Seidio Releases 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery for Galaxy S3 [NFC Now Available!]

fireidiot

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
You bought the seidio back plate right? Without it the it won't work I believe.

The case works with Hyperion battery but not back plate. Must get seidio extended battery back plate.
You are correct. The case came in and I called Seidio to order the backplate for the phone. I'll keep you posted.

On another note I am getting 26 hours from the extended battery without power saving mode and heavy usage. One note, I have to shut the phone off to charge it to 100% or it takes about 10-12 hours to completely charge if the phone is on.

Les Vegas

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
is it just my phone or is anyone else using the hyperion 4200mah extended battery getting this white haze/cloud on their pics/videos when using the flash at night and low light surroundings? the battery life is super but the camera flash is useless at night

foxforce5

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
You are correct. The case came in and I called Seidio to order the backplate for the phone. I'll keep you posted.

On another note I am getting 26 hours from the extended battery without power saving mode and heavy usage. One note, I have to shut the phone off to charge it to 100% or it takes about 10-12 hours to completely charge if the phone is on.
That's outstanding - much thanks for the update. Mine should be here today or tomorrow. About how long does the phone have to be off while charging to get up to the full 100%? It'd be sweet if it could knock that out in the hour or so while I'm at the gym.

fireidiot

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
That's outstanding - much thanks for the update. Mine should be here today or tomorrow. About how long does the phone have to be off while charging to get up to the full 100%? It'd be sweet if it could knock that out in the hour or so while I'm at the gym.

I turn mine off before I go to bed and then unplug it about 6-7 hours later. Then (leaving the phone off) I plug it back in until it reaches 100%. Sometimes that takes an hour sometimes two hours. I have noticed that after properly cycling the battery 6-7 times that it is much better. But remember this battery is twice what the original is, so it's going to take longer to charge. I definitely recommend charging it with the phone turned off.

On another note, the Seidio back case fits my Hyperion extended battery without a problem. I am really liking the Seidio Active case.

foxforce5

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I turn mine off before I go to bed and then unplug it about 6-7 hours later. Then (leaving the phone off) I plug it back in until it reaches 100%. Sometimes that takes an hour sometimes two hours. I have noticed that after properly cycling the battery 6-7 times that it is much better. But remember this battery is twice what the original is, so it's going to take longer to charge. I definitely recommend charging it with the phone turned off.

On another note, the Seidio back case fits my Hyperion extended battery without a problem. I am really liking the Seidio Active case.
Excellent. Thanks again for the updates. Hopefully I'll be enjoying mine tomorrow night - UPS says it's in Phoenix right now (I'm in Dallas).

foxforce5

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

I got my Hyperion battery and Seidio back case, active case and holster over the past few days, and I am freaking thrilled as can be. The battery came in first, and after charging it overnight, that bad boy put out SEVENTY-TWO HOURS before it hit the 10% panic button. It wasn't a hectic 72 hours, but there were a few phone calls and texts, plus a GPS-guided trip from downtown Dallas to Plano, and from Uptown Dallas to Cowboys Stadium (yes, I watched the Cowboys get smoked on Thanksgiving Day). I charged it up again and it got 2.5 days in before I started charging in the teens.

It's been off the charger for 25 hours and is sitting at 59% right now, after a relatively active day yesterday (lots of pictures, texts, some gaming). I recently ordered a New Trent 12000mA portable charger, but with a battery like this, I won't need it unless I spend a week camping.

foxforce5

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
After having the Hyperion for a few weeks I've noticed that, whether I leave the phone on or off to charge overnight, I wake up, turn it on (if it was off) and see that the battery widget says it's at 100%. Then I unplug it...and it's instantly at 84%. Every time. So I plug it back in and it gets up to 100% in a half-hour or so.

Just wanted to share that...might be the same situation with yours.

Also, does anyone have any insight/advice on how long I should continue to let the battery fully cycle? By that I mean let it get all the way down to 10-20% of battery capacity before fully recharging. I have done the full cycle probably 7-8 times now, with it taking a good 2-3 days to drain the battery each time. I'm wondering whether I should stop taking the battery down that far and just keep "topping it off" at the end of the day or even just a few hours of charging time while I'm sitting here at work, not using it.

Thanks for any responses.

longus catus

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
After having the Hyperion for a few weeks I've noticed that, whether I leave the phone on or off to charge overnight, I wake up, turn it on (if it was off) and see that the battery widget says it's at 100%. Then I unplug it...and it's instantly at 84%. Every time. So I plug it back in and it gets up to 100% in a half-hour or so.

Also, does anyone have any insight/advice on how long I should continue to let the battery fully cycle? By that I mean let it get all the way down to 10-20% of battery capacity before fully recharging. I have done the full cycle probably 7-8 times now, with it taking a good 2-3 days to drain the battery each time. I'm wondering whether I should stop taking the battery down that far and just keep "topping it off" at the end of the day or even just a few hours of charging time while I'm sitting here at work, not using it.

Cycling is useful to reset the internal fuel gauge, from charge, full discharge, then full charge. Best without any discharges or other breaks while doing that. And, it's only useful once in a while, and it's best to keep the cycle depth as shallow as possible... aka don't purposefully cycle it deeper than normal.

Last edited:

fireidiot

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

I found that I had a bad phone. I have had the new phone for a week and with the Hyperion 4400 battery. I am now only using the stock charger and it charges fully within 5 hours to 100% at night, while being on. I have not tried to charge it by having the phone off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354921891894.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354921891894.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 34

longus catus

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I tested and reviewed that New Trent IMP120D portable battery charter that was discussed earlier in the thread. Short version is, the capacity is as advertised. However, the 2.1A output has some issues...

New-Trent-12000mAh-Portable-Battery-Charger-1-1A-and-2.1A-test-composite.jpg

moe2o4

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Guys. I just purchased the Gorilla Gadgets 4500mah for my Samsung Galaxy S3. (4500mAh Samsung Galaxy S III Extended Life Battery) The battery thickness of it is 10.74mm. I was looking for a case with a clip and a back case to fit the Gorilla Gadgets Battery. I was just tired of using the stock battery and barely getting a day. I have had the otterbox case on the phone with the regular battery and i just love the clip & protection, that's why im looking for another with the clip. Just wondering if the back from the Seidio case will fit on the GS3 with the Gorilla Gadgets battery. If so this case will work?

foxforce5

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Cycling is useful to reset the internal fuel gauge, from charge, full discharge, then full charge. Best without any discharges or other breaks while doing that. And, it's only useful once in a while, and it's best to keep the cycle depth as shallow as possible... aka don't purposefully cycle it deeper than normal.
OK, a few months in, now I'm seeing something odd that reminded me of this post....My battery widget showed my % capacity as 15%, but in the detail screen it showed it has 3682mV, with the Hyperion maxing out at about 4300mV. With the % at 15, I kept getting warning messages to charge the battery, it's dangerously low, etc. So, how do I calibrate it, or recalibrate it, to where it's reading the right % of capacity? This just came on, all of a sudden. I rebooted, then removed the battery and put it back in...same deal - I had recharged it back to 3935mV, which showed up as 50% on the battery widget.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

longus catus

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
OK, a few months in, now I'm seeing something odd that reminded me of this post....My battery widget showed my % capacity as 15%, but in the detail screen it showed it has 3682mV, with the Hyperion maxing out at about 4300mV. With the % at 15, I kept getting warning messages to charge the battery, it's dangerously low, etc. So, how do I calibrate it, or recalibrate it, to where it's reading the right % of capacity? This just came on, all of a sudden. I rebooted, then removed the battery and put it back in...same deal - I had recharged it back to 3935mV, which showed up as 50% on the battery widget.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

To calibrate it, discharge until the phone turns off, then charge the battery. Preferably with the phone off - the point is to charge it fully in one shot.

Last edited:

foxforce5

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
To calibrate it, discharge until the phone turns off, then charge the battery. Preferably with the phone off - the point is to charge it fully in one shot.
OK, I'll try to do that...it's just tough when I have important calls I have to be on and the phone is telling me it's about to die LOL

Much thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney