07-25-2013 03:17 AM
145 12345 ...
tools
    Looks very good BUT...

Is it usable under water?
    Does the cover make it hard to press buttons?
    Can I use the phone without putting extra pressure on the screen?
    How strong is it against drops and falls? Will the case break off if it is dropped?
    Will the case be damaged (or no longer be waterproof) if it is dropped on the street or something?

I'd like to see a drop test

P.S.
    I also second a kickstand version, I prefer all my cases with kickstands!
    10-18-2012 01:16 PM
    Im looking forward to this product. Waterproofing is essential in the Pacific NW. I am just hoping rain resistance is good. Then I will be singing in rain.
    10-18-2012 05:08 PM
    Count me in for the extended battery+this case+belt clip combo. I will pay the premium price for that!
    10-18-2012 05:17 PM
    Looks very good BUT...

Is it usable under water?
    Does the cover make it hard to press buttons?
    Can I use the phone without putting extra pressure on the screen?
    How strong is it against drops and falls? Will the case break off if it is dropped?
    Will the case be damaged (or no longer be waterproof) if it is dropped on the street or something?

I'd like to see a drop test

P.S.
    I also second a kickstand version, I prefer all my cases with kickstands!
    For your underwater questions, the device's screen cannot be used under the water, because it is a capacitive screen. However, the built in screen protector does not hinder the touch screen's usage out of the water and no extra pressure is needed.

The OBEX has exceed the MIL-STD-810G testing to provide protection for your Samsung Galaxy S3. (You can read more about MIL-STD-810G here.) However, if the case does get damaged this could make it no longer waterproof. We suggest testing the case without the phone if you think that it has been damaged in any way.
    10-19-2012 10:11 AM
    Will it be sold at best buy?
    10-20-2012 12:35 AM
    I'm starting to get the feeling this isn't going to be out in October :-(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    10-22-2012 08:05 AM
    Its wet out and we are in need of an Obex; no pressure though. Its time for me to put my OtterBox out to pasture.
    10-22-2012 11:36 AM
    You and me both been doing a lot of hunting lately and otter box just not cutting it

10-22-2012 11:40 AM
    Will the OBEX be available for other Android phones? Mainly the Motorola Razr Maxx??
    10-23-2012 11:40 AM
    I have always been a huge fan of Seidio products. Please provide us a release date.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    10-23-2012 02:54 PM
    I have always been a huge fan of Seidio products. Please provide us a release date.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    We are happy to announce that the OBEX is available and now shipping from our online store!

Will the OBEX be available for other Android phones? Mainly the Motorola Razr Maxx??
    There is a possibility that it could come for other Android phones, but there are no finalized plans at this time. I will forward your request to product development.

I'm starting to get the feeling this isn't going to be out in October :-(

Your feelings have led you astray! The OBEX for the Samsung Galaxy S3 is now shipping!
    Tkbredx likes this.
    10-23-2012 05:38 PM
    I just went to purchase the Obex and see that the combo package with the holster is still "coming soon". Any (more specific) idea when that will be available?

Also, I've been buying Seidio cases for years, and usually get a coupon code by email every now and then (got the Obex announcement today), but haven't seen one in a while. Any chance of getting one here (or sending one out to all your previously loyal customers)?
    10-23-2012 06:21 PM
    Yea haven't gotten anything either and no holster combo available?

10-23-2012 06:39 PM
    two more questions, how difficult is it to use the headphone jack with normal headphones? and can i still utilize the samsung charger cord to charge my phone without removing the case
    10-23-2012 09:49 PM
    I just went to purchase the Obex and see that the combo package with the holster is still "coming soon". Any (more specific) idea when that will be available?

Also, I've been buying Seidio cases for years, and usually get a coupon code by email every now and then (got the Obex announcement today), but haven't seen one in a while. Any chance of getting one here (or sending one out to all your previously loyal customers)?
    Yea haven't gotten anything either and no holster combo available?

The OBEX Combo will be available for shipping in the coming weeks. There is another option if you want to get the case now and holster later. We will have a discount promotion for the holster that will make it just $10 ($20 off MSRP) like it would be in the combo pack. However, you would need to pay shipping for the case and holster separately if you wanted to go that route.

two more questions, how difficult is it to use the headphone jack with normal headphones? and can i still utilize the samsung charger cord to charge my phone without removing the case
    The headphone jack should work fine with normal sized headphone inputs. You will also be able to charge the phone without removing the case. The latch at the bottom opens up and there is a rubber stopper that you pull out to get to the charging port.
    10-24-2012 03:19 PM
    Any chance u could test if a regular sized right angle connector works, and and post a picture? That would be a deal breaker for me if I cannot use my headphones while it's in the case!
    10-24-2012 04:18 PM
    Got one on order hopefully holster willl be available soon

10-24-2012 05:04 PM
    How does the screen protector feel? Does it distort the screen at all or does it still maintain good clarity?
    10-24-2012 09:09 PM
    How does the screen protector feel? Does it distort the screen at all or does it still maintain good clarity?
    The screen protector does not distort the screen and maintains the GS3's clarity. While it is a little thicker than our traditional screen protectors to ensure it is waterproof, it feels natural when using the screen.

Any chance u could test if a regular sized right angle connector works, and and post a picture? That would be a deal breaker for me if I cannot use my headphones while it's in the case!
    You might need to purchase an adapter if you have a right angle jack. I also attached a picture of a normal jack plugged into the phone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OBEX_Headphones1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	43003Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OBEX_Headphones2.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	43004
    10-25-2012 10:30 AM
    Charging port pictures?

10-25-2012 05:39 PM
    Charging port pictures?

Name:	OBEX_Charging1.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	43161

Name:	OBEX_Charging4.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	43162

Name:	OBEX_Charging2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	43163
    10-26-2012 09:21 AM
    Also, today (10/26) is the last day to take advantage of our discount code WEB2012 to save 10% off all orders!
    10-26-2012 09:44 AM
    Seidio,

I must say that the customer service you guys and gals have shown throughout the years (back to my Treo 650 days) is the reason why I turn to you first for my accessory needs! I am just looking at your responses to some of our more demanding questions and its good to have this kind of access.

I might have to get one for those beach days in the spring, if I dont jump ship to the Galaxy Note 2 (hint hint, you can start making one for that which incorporates a protective flap to keep the SPen secure from elements and you will have my money again)!
    10-26-2012 01:34 PM
    Just ordered mine today!
    10-26-2012 04:52 PM
    wish it was available WITHOUT the holes for the menu/back button LEDs that everyone switches off.
    ruins the whole look
    what kinda price are we talking?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-27-2012 05:02 AM
145 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD