Tree6Likes
  1. #101  
    mssca's Avatar

    Posts
    243 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Do you guys have plan to make a unit like this with wireless charging? I know S III comes with support for wireless charging.
  2. #102  
    Jkjones1's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    When I am using my dock, I get a lot of noise when listening to music. I have an old line filter i am using but that doesn't seem to be working too well. Any thoughts? Could it be that the cable itself is defective? I have confirmed the noise only occurs when it is connected to power.

    Thanks.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  3. #103  
    BMIC50's Avatar

    Posts
    293 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Quote Originally Posted by Jkjones1 View Post
    When I am using my dock, I get a lot of noise when listening to music. I have an old line filter i am using but that doesn't seem to be working too well. Any thoughts? Could it be that the cable itself is defective? I have confirmed the noise only occurs when it is connected to power.

    Thanks.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I also realized this sound and i have a ground loop isolater. I haven't tried troubleshooting yet but I don't believe that it's related to interference from the alternator because it doesn't seem to increase or decrease with the engine speed.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue
  4. #104  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    IN RESPONSE TO THE POWER DRAIN

    Or on the S3, just turn on power saving mode. Usually when I drive, I will have GPS on, Bluetooth on, and Mobile Hotspot for my iPad. It charges fine unless I am in yellow powerbar status. If I turn off the Mobile hotspot then it works fine.
    Last edited by Lupismaximus; 09-27-2012 at 02:46 PM.
  5. #105  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Hello all. I have been following this thread since day one and release of this product. It seems to be the most Active in regards to the S3 iBolt Dock. Like many of you, I also had a DroidX with the dock that I used in a very similar fashion to this dock, but always had to plug in the power and 3.5 audio separately. I used Vlingo for the S voice function and honestly, it worked the same as my now new S3 and this dock. Problems, the phone didn't have the power to support all functions and would crap out on me constantly.

    Now with the S3, it is indeed powerful enough and with the iBOLT dock, I can integrate it into my Range Rover Sport without altering anything in the car. I also purchased my iBolt through Verizon, due to my corporate discounts. With that said, I use Care Home Ultra, which is a GREAT product compared to what has been on the market for the past three years. It does what the original Android card dock app was supposed to do.

    I use a Jawbone ERA headset (My '09 RRS BT is horrid), connected only for phone calls, and I have the audio go out of the MHL microUSB, so I can play it through my car speakers. The set up works great, and only occasionally it fumbles when transferring from a music audio stream to phone call, or email notification coming in. When driving I always listen to Slacker or Pandora, and occasionally respond to texts via voice prompting over the BT. I use Svoice for calling folks or opening programs, and it works most of the time, very similar to Vlingo.

    Like almost all users here on this forum, the product worked great in the beginning. Everything was bliss. After a week of use, the dreaded hiss started in the background, which has now gotten to a VERY loud and annoying state. Like another user said, I thought it was my phone. Due to other issues, I have a new S3 and the same problems occur. I then concluded it must be the dock and the microUSB MHL connection. I then replaced the dock with a new one, but unfortunately I still get a hiss. As a reference I have tried two different USB cigarette lighter chargers (Griffen Duo Powerbolt charger and another generic1 Amp USB charger), and they both produce the same result.

    As many of you know, it doesn't really matter if you listen to loud Top 40 POP music due to the music drowning out the hiss. If you listen to an audio book, news, or any music like Jazz, Classical, etc., then it is show stopper.

    I have had the dock for over a month, so I am stuck with it. I don't mind because I love the function of the dock. After thinking about it, it seems like there is a very simple fix, but will cost iBOLT some money. The fix would be to put some shielding on the audio cable so the USB power cable doesn't cause the line static, due to electromagnetic interference. This is basic Cabling 101, when it comes to audio signals, thus why you see most home theater cables with some sort of shielding. I would bet money that iBOLT didn't do this to save money. I don't know how much the double connection (Connection to your audio out port, and the connection between the ingress microUSB and the MHL usb that connects to the phone) would also cause the static. I would assume some, and I fear that this will much harder to replace. I am tempted to take the 9 foot cable, cut it open and shield the audio cable myself, and then shirk wrap it back up. I don't have the time to do this right now, so maybe the iBOLT rep can help me out and send me a cable with such a mod in place.

    I am in full support of your product and will use it to the max of its capabilities. I use my S3 in such a manner, and depend on both products daily. Please be a responsible company and get ahead of this problem, before Verizon and other resellers stop carrying your product due to all the returns they start receiving. I look forward towards your response and thoughts. Thank you all for reading my post.

    Although I am a Die hard Android phone fan, I do feel the BIG APPLE does a couple things right. They are no longer an INNOVATIVE company like Google (They stopped with the MAC and MACOS/IOS, regardless what the courts say), but the thing that they do correctly is the provide a easy to use product and GREAT customer support.

    I feel your iBOLT dock is innovative, but now it is time to step up your game and also be known as the company that truly stands behind their products. Just a thought!
    Last edited by Lupismaximus; 09-27-2012 at 03:17 PM.
  6. #106  
    mssca's Avatar

    Posts
    243 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    One more question, will this work with OtterBox Defender case?

    Thanks.
  7. #107  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    It will not work with the Otterbox Defender.
    Thanked by:
    mssca 
  8. #108  
    vr002sh's Avatar

    Posts
    268 Posts
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    I have not had the hiss issue yet (2 weeks and counting) however, my car has a built in USB charging port, I don't think that should make a difference, I am sure the power source is the same and just split at the dash. Also it's likely the alternator noise that you hear. I was using the Samsung universal dock prior, so USB charging and then the 3.5mm out the top to the aux in, with that, i got horrible hiss but only when a track was not playing (so if google music was playing (and not between tracks) no hiss, stop google music or between tracks, the hiss was back. Same was true if i was listening to a phone call this way (cant talk, but often i just have to listen, go figure) while the call was in progress, no hiss, hang up and the hiss was back. since this was 2 separate cables, shielding was not really an issue, and i have heard that this is a known issue with our S3's.

    So far, the new setup with the iBolt is working great for me.
  9. #109  
    BMIC50's Avatar

    Posts
    293 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Quote Originally Posted by vr002sh View Post
    I have not had the hiss issue yet (2 weeks and counting) however, my car has a built in USB charging port, I don't think that should make a difference, I am sure the power source is the same and just split at the dash. Also it's likely the alternator noise that you hear. I was using the Samsung universal dock prior, so USB charging and then the 3.5mm out the top to the aux in, with that, i got horrible hiss but only when a track was not playing (so if google music was playing (and not between tracks) no hiss, stop google music or between tracks, the hiss was back. Same was true if i was listening to a phone call this way (cant talk, but often i just have to listen, go figure) while the call was in progress, no hiss, hang up and the hiss was back. since this was 2 separate cables, shielding was not really an issue, and i have heard that this is a known issue with our S3's.

    So far, the new setup with the iBolt is working great for me.
    I should add that I used the official Samsung Infuse 4G car dock for a week before getting the I bolt and did not get any of the noise. Also I'm familiar with the alternator-induced whine, as I have been using my smartphone to listen to podcasts and internet radio for the last 5+ years. This is NOT it. Its not consistent with the engine speed, and its not consistent at all (it goes in and out), and its a much higher-pitched sound when it does manifest. It probably is electrical interference but its not related to the alternator.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue
  10. #110  
    vr002sh's Avatar

    Posts
    268 Posts
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Quote Originally Posted by djjr50 View Post
    I should add that I used the official Samsung Infuse 4G car dock for a week before getting the I bolt and did not get any of the noise. Also I'm familiar with the alternator-induced whine, as I have been using my smartphone to listen to podcasts and internet radio for the last 5+ years. This is NOT it. Its not consistent with the engine speed, and its not consistent at all (it goes in and out), and its a much higher-pitched sound when it does manifest. It probably is electrical interference but its not related to the alternator.
    You are probably right, it does not increase or change frequency with engine revs. Probably just the auto industry not shielding anything in the electrical system
  11. #111  
    BMIC50's Avatar

    Posts
    293 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    I am going to try to remember to plug it (just the GS3) into a wall socket and listen to a podcast to see if i hear anything tomorrow at work. Maybe that will help narrow things down.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue
  12. #112  
    mssca's Avatar

    Posts
    243 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Quote Originally Posted by 604xt View Post
    It will not work with the Otterbox Defender.
    Thanks... Dam it, now I have to buy the iGrip case from BestBuy.
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M
  13. #113  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    This car dock looks interesting and I will probably get one but the biggest thing I picked up from this is how petty and anal some of you are.
  14. #114  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Quote Originally Posted by djjr50 View Post
    I am going to try to remember to plug it (just the GS3) into a wall socket and listen to a podcast to see if i hear anything tomorrow at work. Maybe that will help narrow things down.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    I will also try that. I will plug it into the wall USB and then plug it into my Jambox.

    Also, the noise seems more like just a general electrostatic interference rather than what many of us experienced in the past, which was a charge from the alternator. When the RPMs go up the noise goes up. This hiss/static is pretty constant. For the person not experiencing it when you listen to Google Music, try listening to a classical track or audio book. It is there. I Only hear it when I play or stream some type of music, and not during other day to day functions like voice announcements on Google NAV.
  15. #115  
    BMIC50's Avatar

    Posts
    293 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Quote Originally Posted by Lupismaximus View Post
    I will also try that. I will plug it into the wall USB and then plug it into my Jambox.

    Also, the noise seems more like just a general electrostatic interference rather than what many of us experienced in the past, which was a charge from the alternator. When the RPMs go up the noise goes up. This hiss/static is pretty constant. For the person not experiencing it when you listen to Google Music, try listening to a classical track or audio book. It is there. I Only hear it when I play or stream some type of music, and not during other day to day functions like voice announcements on Google NAV.
    I forgot to mention that i listened to a podcast yesterday with it plugged in and no noise. What i need to do next is take the iBolt it and plug it into my home stereo and use a wall outlet. If the noise is there in that situation, it basically guarantees that it's an iBolt issue.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue
  16. #116  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    This happens to most of us but IBolt will ignore it or blame it on your car or something. I wiShaffer they would make a quality wire for this and replace every single consumer w a better insulated cable.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  17. #117  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    anyone using this with jelly bean? doesnt seem to be supported in the update. bit gutted
  18. #118  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Hi, I had to register to complain about the noise when the usb is plugged-in. After all the great reviews, I would never have thought that there was such an obvious problem with this dock. It also seems like the noise reacts to the swiping/touching of the screen. I really hope that a solution is found even if I have to buy an adapter of some sort.
  19. #119  

    Question Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Can I buy a Charge/aux cable separately?
    Your dock looks cool but I use a 'cliphanger stick' and simply need to connect my GS3 with only one connection.
  20. #120  
    mlbyanks11's Avatar

    Posts
    205 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    I'm confused folks... I'm having an issue where I can't hear anyone while my audio jack is plugged in when someone calls me.. I have bluetooth in my car Mitsubishi galant 2012...I use my phone for music and it's very annoying to unplug the jack when someone calls... Also my phone defaults to both speaker and blue tooth... Can't figure out how to get it to default to blue tooth only

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  21. #121  
    mlbyanks11's Avatar

    Posts
    205 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Does anyone at all have a clue on whether this is a samsung thing or is it something I'm missing?
  22. #122  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny340 View Post
    Can I buy a Charge/aux cable separately?
    Your dock looks cool but I use a 'cliphanger stick' and simply need to connect my GS3 with only one connection.
    I use an alternate charger cable without any issues. I do not have an AUX input in my car so don't listen to music through the dock.
  23. #123  
    mlbyanks11's Avatar

    Posts
    205 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    And what about my issue?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  24. #124  
    BMIC50's Avatar

    Posts
    293 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Quote Originally Posted by mlbyanks11 View Post
    And what about my issue?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    This might help.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #125  
    MikaelPe's Avatar

    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    All, two updates from us here at iBOLT regarding our Galaxy S3 Dock. 1. The Polish JellyBean download appears to block both charging and aux-out on the iBOLT dock as well as any Samsung OEM product. We've alerted Samsung to this issue and we hope that they correct the change in pin-out that is clearly happening prior to releasing the official Jellybean for S III in the US later in October. Second issue is that although 10.000's of people are using our Dock with the aux-out without any issues, including in my personal Honda Odyssey we are hearing the complaints about loud buzzing noise. We would be grateful if anyone with this issue would fill out the warranty form on our homepage and also indicate which car make, year and model you have, this would help a lot. We are aware of the issue and are working on solutions. The link to our contact page is . Thank you for your assistance and for supporting our products! Great new products are planned for 2013!
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

B