Desktop Dock That Also Charges Spare Battery

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I've seen a few different desktop docks that also charge a spare battery.

This Hyperion model only charges the spare battery to about 87-90% and a couple of people reported that it stopped working after a few weeks:
Amazon.com: Hyperion Samsung Galaxy S3 Dual Phone + Battery Dock (Compatible with At&t, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, and All International Galaxy S3 models (GT-i9300)). **Retail Packaging**: Cell Phones & Accessories

No reviews on this one yet. Looks like it would not charge an extended battery:
Amazon.com: Hyperion Samsung Galaxy S3 Dual Phone + Battery Dock (Compatible with At&t, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, and All International Galaxy S3 models (GT-i9300)). **Retail Packaging**: Cell Phones & Accessories

Here's another one. No feedback:
SPARE BATTERY CASE CHARGER Dual Sync Cradle Dock For Samsung Galaxy S3 III I9300 | eBay

Here's another design, wonder if the purple matches the pebble blue:
USB SPARE BATTERY CHARGER STAND HOLDER DOCK CRADLE FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S 3 I9300 | eBay

Here's a fifth design. I went ahead and ordered this and will report back when it finally gets here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2124121

Anyone have experience with these or other models? Must charge the spare battery quickly. Should charge a larger, extended battery, eg, 4200 mAh. Idealy, would only need one power cord, but not sure if any meet this criterion. Not a deal breaker.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

dachiemom

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the Hyperion from Amazon and it has been working great- the battery it comes with is the same as in the GS3 when purchased from ATT. It does charge my GS3 to 100%. I usually keep one charged in the cradle and swap each morning before going to work. It is small enough to throw in my bag and carry if needed--1/2 in x 3 x 3 inches thereabout.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the Hyperion from Amazon and it has been working great- the battery it comes with is the same as in the GS3 when purchased from ATT. It does charge my GS3 to 100%. I usually keep one charged in the cradle and swap each morning before going to work. It is small enough to throw in my bag and carry if needed--1/2 in x 3 x 3 inches thereabout.
My understanding was that it charges the GS3 to 100%, but the spare battery is only charged to about 90%, at least that is said in a few reviews on Amazon.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and ordered this and will report back when it finally gets here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2196422
Been using this one for a little while. Not so great. Charging light for spare battery doesn't always switch to green when it's charged. MicroUSB connection seems a little fragile but it works fine. Spare battery that comes with it is not very good. Better than nothing but I don't really recommend it. But all these models look like cheap stuff.

tweazer

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been intrigued by the one made by Kidigi. It can be found on Ebay. The stand has a shell that can be removed to increase the seat area. With the shell installed the stock S3 without a case looks to fit snugly. The shell can be removed for use with a case. There are 4 varieties that I have seen.

black with second battery charge slot
white with second battery charge slot

black without second battery charge slot
white without second battery charge slot

Unlikely it would work with an OtterBox but it should work with a TPU shell or hardshell.

On a somewhat related note, I bought the stock Samsung Extra Battery Kit that comes with a battery and charger and paid WAY TOO MUCH at the Samsung store Metrotown Vancouver. Even though it includes an NFC battery, I can't recommend it at the price they ask. 59$Can.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz