Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 224
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #176  
    MikaelPe's Avatar

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    FYI, I emailed iBOLT directly, and got some answers. There is no fix for either accessing the on-off switch, nor the updside down video preview (other than turning the mount upside down).

    I also asked about buying the power / audio cord separately from the cradle. iBOLT says they'll sell it, but it won't pass the audio signal unless connected to the cradle. So it's all or nothing.
    The new "xProDock" solves the issue with access to the power button and the upside down video. This as you can choose between left and right side for placement of the microUSB. The design is also very "open" so there's nothing blocking any button. Another benefit is of course that any case will fit, even Otterbox Defender and any Samsung handset from S II, SIII to Note II will work fine in this doc.
  2. #177  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Thanks Mikael. Any estimate of cost for the xProDock?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  3. #178  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Hi all,

    I just got one of these docks for Christmas, and I'm trying to work out whether it's defective or not. I was hoping you guys could help me out.

    My only method of streaming sound to my stereo is through a 3.5mm tape deck adapter. After getting the iBolt, my idea was to get a 3.5mm stereo coupler to connect the aux out cable on the iBolt to my tape deck adapter. When I do this, the sound coming out of my stereo from my phone sounds terrible compared to simply connecting the tape deck adapter directly to my phone. There is also a noticeable static-y, squeaky noise coming out of the stereo when I route the sound through the dock-coupler-tape deck combo. At first, I thought this was probably due to the odd nature of the connection, but I have read in this thread that other people are having issues with buzzing noises with this dock.

    I have tested the coupler by plugging my earbuds into my phone using an auxiliary cable as a bridge. There was no noticeable loss of quality compared to connecting my earbuds directly into my phone, so I don't think the coupler is the issue.

    I also tried connecting my phone to the stereo with only the cable provided with the dock. With this setup, no sound came out of the stereo, and there was a repeating, odd sound coming out of my stereo.

    All this is leading me to believe that the issue is with either the dock, the cable, or both-but I'd love a second opinion. Thanks.

    Also, my car is a 2000 Ford Focus, if that helps.
  4. #179  
    BMIC50's Avatar

    Posts
    307 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,828 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Quote Originally Posted by 11tracer View Post
    Hi all,

    I just got one of these docks for Christmas, and I'm trying to work out whether it's defective or not. I was hoping you guys could help me out.

    My only method of streaming sound to my stereo is through a 3.5mm tape deck adapter. After getting the iBolt, my idea was to get a 3.5mm stereo coupler to connect the aux out cable on the iBolt to my tape deck adapter. When I do this, the sound coming out of my stereo from my phone sounds terrible compared to simply connecting the tape deck adapter directly to my phone. There is also a noticeable static-y, squeaky noise coming out of the stereo when I route the sound through the dock-coupler-tape deck combo. At first, I thought this was probably due to the odd nature of the connection, but I have read in this thread that other people are having issues with buzzing noises with this dock.

    I have tested the coupler by plugging my earbuds into my phone using an auxiliary cable as a bridge. There was no noticeable loss of quality compared to connecting my earbuds directly into my phone, so I don't think the coupler is the issue.

    I also tried connecting my phone to the stereo with only the cable provided with the dock. With this setup, no sound came out of the stereo, and there was a repeating, odd sound coming out of my stereo.

    All this is leading me to believe that the issue is with either the dock, the cable, or both-but I'd love a second opinion. Thanks.

    Also, my car is a 2000 Ford Focus, if that helps.
    Depending on your vehicle, you may need a ground loop isolater to quiet the electric feedback.But you are correct in recognizing that others also have this issue.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue->LG G3 White
  5. #180  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Interesting...would something like this also fix the poor sound quality that I get when using the coupler? Because the feedback isn't my only issue, unless the feedback is what is degrading the sound quality as well.
  6. #181  
    BMIC50's Avatar

    Posts
    307 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,828 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Quote Originally Posted by 11tracer View Post
    Interesting...would something like this also fix the poor sound quality that I get when using the coupler? Because the feedback isn't my only issue, unless the feedback is what is degrading the sound quality as well.
    I'm not sure what is the culprit. I don't have audio quality issues. Just the high pitched noise that is irregular. Poor audio quality could be your car system, the 3.5mm cable, or a defective unit. I route my audio through the microusb Jack and I drive a 07 f-150 and I have no issues.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue->LG G3 White
  7. #182  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Quote Originally Posted by djjr50 View Post
    I'm not sure what is the culprit. I don't have audio quality issues. Just the high pitched noise that is irregular. Poor audio quality could be your car system, the 3.5mm cable, or a defective unit. I route my audio through the microusb Jack and I drive a 07 f-150 and I have no issues.
    I have a feeling that it could be a defective unit, because the feedback only becomes an issue when I route the sound through the dock to the tape deck adapter. Routing the sound directly from the 3.5mm plug on the phone to the adapter causes no feedback. Am I wrong in assuming that the issue lies with the dock and/or dock cable, then?
  8. #183  
    BMIC50's Avatar

    Posts
    307 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,828 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Quote Originally Posted by 11tracer View Post
    I have a feeling that it could be a defective unit, because the feedback only becomes an issue when I route the sound through the dock to the tape deck adapter. Routing the sound directly from the 3.5mm plug on the phone to the adapter causes no feedback. Am I wrong in assuming that the issue lies with the dock and/or dock cable, then?
    Plug in your car charger and the 3.5mm aux directly into your phone and see if it happens. If not, then its the holster/cradle.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue->LG G3 White
  9. #184  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Quote Originally Posted by djjr50 View Post
    Plug in your car charger and the 3.5mm aux directly into your phone and see if it happens. If not, then its the holster/cradle.
    You mean just the charger and the tape deck adapter? Because that was my setup before I got this dock, and there was no feedback. So I guess it's an issue with the dock. That's too bad, I was really hoping for one-plug solution for hooking up my phone to my car.
  10. #185  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Have you tried to contact iBolt? Their support seems to be pretty good.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  11. #186  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Not sure if this was answered as I am just pouring through these threads....I am not all that bright so I was plugging the audio connector directly into my phone versus my stereo. I found out in order to install correctly, you plug into your stereo. If you do not have the sort of plug in then I would guess you are SOL.

    Quote Originally Posted by mlbyanks11 View Post
    I'm confused folks... I'm having an issue where I can't hear anyone while my audio jack is plugged in when someone calls me.. I have bluetooth in my car Mitsubishi galant 2012...I use my phone for music and it's very annoying to unplug the jack when someone calls... Also my phone defaults to both speaker and blue tooth... Can't figure out how to get it to default to blue tooth only

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  12. #187  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Quote Originally Posted by MikaelPe View Post
    The new "xProDock" solves the issue with access to the power button and the upside down video. This as you can choose between left and right side for placement of the microUSB. The design is also very "open" so there's nothing blocking any button. Another benefit is of course that any case will fit, even Otterbox Defender and any Samsung handset from S II, SIII to Note II will work fine in this doc.
    This looks great. And, I impressed how you actively listen to all the customer feedback.
  13. #188  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Quote Originally Posted by djjr50 View Post
    Not with a stock GS3. Samsung doesn't allow call audio out through the micro usb port. I have not tried using the 3.5mm port.
    Without using the iBolt, but from my days of the Infuse car dock, I plug my S3 from my stereo head unit into the S3. The call was amplified but horrendous reverb for the caller and for me.
  14. #189  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    I love my iBolt, but when I received it for Christmas I had to stop using my flip cover. I don't like leaving my phone "naked" because I am somewhat accident prone, however. Can anyone offer some suggestions for a good quality case that will fit in the iBolt dock? I've got my eye on the UAG Aero case, but I don't want to commit to anything that won't fit.
  15. #190  
    Jkjones1's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    For the buzzing noise, I tried multiple cigarette power adapters and that seemed to make a difference. I was using a dual one from Scosche that was capable of charging two ipads simultaneously and that seemed to cause a lot of buzzing. I switched to a single one that was compatible with iphone 5 I purchased from Verizon and it seems to have done the trick - at least thus far.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  16. #191  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Quote Originally Posted by MikaelPe View Post
    The new "xProDock" solves the issue with access to the power button and the upside down video. This as you can choose between left and right side for placement of the microUSB. The design is also very "open" so there's nothing blocking any button. Another benefit is of course that any case will fit, even Otterbox Defender and any Samsung handset from S II, SIII to Note II will work fine in this doc.
    Wow, what timing. I JUST TODAY on the way home from work picked up the Gen 1 dock at a local Verizon store, then I find this thread and the comments about the new version. Luckily I haven't opened the box yet so I'll return it and order the new one online.
  17. #192  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    I have a general question about suction cup mounts for the iBolt, but also any of these types of "windshield" mounts. Is there any concern about the suction cup losing suction over time, especially if it's left on for a long time, and then removed to move like to another vehicle?

    I'm planning on picking up he iBolt for my SIII, but I'm not really getting it for MY car. I really don't need it at home or even in my car at all (I have navigation built-in to my car). I'm getting it for when I travel when I'm NOT taking my own car (like having to fly somewhere and get a rental car), I can take the iBolt with have navigation with my SIII in another car (without having to a rental car company extra for their add-on navigation, at $10 a day from a rental company for their nav the iBolt will pay for itself in 4 days on a trip).

    I only travel where I'd use it like that maybe once a year. So as long as I have the iBolt for that purpose, I will mount it in my car to be able to use in my car if I want to at times, then it might be mouned in my car for as much as a year, or more, then I'll travel and want to remove it from my car and take with me to attach in another car. And then of course move it back to my own car when I'm done with the trip.

    Do I need to be concerned with the suction cup losing suction ever with this scenario?

    And I guess another question, can the suction cup leave a mark on the windshield that's difficult to wash off if it's left on the windshield for that long in my own car? (Thinking about mainly if I ever sell or trade in my car, I wouldn't want to have such a mark on the windshield that might affect sale/trade-in value.)

    Thank you.
  18. #193  
    J Teezy's Avatar

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    will an S3 with an Otterbox Commuter on it fit in the dock?
  19. #194  
    BMIC50's Avatar

    Posts
    307 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,828 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Quote Originally Posted by J Teezy View Post
    will an S3 with an Otterbox Commuter on it fit in the dock?
    There http://ibolt.co/ibpf-33307website says it does.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue->LG G3 White
  20. #195  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Hi iBolt!

    I bought the iBolt right after I purchased my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 back in November. I'm still having a major problem that still hasn't been solved. Currently I have my phone setup so that when I hook it up in the iBolt car dock, the following things happen:

    -Car Mode Enabled with Car Home Ultra
    -Bluetooth turned on (resulting in phone linking to car 3rd part bluetooth for phone calls)
    -Text By Voice (Sonalight) App turned on
    -Music, Text by Voice, etc played through aux port. Phone calls go stereo system via Bluetooth.

    Everything works great, except for two major issues:

    -When docked, Voice apps (Google Search, Google Navigation, S Voice) don't work. Instead I get quick error stating "Didn't understand, please retry" Error immediately. These apps work when just charging, just in Car Mode, or in Car Mode while charging. This error only occurs when the phone is docked on the iBolt dock. This is insanely frustrating due to the fact that I want to use the voice apps when I'm driving.

    -Voice by Text (by Sonalight) works great except when I receive texts. As the app reads incoming texts, its get about 1-2 seconds into the text and becomes muted. But it works fine when not docked in the iBolt. I also have notification sounds disabled when Car Home Ultra is active.

    These two issues have been critical. I've tried doing a hard reset on the phone, and still have both issues. I've search through a lot of forums, with no resolution.

    Hopefully you've seen these issues at iBolt and know of a solution.
  21. #196  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Quote Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
    Sounds like you guys got bad docks.... I had same issue, replaced, and is now fine. Sounds like the first batch of docks that went out weren't of the best quality.

    To my knowledge, dock mode should only launch when the dock is plugged into the phone, not if the 9ft cord is plugged directly into the phone.









    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Same issue here, no charging when using the dock, does charge when connecting to 9ft cable directly... What should I do?
  22. #197  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Quote Originally Posted by smashinggil View Post
    Same issue here, no charging when using the dock, does charge when connecting to 9ft cable directly... What should I do?
    Umm, contact iBolt and ask for a replacement?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  23. #198  
    J Teezy's Avatar

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    pre-ordered an XPro, patiently waiting for it as I used my phone daily for GPS. Now if iBolt would make a desktop cradle for S3 that works with an Otterbox case on it that has HDMI out built into it =)
  24. #199  
    J Teezy's Avatar

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Just got an email that my dock shipped

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
  25. #200  

    Default Re: iBOLT Vehicle Dock for S III

    Look forward to reading about your experience with it.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions