Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Default Re: NEW Seidio OBEX Waterproof Case [Now Shipping!]

i have never used a screen protector on this phone. still no luck with improving response.

Same...tried darn many methods... I think we need to figure how to remove the spacers, and lightly powder the screen to prevent watermark. Just like how the gen1 lifeproof got fixed ... til gen2 they improved
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #103  

Quote Originally Posted by queenkong View Post
    Same...tried darn many methods... I think we need to figure how to remove the spacers, and lightly powder the screen to prevent watermark. Just like how the gen1 lifeproof got fixed ... til gen2 they improved
    Please check out our installation video to ensure that you are installing the phone as suggested. If you have any further issues, please contact our customer service department and we will assist you in every way possible. (832.204.1118)

SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for special savings and new product updates!

Where is the kickstand shown in this review of the Obex case coming from? On the Seido website I didn't see any pictures showing a kickstand as a part of the Obex case.

[REVIEW] Seidio OBEX Waterproof Case For Galaxy S3 | Android Unite | Android News To The Masses

Global Posts
    2,817 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

Quote Originally Posted by mty msi View Post
    Where is the kickstand shown in this review of the Obex case coming from? On the Seido website I didn't see any pictures showing a kickstand as a part of the Obex case.

[REVIEW] Seidio OBEX Waterproof Case For Galaxy S3 | Android Unite | Android News To The Masses
    That isn't a kickstand, it's a dock/stand used for reviewing.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue

Looks like it would work perfectly for a desktop, do you know where they can be purchased?

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

And still haven't received my case. Was ordered on 10/26

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Did exactly as video posted. Screen sensitivity still an issue!

@Seidio admin, how to remove the spacers?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #109  

Quote Originally Posted by luigi1285 View Post
    And still haven't received my case. Was ordered on 10/26

Our customer service team has tried contacting you to resolve this issue. I believe they were going to try and send you a new case because of your situation. Please contact them so that we can take care of this for you. (832-204-1118)

Quote Originally Posted by queenkong View Post
    Did exactly as video posted. Screen sensitivity still an issue!

@Seidio admin, how to remove the spacers?
    I do apologize for the issues you are having, but we do not suggest removing the spacers on the screen protector. You should contact our customers service team at 832-204-1118 for further assistance or about possibly getting a replacement if you are still running into screen issues.
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for special savings and new product updates!

Global Posts
    1,108 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - but Rooted

Default Re: NEW Seidio Product Line - OBEX Waterproof Case

Quote Originally Posted by camiller View Post
    More common for me is to have it fall from my shirt pocket into my son's bathwater. If it protects the phone from 5" of water for 3.5 seconds I'm good with it.

---------- Post Merged at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Going to have a kickstand version?
    I will have a kickstand4u tm soon and it should fit on whatever case you have quite nicely:

Link to info and where to order:
    kickstand4u tm Intro - Designs by RemoteSystems tm, Inc.

Link to picture showing kickstand4u tm mounted to different devices
    http://www.remotesystems.com/images/...0multiview.jpg

Link to animated 3D rendering showing multiple views

Link to the currently available finishes
    http://www.remotesystems.com/images/all%20samples.jpg

As of 11-22-2012, the kickstand4u tm is now available. Please use the Promotion Code without quotes "XDA" for nice discount and to say thanks to all of you! Please help me spread the word. I hope you enjoy the kickstand4u tm as much as I do. I will have another development coming soon made specifically for tablets of all sizes. I will post information about that here. Enjoy!
    Last edited by mouseglider; 11-23-2012 at 10:56 AM.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (tweaked and rooted)
    Samsung Epic 4G (retired rooted backup)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Apple iPad 3 (yes, I have one of those also)
    kickstand4u mobile kickstands for all mobile devices

Oh my! I rooted my SGS3!
    Rock Solid and Perfect!

Just come across this thread and thought I would share my review of the OBEX

Any questions please ask.
    Thanked by:

I'm waiting to see what the upcoming Lifeproof GS3 waterproof case looks like. Viewing their iPhone case it appears to be less bulky than the Obex. For the high cost of these cases I definitely want to be able to compare the two.

Global Posts
    1,858 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Quote Originally Posted by Oli2k View Post
    Just come across this thread and thought I would share my review of the OBEX

Any questions please ask.
    Thank you a lot. Oli. Good work as usual.

Posting this question in all the forums related to this case. I purchased my OBEX case today at BEST BUY and I would really like to get the holster for it, is there any possible way to get a code for a discount to order this from the SEIDIO website??
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #115  

Quote Originally Posted by bogdaryl View Post
    Posting this question in all the forums related to this case. I purchased my OBEX case today at BEST BUY and I would really like to get the holster for it, is there any possible way to get a code for a discount to order this from the SEIDIO website??
    Best Buy should already have the holster in their stores, but some stores have gotten the case before the holster. You can check back with the store to see if they have gotten any in, but you are able to purchase the holster separately through our website as well.

We unfortunately do not have any promotions or discount codes available at this time, but there might be some later this month for the upcoming holiday season.
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Sensitivity is horrible. Love the case but it is almost unusable

So Any one figure out how to get the sensitivity back?

Last edited by luigi1285; 11-17-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

So Any one get this to work right?

ROM
    MOAR 9

I was anxiously awaiting this case, but after reading all the sensitivity issues I will not spend that much money to become aggravated. Will keep using my Ballistic at the jobsite for now.
    HTC One (M8) Stock For Now.
    David

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Well I called customer service today about the sensitivity issue. They told me within a week they will be releasing a revised version of the case. Think I may return it and wait till a proven version is out

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

And the saga continues. Got a replacement obex and it still sucks. Touch starts out perfect the progressively gets worse and worse. To top it all off still sounds like a tin can when using the phone

I'll give Obex a chance to improve by the time LifeProof comes out. I'll make my decision then. Keep up the helpful feedback guys

Hi,

Do you have any UK suppliers or stockists I can buy one of your OBEX Combo cases for my Samsung Galaxy S3?

Thanks.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #123  

Quote Originally Posted by steveo205 View Post
    Hi,

Do you have any UK suppliers or stockists I can buy one of your OBEX Combo cases for my Samsung Galaxy S3?

Thanks.
    Unfortunately, I don't believe that we have an UK retailers that have the OBEX in stock. However, we do ship to the UK from our online store.
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

I am a little upset. I was gifted this case by my brother and it is garbage. I wish my bro would have waited, but his impulsiveness bought this product right after it came out because he knew I was getting an S3 and I am always complaining how companies do not make their electronics waterproof and/or resistant. Well his heart was in the right place. I really do not understand why Seidio dropped the ball on this one. The products I have used and seen from Seidio have been of good quality. I have read the reviews and watched many videos, but nothing can get this case to work correctly. The previous video (posted on this thread) surprised me; his virtual buttons worked and his finger actually operated the screen. Did other countries get the working product and the US get all the rejects. I would understand this marketing ploy us; sell the masses junk and while everyone complains only a small portion will attempt a refund. Well I would like my brother to get a refund and then he can either wait for a lifeproof to get me or some other case, but the warranty is out of date (the fallback of buying gifts for others that companies are aware of and are taking full advantage of). If I knew he was getting me a case from Seidio I would have requested a different one based on the reviews I saw. Do not get me wrong, in my experience, Seidio has always had good quality merchandise at a reasonable price, but this Obex is BullHonky.

The only good use for Obex:
    If I put a rock in it it would make a decent paperweight.

P.S.
    I have read many complaints about the headphone jack... ever hear of a technology called of bluetooth?

Just bought the obex yesterday through bestbuy. I'll be returning it today. The sensitivity wasn't bad, but the voice quality was terrible. That issue definitely needs to be addressed if a revised version is being made. If not I'll be waiting for Lifeproof.

Sent from my S3-X
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast