Seidio Releases 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery for Galaxy S3 [NFC Now Available!]

cccthethird

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Seidio Releases 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery for Galaxy S3

Yes the back cover is nothing special...no fancy engraving or metallic print. But is any of that necessary? Much less worth paying 50 more? It gets the job done and if you use the custom tpu case, also made by Hyperion, then the back plate is irrelevant is it not?

I have the same battery, and the door now has a small crack by the charging port. The OEM door is also slick, the Hyperion one is no worse its just no better, and it did develop the crack. I got the TPU case (only on that fits over the Hyperion battery) and it is not much easier to hold on to than the door that came with the battery. Its also fairly stiff and does not have a good feel to it in my opinion. the Seidio standard soft touch "rubbery" casing is much better, and you have the option to get the case as well. The Hyperion battery and case are under $30, while the Seidio ones are under $100 so the price difference is real. It's worth the money for me, though it may not be for everyone.

knightblaze

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

Are there any plans to sell the battery door separately? I'd be interested in buying the battery door to replace mine so i can use it with my seido holster :|

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Are there any plans to sell the battery door separately? I'd be interested in buying the battery door to replace mine so i can use it with my seido holster :|

We don't sell the battery doors on our website, but you can contact our customer service department at 832-204-1118 to order one over the phone.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
anyone have pictures on the size of this battery? If you have it please review it..I can't find one review or video on it.

If this is the same size as Hyperion 4200 battery than I will just get that one but if it's slim I'll get it

Last edited:

tismon

May 23, 2011
Visit site

For both the Seidio and hyperion users, could you please tell me what the total thicknesses are with the extended backs? Prefer mm's, but inches can work.
Thanks.

longus catus

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site

For both the Seidio and hyperion users, could you please tell me what the total thicknesses are with the extended backs? Prefer mm's, but inches can work.
Thanks.

To answer your question about the thickness, I measured 14.83mm for Seidio, and 14.56mm for Hyperion/QCell.

I purchased this battery a couple weeks ago to see what the deal is, because it's double the price of most other batteries. What I found was surprising to say the least.

20121011_204739.jpg
20121014_120210.jpg

The first picture shows that there is a large portion of the battery filled with foam, instead of battery. The second one shows that on the outside, it is the same physical size as another extended battery. I used a micrometer to measure both the batteries, and the Hyperion battery is 10.90mm thick, and the Seidio battery is 10.60mm thick.

Last edited:

Fodder500

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
So lots of people agree that the Hyperion is the best. Has anyone been able to find it for sale in the UK, as Amazon only list it on the US site and won't ship it over here?

longus catus

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I bought the same EZOPower battery from BargainCell myself, and it's definitely a good battery.
These are my testing results for the ezopower battery and the seidio battery:

ezopower 4200mAh battery 1 test 2.png
It's rated for 4200mAh, but with a 500mA load, delivers 4350mAh.

Last edited:

foxforce5

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone who has the Hyperion battery also have a holster that accommodates the door/case that comes with it?

I had a Seidio extended battery for my HTC Evo and I loved the door and the holster that came with it...on Amazon and elsewhere, I haven't seen any belt-clip holsters that are compatible with the Hyperion battery & case. I'm hoping, based on the pics of the Hyperion vs. Seidio batteries side-by-side and with measurements shown, that the Seidio door and holster can be used with the superior Hyperion extended battery. Much thanks in advance for responses.

longus catus

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone who has the Hyperion battery also have a holster that accommodates the door/case that comes with it?

I had a Seidio extended battery for my HTC Evo and I loved the door and the holster that came with it...on Amazon and elsewhere, I haven't seen any belt-clip holsters that are compatible with the Hyperion battery & case. I'm hoping, based on the pics of the Hyperion vs. Seidio batteries side-by-side and with measurements shown, that the Seidio door and holster can be used with the superior Hyperion extended battery. Much thanks in advance for responses.

I don't know of any Hyperion holster, but keep in mind that Hyperion and QCell use the same door, so accessories should be cross-compatible. I don't think there's a QCell holster, though.

I measured the Seidio battery and the Hyperion batteries just now, and to my surprise, one of the Hyperion extended batteries measures slightly thicker than the other - so one is exactly the same dimensions as the Seidio battery, and one is slightly thicker (10.6mm vs 10.9mm) This probably has to do with the wrapping the batteries use - the Hyperion batteries use a heavy paper/tapeish wrapping, and the Seidio battery uses a foil type.

I tried the Seidio door with the Hyperion battery, since the Seidio door looks less generic than all the other battery doors, but since mine is defective - it wont latch on all the way around the phone - I can't actually try it out 100%. But it certainly seems like the Hyperion battery would fit just fine, not to mention the measurements say the same thing.

foxforce5

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't know of any Hyperion holster, but keep in mind that Hyperion and QCell use the same door, so accessories should be cross-compatible. I don't think there's a QCell holster, though.

I measured the Seidio battery and the Hyperion batteries just now, and to my surprise, one of the Hyperion extended batteries measures slightly thicker than the other - so one is exactly the same dimensions as the Seidio battery, and one is slightly thicker (10.6mm vs 10.9mm) This probably has to do with the wrapping the batteries use - the Hyperion batteries use a heavy paper/tapeish wrapping, and the Seidio battery uses a foil type.

I tried the Seidio door with the Hyperion battery, since the Seidio door looks less generic than all the other battery doors, but since mine is defective - it wont latch on all the way around the phone - I can't actually try it out 100%. But it certainly seems like the Hyperion battery would fit just fine, not to mention the measurements say the same thing.
Thanks for the thoughtful reply. Another thread on this forum (your posts, actually, I think) suggests that the Hyperion battery with Seidio door and ACTIVE case & holster should work. I'm thinking to go ahead and order that combo and see how it works. Sorry about your defective door and that's weird that your Hyperion batteries are different sizes. I guess it's to be expected, though...

fireidiot

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm not real impressed with the Hyperion battery just yet. I noticed about a 20% increase over the stock battery today. I guess I need to fully cycle it a few more times and see. The directions say 4-5 cycles to get peak performance.

On another note, I will be ordering the Seido case and holster from Amazon this week. Hopefully it will work with my Hyperion battery. There is a review on Amazon that said they didn't use the Hyperion case but instead the Seido case with a piece of foam.

foxforce5

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm not real impressed with the Hyperion battery just yet. I noticed about a 20% increase over the stock battery today. I guess I need to fully cycle it a few more times and see. The directions say 4-5 cycles to get peak performance.

On another note, I will be ordering the Seido case and holster from Amazon this week. Hopefully it will work with my Hyperion battery. There is a review on Amazon that said they didn't use the Hyperion case but instead the Seido case with a piece of foam.
Great - please post again when you get the new case. I haven't ordered yet and would like for you to be the guinea pig :)

fireidiot

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
You bought the seidio back plate right? Without it the it won't work I believe.

The case works with Hyperion battery but not back plate. Must get seidio extended battery back plate.
This is the one I ordered. Amazon.com: Seidio BD2-HK3SSG3XK-BK ACTIVE Extended Case with Metal Kickstand and Holster Combo for Samsung Galaxy S3 - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
Hopefully it will work out.

BTW- Day 1 with the Hyperion Battery I got about 10 hours. Day 2 I'm at 11 hours now with 57% left and I've used it pretty heavy today. :)

Last edited:

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay. Good.correct case but I'm wondering if you git the seidio back plate (battery cover). What you got is the actual case for SEIDIOS back cover which is designed differently than Hyperion. Which is why I believe the case only works with SEIDIOS back plate/ battery cover and not Hyperion. If you haven't done this you can get it from seidios customer care

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting 24+ hours using the Hyperion with 5+ hours of screen on time.

It's nice being able to get through the day without having to charge the battery 1 - 2 times.

I also realized that the Tweetcaster app was KILLING my battery. Both stock and hyperion. Installed Plume and problem solved.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2