Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Pretty good member

Default Re: Seidio Releases 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery for Galaxy S3

Hyperion.

For both the Seidio and hyperion users, could you please tell me what the total thicknesses are with the extended backs? Prefer mm's, but inches can work.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tismon View Post
    For both the Seidio and hyperion users, could you please tell me what the total thicknesses are with the extended backs? Prefer mm's, but inches can work.
    Thanks.
    To answer your question about the thickness, I measured 14.83mm for Seidio, and 14.56mm for Hyperion/QCell.

I purchased this battery a couple weeks ago to see what the deal is, because it's double the price of most other batteries. What I found was surprising to say the least.

Seidio Releases 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery for Galaxy S3 [NFC Now Available!]-20121011_204739.jpg
    Seidio Releases 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery for Galaxy S3 [NFC Now Available!]-20121014_120210.jpg

The first picture shows that there is a large portion of the battery filled with foam, instead of battery. The second one shows that on the outside, it is the same physical size as another extended battery. I used a micrometer to measure both the batteries, and the Hyperion battery is 10.90mm thick, and the Seidio battery is 10.60mm thick.
    Last edited by longus catus; 10-24-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Default Re: Seidio Releases 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery for Galaxy S3 [NFC Now Available!]

So lots of people agree that the Hyperion is the best. Has anyone been able to find it for sale in the UK, as Amazon only list it on the US site and won't ship it over here?

Default Re: Seidio Releases 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery for Galaxy S3 [NFC Now Available!]

I bought the same EZOPower battery from BargainCell myself, and it's definitely a good battery.
    These are my testing results for the ezopower battery and the seidio battery:

Seidio Releases 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery for Galaxy S3 [NFC Now Available!]-ezopower-4200mah-battery-1-test-2.png
    It's rated for 4200mAh, but with a 500mA load, delivers 4350mAh.
    Last edited by longus catus; 10-24-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Does anyone who has the Hyperion battery also have a holster that accommodates the door/case that comes with it?

I had a Seidio extended battery for my HTC Evo and I loved the door and the holster that came with it...on Amazon and elsewhere, I haven't seen any belt-clip holsters that are compatible with the Hyperion battery & case. I'm hoping, based on the pics of the Hyperion vs. Seidio batteries side-by-side and with measurements shown, that the Seidio door and holster can be used with the superior Hyperion extended battery. Much thanks in advance for responses.

Quote Originally Posted by foxforce5 View Post
    Does anyone who has the Hyperion battery also have a holster that accommodates the door/case that comes with it?

I had a Seidio extended battery for my HTC Evo and I loved the door and the holster that came with it...on Amazon and elsewhere, I haven't seen any belt-clip holsters that are compatible with the Hyperion battery & case. I'm hoping, based on the pics of the Hyperion vs. Seidio batteries side-by-side and with measurements shown, that the Seidio door and holster can be used with the superior Hyperion extended battery. Much thanks in advance for responses.
    I don't know of any Hyperion holster, but keep in mind that Hyperion and QCell use the same door, so accessories should be cross-compatible. I don't think there's a QCell holster, though.

I measured the Seidio battery and the Hyperion batteries just now, and to my surprise, one of the Hyperion extended batteries measures slightly thicker than the other - so one is exactly the same dimensions as the Seidio battery, and one is slightly thicker (10.6mm vs 10.9mm) This probably has to do with the wrapping the batteries use - the Hyperion batteries use a heavy paper/tapeish wrapping, and the Seidio battery uses a foil type.

I tried the Seidio door with the Hyperion battery, since the Seidio door looks less generic than all the other battery doors, but since mine is defective - it wont latch on all the way around the phone - I can't actually try it out 100%. But it certainly seems like the Hyperion battery would fit just fine, not to mention the measurements say the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by longus catus View Post
    I don't know of any Hyperion holster, but keep in mind that Hyperion and QCell use the same door, so accessories should be cross-compatible. I don't think there's a QCell holster, though.

I measured the Seidio battery and the Hyperion batteries just now, and to my surprise, one of the Hyperion extended batteries measures slightly thicker than the other - so one is exactly the same dimensions as the Seidio battery, and one is slightly thicker (10.6mm vs 10.9mm) This probably has to do with the wrapping the batteries use - the Hyperion batteries use a heavy paper/tapeish wrapping, and the Seidio battery uses a foil type.

I tried the Seidio door with the Hyperion battery, since the Seidio door looks less generic than all the other battery doors, but since mine is defective - it wont latch on all the way around the phone - I can't actually try it out 100%. But it certainly seems like the Hyperion battery would fit just fine, not to mention the measurements say the same thing.
    Thanks for the thoughtful reply. Another thread on this forum (your posts, actually, I think) suggests that the Hyperion battery with Seidio door and ACTIVE case & holster should work. I'm thinking to go ahead and order that combo and see how it works. Sorry about your defective door and that's weird that your Hyperion batteries are different sizes. I guess it's to be expected, though...

I'm not real impressed with the Hyperion battery just yet. I noticed about a 20% increase over the stock battery today. I guess I need to fully cycle it a few more times and see. The directions say 4-5 cycles to get peak performance.

On another note, I will be ordering the Seido case and holster from Amazon this week. Hopefully it will work with my Hyperion battery. There is a review on Amazon that said they didn't use the Hyperion case but instead the Seido case with a piece of foam.

Quote Originally Posted by fireidiot View Post
    I'm not real impressed with the Hyperion battery just yet. I noticed about a 20% increase over the stock battery today. I guess I need to fully cycle it a few more times and see. The directions say 4-5 cycles to get peak performance.

On another note, I will be ordering the Seido case and holster from Amazon this week. Hopefully it will work with my Hyperion battery. There is a review on Amazon that said they didn't use the Hyperion case but instead the Seido case with a piece of foam.
    Great - please post again when you get the new case. I haven't ordered yet and would like for you to be the guinea pig

No problem. I just ordered it today. I'll let you know.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

No problem. I just ordered it today. I'll let you know.
    You bought the seidio back plate right? Without it the it won't work I believe.

The case works with Hyperion battery but not back plate. Must get seidio extended battery back plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post

The case works with Hyperion battery but not back plate. Must get seidio extended battery back plate.
    This is the one I ordered. Amazon.com: Seidio BD2-HK3SSG3XK-BK ACTIVE Extended Case with Metal Kickstand and Holster Combo for Samsung Galaxy S3 - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Hopefully it will work out.

BTW- Day 1 with the Hyperion Battery I got about 10 hours. Day 2 I'm at 11 hours now with 57% left and I've used it pretty heavy today.
    Last edited by fireidiot; 11-07-2012 at 05:56 PM.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Okay. Good.correct case but I'm wondering if you git the seidio back plate (battery cover). What you got is the actual case for SEIDIOS back cover which is designed differently than Hyperion. Which is why I believe the case only works with SEIDIOS back plate/ battery cover and not Hyperion. If you haven't done this you can get it from seidios customer care

I'm getting 24+ hours using the Hyperion with 5+ hours of screen on time.

It's nice being able to get through the day without having to charge the battery 1 - 2 times.

I also realized that the Tweetcaster app was KILLING my battery. Both stock and hyperion. Installed Plume and problem solved.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post

You are correct. The case came in and I called Seidio to order the backplate for the phone. I'll keep you posted.

On another note I am getting 26 hours from the extended battery without power saving mode and heavy usage. One note, I have to shut the phone off to charge it to 100% or it takes about 10-12 hours to completely charge if the phone is on.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

is it just my phone or is anyone else using the hyperion 4200mah extended battery getting this white haze/cloud on their pics/videos when using the flash at night and low light surroundings? the battery life is super but the camera flash is useless at night

You are correct. The case came in and I called Seidio to order the backplate for the phone. I'll keep you posted.

On another note I am getting 26 hours from the extended battery without power saving mode and heavy usage. One note, I have to shut the phone off to charge it to 100% or it takes about 10-12 hours to completely charge if the phone is on.
    That's outstanding - much thanks for the update. Mine should be here today or tomorrow. About how long does the phone have to be off while charging to get up to the full 100%? It'd be sweet if it could knock that out in the hour or so while I'm at the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by foxforce5 View Post
    That's outstanding - much thanks for the update. Mine should be here today or tomorrow. About how long does the phone have to be off while charging to get up to the full 100%? It'd be sweet if it could knock that out in the hour or so while I'm at the gym.
    I turn mine off before I go to bed and then unplug it about 6-7 hours later. Then (leaving the phone off) I plug it back in until it reaches 100%. Sometimes that takes an hour sometimes two hours. I have noticed that after properly cycling the battery 6-7 times that it is much better. But remember this battery is twice what the original is, so it's going to take longer to charge. I definitely recommend charging it with the phone turned off.

On another note, the Seidio back case fits my Hyperion extended battery without a problem. I am really liking the Seidio Active case.

I turn mine off before I go to bed and then unplug it about 6-7 hours later. Then (leaving the phone off) I plug it back in until it reaches 100%. Sometimes that takes an hour sometimes two hours. I have noticed that after properly cycling the battery 6-7 times that it is much better. But remember this battery is twice what the original is, so it's going to take longer to charge. I definitely recommend charging it with the phone turned off.

On another note, the Seidio back case fits my Hyperion extended battery without a problem. I am really liking the Seidio Active case.
    Excellent. Thanks again for the updates. Hopefully I'll be enjoying mine tomorrow night - UPS says it's in Phoenix right now (I'm in Dallas).

I got my Hyperion battery and Seidio back case, active case and holster over the past few days, and I am freaking thrilled as can be. The battery came in first, and after charging it overnight, that bad boy put out SEVENTY-TWO HOURS before it hit the 10% panic button. It wasn't a hectic 72 hours, but there were a few phone calls and texts, plus a GPS-guided trip from downtown Dallas to Plano, and from Uptown Dallas to Cowboys Stadium (yes, I watched the Cowboys get smoked on Thanksgiving Day). I charged it up again and it got 2.5 days in before I started charging in the teens.

It's been off the charger for 25 hours and is sitting at 59% right now, after a relatively active day yesterday (lots of pictures, texts, some gaming). I recently ordered a New Trent 12000mA portable charger, but with a battery like this, I won't need it unless I spend a week camping.

Funny. I ordered a Trent IMP120D to test a couple days ago. I just got a shipment email for it.

Funny. I ordered a Trent IMP120D to test a couple days ago. I just got a shipment email for it.
    Heh - great minds think alike. That is, if your mind is great.

Red face Re: Seidio Releases 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery for Galaxy S3 [NFC Now Available!]

I'm a cat... But I try.

How many people know how to convert the 12000mAh rating for the charger into usable output at the usb port?

I'm a cat... But I try.

How many people know how to convert the 12000mAh rating for the charger into usable output at the usb port?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast