Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Default Re: NEW Seidio OBEX Waterproof Case [Video Update]

Looks very good BUT...

Is it usable under water?
    Does the cover make it hard to press buttons?
    Can I use the phone without putting extra pressure on the screen?
    How strong is it against drops and falls? Will the case break off if it is dropped?
    Will the case be damaged (or no longer be waterproof) if it is dropped on the street or something?

I'd like to see a drop test

P.S.
    I also second a kickstand version, I prefer all my cases with kickstands!

Im looking forward to this product. Waterproofing is essential in the Pacific NW. I am just hoping rain resistance is good. Then I will be singing in rain.

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Count me in for the extended battery+this case+belt clip combo. I will pay the premium price for that!
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #54  

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    Looks very good BUT...

Is it usable under water?
    Does the cover make it hard to press buttons?
    Can I use the phone without putting extra pressure on the screen?
    How strong is it against drops and falls? Will the case break off if it is dropped?
    Will the case be damaged (or no longer be waterproof) if it is dropped on the street or something?

I'd like to see a drop test

P.S.
    I also second a kickstand version, I prefer all my cases with kickstands!
    For your underwater questions, the device's screen cannot be used under the water, because it is a capacitive screen. However, the built in screen protector does not hinder the touch screen's usage out of the water and no extra pressure is needed.

The OBEX has exceed the MIL-STD-810G testing to provide protection for your Samsung Galaxy S3. (You can read more about MIL-STD-810G .) However, if the case does get damaged this could make it no longer waterproof. We suggest testing the case without the phone if you think that it has been damaged in any way.
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for special savings and new product updates!

Will it be sold at best buy?

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

I'm starting to get the feeling this isn't going to be out in October :-(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Its wet out and we are in need of an Obex; no pressure though. Its time for me to put my OtterBox out to pasture.

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

You and me both been doing a lot of hunting lately and otter box just not cutting it

Will the OBEX be available for other Android phones? Mainly the Motorola Razr Maxx??

I have always been a huge fan of Seidio products. Please provide us a release date.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #61  

Quote Originally Posted by tmx31415 View Post
    I have always been a huge fan of Seidio products. Please provide us a release date.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    We are happy to announce that the OBEX is available and !

Quote Originally Posted by ckali7 View Post
    Will the OBEX be available for other Android phones? Mainly the Motorola Razr Maxx??
    There is a possibility that it could come for other Android phones, but there are no finalized plans at this time. I will forward your request to product development.

Quote Originally Posted by luigi1285 View Post
    I'm starting to get the feeling this isn't going to be out in October :-(

Your feelings have led you astray! The OBEX for the Samsung Galaxy S3 is now shipping!
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for special savings and new product updates!
    Tkbredx likes this.

I just went to purchase the Obex and see that the combo package with the holster is still "coming soon". Any (more specific) idea when that will be available?

Also, I've been buying Seidio cases for years, and usually get a coupon code by email every now and then (got the Obex announcement today), but haven't seen one in a while. Any chance of getting one here (or sending one out to all your previously loyal customers)?

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Default Re: NEW Seidio OBEX Waterproof Case [Now Shipping!]

Yea haven't gotten anything either and no holster combo available?

two more questions, how difficult is it to use the headphone jack with normal headphones? and can i still utilize the samsung charger cord to charge my phone without removing the case
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  

Quote Originally Posted by skidiver View Post
    I just went to purchase the Obex and see that the combo package with the holster is still "coming soon". Any (more specific) idea when that will be available?

Also, I've been buying Seidio cases for years, and usually get a coupon code by email every now and then (got the Obex announcement today), but haven't seen one in a while. Any chance of getting one here (or sending one out to all your previously loyal customers)?
    Yea haven't gotten anything either and no holster combo available?

The OBEX Combo will be available for shipping in the coming weeks. There is another option if you want to get the case now and holster later. We will have a discount promotion for the holster that will make it just $10 ($20 off MSRP) like it would be in the combo pack. However, you would need to pay shipping for the case and holster separately if you wanted to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Borarjti View Post
    two more questions, how difficult is it to use the headphone jack with normal headphones? and can i still utilize the samsung charger cord to charge my phone without removing the case
    The headphone jack should work fine with normal sized headphone inputs. You will also be able to charge the phone without removing the case. The latch at the bottom opens up and there is a rubber stopper that you pull out to get to the charging port.
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Any chance u could test if a regular sized right angle connector works, and and post a picture? That would be a deal breaker for me if I cannot use my headphones while it's in the case!

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Got one on order hopefully holster willl be available soon

How does the screen protector feel? Does it distort the screen at all or does it still maintain good clarity?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  

Quote Originally Posted by androidnoob4 View Post
    How does the screen protector feel? Does it distort the screen at all or does it still maintain good clarity?
    The screen protector does not distort the screen and maintains the GS3's clarity. While it is a little thicker than our traditional screen protectors to ensure it is waterproof, it feels natural when using the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Borarjti View Post
    Any chance u could test if a regular sized right angle connector works, and and post a picture? That would be a deal breaker for me if I cannot use my headphones while it's in the case!
    You might need to purchase an adapter if you have a right angle jack. I also attached a picture of a normal jack plugged into the phone.

SEIDIO OBEX™ Waterproof Case [NEW COLOR OPTION]-obex_headphones1.jpgSEIDIO OBEX™ Waterproof Case [NEW COLOR OPTION]-obex_headphones2.jpg
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Charging port pictures?

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  

Charging port pictures?

SEIDIO OBEX™ Waterproof Case [NEW COLOR OPTION]-obex_charging1.jpg
    SEIDIO OBEX™ Waterproof Case [NEW COLOR OPTION]-obex_charging4.jpg
    SEIDIO OBEX™ Waterproof Case [NEW COLOR OPTION]-obex_charging2.jpg
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #72  

Also, today (10/26) is the last day to take advantage of our discount code WEB2012 to save 10% off all orders!
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

Seidio,

I must say that the customer service you guys and gals have shown throughout the years (back to my Treo 650 days) is the reason why I turn to you first for my accessory needs! I am just looking at your responses to some of our more demanding questions and its good to have this kind of access.

I might have to get one for those beach days in the spring, if I dont jump ship to the Galaxy Note 2 (hint hint, you can start making one for that which incorporates a protective flap to keep the SPen secure from elements and you will have my money again)!
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue

Just ordered mine today!

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

wish it was available WITHOUT the holes for the menu/back button LEDs that everyone switches off.
    ruins the whole look
    what kinda price are we talking?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast