Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts

Default DRACOdesign S3 Review - Pics Inside

The Draco S3 is a PREMIUM aluminum case offered by DRACOdesign, made of aircraft grade A6061 aluminum. The fit and finish
    is far superior to all the other metal bumpers I have owned. It has very solid lock up. The Flare Red finish is flawless, unlike its
    competitor's cases which included several imperfections and markings.

Thank You DRACOdesign - Dracodesign Inc.

Larger pictures can be found here. - Review: DRACOdesign S3 ~ chrischoi

The packaging alone is very nice. It looks clean and modern. I was impressed when receiving this in the mail. I felt bad for
    having to open up the box.

Upon removing the case from its packaging I checked over the contents. I found what they called a Strap Cable. It's a
    convenient wrist strap that works as a micro-USB cable. You can connect it to the strap loop opening on the bottom right
    of the case.

When picking up the case, I notice a nice heft. It's not heavy. It's a comfortable weight and feels like a quality build. I was
    glad to find that the volume rocker and power button were made of aluminum as well. The case fit very well in my hand. It did
    not have the boxy feeling of other metal bumpers.

Unlike other metal bumpers, I am able to lay this down and not worry about the camera. It's very flush, it seems to keep the
    camera off the surface. The opening ports are a good size. They are large enough to fit the OEM Samsung Data Cable. As
    I've complimented the finish of this case, the edges are rounded off. DRACOdesign really paid attention to the small details.

I have to say I am thoroughly impressed and I rate this case highly on my list. The minimalistic design and elegant looks
    have won me over.

MSRP: $89.99 and is available at DRACOdesign S3 Aluminum Bumper in 7 different colors.

It is worth the price and from past experiences I've learned to do it right the first time or buy multiple cases until you find
    the one you want. I am glad the right case came along early in the game this time.
    Last edited by chrischoi; 08-16-2012 at 12:47 AM.
    The views in this post are my own and not necessarily those of Sprint.

Default Re: DRACOdesign S3 Review - Pics Inside

Nice pics.

I think I would have been more impressed with the case if they had some sort of interior case rubberized coating, some sort of shock barrier should you drop your phone. Metal on metal is not helpful for preventing damage. Even a fine coating would convince me to consider the bumper.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyOnyxWitch View Post
    Nice pics.

I think I would have been more impressed with the case if they had some sort of interior case rubberized coating, some sort of shock barrier should you drop your phone. Metal on metal is not helpful for preventing damage. Even a fine coating would convince me to consider the bumper.
    It has little rubber pads on the inside. 4 of them to keep the phone from coming in contact of the aluminum. It's safe. I'm the most OCD person you'll ever meet.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts

30% off coupon code for direct purchase from DRACOdesign website on my blog!

chrismchoi.blogspot.com

I like the thought they put into the area for the volume up/down and power button...
    The design of the actual case with the silver lining is pretty sharp as well. With that said, an $89.99 price tag (or $63 w/ the coupon code) is rather steep. Also, I know the bulk of the aluminum bumper is probably the same as other cases, but without a back plate, the phone looks a bit bulkier.

Quote Originally Posted by chrischoi View Post
    It has little rubber pads on the inside. 4 of them to keep the phone from coming in contact of the aluminum. It's safe. I'm the most OCD person you'll ever meet.
    Nice to know, thanks!

Looks nice..but too expensive for me.

these cases look sooo sexy but too expensive for bumpers. Would purchase if they were about $30 or so.
    converted
    iPhone 4 ---> Galaxy S3
    hopefully.. Galaxy S3 ---> Note 2