Which extended batteries are you using?

Curtis A

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to pick up an extended battery for my S3. Would like to keep nfc. Did you have to also get an enlarged back cover?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
None. I have a charger for the home, office and car so a charge is never far away.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I got the spare samsung 2100 battery with the charger. I put a fresh battery in when I get up and it lasts until I swap out again in the evening. Usually I still have plenty of charge left at that point but I swap so I have a fresh battery in the morning. I never have to plug my phone in using this method.

rodger3gs

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I am using the Hyperion 4200mAh with NFC and the tpu case
a6934821-c798-391b.jpg
a6934821-c7ac-db4d.jpg
a6934821-c7b9-a302.jpg
a6934821-c7c6-367f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Curtis A

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend waiting for the Mophie readies Galaxy S III Juice Packs, coming very soon -- Engadget , but of course... I work at mophie...

there's already a bunch of these out there and some probably even better (I've seen some with kick stands and a face cover.like Samsung's flip case). They are cool though. I'm glad mophie is making one. Big iPhone accessory maker going to android and specifically Samsung is huge. Probably will inspire other iPhone accessory companies to convert as well. Big win for Samsung

Curtis A

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I am using the Hyperion 4200mAh with NFC and the tpu case
Click to view quoted image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Just ordered this and the case. I hope now I can make it through the day without charging like I can with the N7 and iPad 2. It will be nice not to have to pull any cords out of my bag while at work.

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered this and the case. I hope now I can make it through the day without charging like I can with the N7 and iPad 2. It will be nice not to have to pull any cords out of my bag while at work.

Holly crap that thing is huge! I can appreciate the extra runtime the extended batteries provide but unless I know I will be in a situation where I am unable to charge my phone for a prolonged period of time i will stick with my oem battery. I stopped using my nextel brick years ago and I would like to keep it that way.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Curtis A

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
The Hyperion 4200mah battery was delivered yesterday along with the extended back cover and case. I fully charged the battery overnight so today begins it's first discharge.

I quickly checked the nfc and it works just fine.

The battery and back cover fit just fine. I don't mind the added girth or weight and the overall feel is better than my ballistic case. However the Hyperion case could be cut a little better as the lock and volume buttons are difficult to locate and the charging port is tight. In addition there is a cutout at the top right of the case for seemingly no reason (where one would attach a tether on some older phones.

Overall it's too early to tell if I will revert back to the oem battery and ballistic case. But for me, the thickness and weight is not an issue, and that was what I was worried about.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The Hyperion 4200mah battery was delivered yesterday along with the extended back cover and case. I fully charged the battery overnight so today begins it's first discharge.

I quickly checked the nfc and it works just fine.

The battery and back cover fit just fine. I don't mind the added girth or weight and the overall feel is better than my ballistic case. However the Hyperion case could be cut a little better as the lock and volume buttons are difficult to locate and the charging port is tight. In addition there is a cutout at the top right of the case for seemingly no reason (where one would attach a tether on some older phones.

Overall it's too early to tell if I will revert back to the oem battery and ballistic case. But for me, the thickness and weight is not an issue, and that was what I was worried about.

the cut out in the case is for some Asian phone it has to do with their signal and antenna. I wouldn't worry about it. I saw it in a review. I don't actually have it. I'm interested though. Doesn't seem that much bigger. I really want a 2500-3000mah battery