SEIDIO OBEX? Waterproof Case [NEW COLOR OPTION]

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: NEW Seidio OBEX Waterproof Case [Video Update]

damn..this is a must buy for people worried about water damage or if they don't have a case yet.

I was wondering...I just learned about the LifeJacket for the LifeProof. The name describes what it is meant to do. Virtually the "Lifejacket" is a life jacket for the water proof phone. We know that the phones are water proof with a life proof case or in this case the Seidio Obex. The case will save my phone from being damaged while doing any sort of activity like canoeing. The "LifeJacket" helps so that the phone won't drop to the bottom of the river, creek, lake so one you don't lose it, but it also prevents the phone/case from getting that wet.

I noticed you guys do a lot of combos with your products (new product designed to be used as a fusion with another seidio product) so it got me wondering.

Wu-zi

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

is this case easy to take on/off? Just curious because I'm a daily battery swapper but would love a case like this!

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

damn..this is a must buy for people worried about water damage or if they don't have a case yet.

I was wondering...I just learned about the LifeJacket for the LifeProof. The name describes what it is meant to do. Virtually the "Lifejacket" is a life jacket for the water proof phone. We know that the phones are water proof with a life proof case or in this case the Seidio Obex. The case will save my phone from being damaged while doing any sort of activity like canoeing. The "LifeJacket" helps so that the phone won't drop to the bottom of the river, creek, lake so one you don't lose it, but it also prevents the phone/case from getting that wet.

I noticed you guys do a lot of combos with your products (new product designed to be used as a fusion with another seidio product) so it got me wondering.

The OBEX will be available in a case/holster combo, but we do not have any plans for a flotation device to accompany the OBEX.

is this case easy to take on/off? Just curious because I'm a daily battery swapper but would love a case like this!

The case is relatively easy to take on and off. However, we do suggest against frequent removal because that leaves room to potentially damage the case and that could render it no longer waterproof.

Wu-zi

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Ok thanks for the reply!

Any chance that there in the works of making a obex case but with an extended battery attached ??

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Ok thanks for the reply!

Any chance that there in the works of making a obex case but with an extended battery attached ??

We have not finalized any plans for an extended OBEX case that is compatible with an extended battery at this time. I will forward your request to product development though.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

We have not finalized any plans for an extended OBEX case that is compatible with an extended battery at this time. I will forward your request to product development though.

If you guys get this then it'd just kill me. Too good to be true. Be the best accessory company ever

Probably would be super expensive but definitely worth it. Awesome idea

luigi1285

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

So when is it going to be released its already the 17th

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

So when is it going to be released its already the 17th

I do apologize for the delay, but we are doing everything possible to get this product out to you guys as soon as possible.

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

please hurry up, lol just as long as it doesnt affect the build and quality of the finished product, i want this case more than JB

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Looks very good BUT...

Is it usable under water?
Does the cover make it hard to press buttons?
Can I use the phone without putting extra pressure on the screen?
How strong is it against drops and falls? Will the case break off if it is dropped?
Will the case be damaged (or no longer be waterproof) if it is dropped on the street or something?

I'd like to see a drop test

P.S.
I also second a kickstand version, I prefer all my cases with kickstands!

jeff...

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

Im looking forward to this product. Waterproofing is essential in the Pacific NW. I am just hoping rain resistance is good. Then I will be singing in rain.

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

Count me in for the extended battery+this case+belt clip combo. I will pay the premium price for that!

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Looks very good BUT...

Is it usable under water?
Does the cover make it hard to press buttons?
Can I use the phone without putting extra pressure on the screen?
How strong is it against drops and falls? Will the case break off if it is dropped?
Will the case be damaged (or no longer be waterproof) if it is dropped on the street or something?

I'd like to see a drop test

P.S.
I also second a kickstand version, I prefer all my cases with kickstands!

For your underwater questions, the device's screen cannot be used under the water, because it is a capacitive screen. However, the built in screen protector does not hinder the touch screen's usage out of the water and no extra pressure is needed.

The OBEX has exceed the MIL-STD-810G testing to provide protection for your Samsung Galaxy S3. (You can read more about MIL-STD-810G here.) However, if the case does get damaged this could make it no longer waterproof. We suggest testing the case without the phone if you think that it has been damaged in any way.

luigi1285

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm starting to get the feeling this isn't going to be out in October :-(

jeff...

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

Its wet out and we are in need of an Obex; no pressure though. Its time for me to put my OtterBox out to pasture.

luigi1285

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

You and me both been doing a lot of hunting lately and otter box just not cutting it

ckali7

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Will the OBEX be available for other Android phones? Mainly the Motorola Razr Maxx??

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I have always been a huge fan of Seidio products. Please provide us a release date.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums