SEIDIO OBEX? Waterproof Case [NEW COLOR OPTION]

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Re: NEW Seidio OBEX Waterproof Case [Video Update]

I have always been a huge fan of Seidio products. Please provide us a release date.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

We are happy to announce that the OBEX is available and now shipping from our online store!

Will the OBEX be available for other Android phones? Mainly the Motorola Razr Maxx??

There is a possibility that it could come for other Android phones, but there are no finalized plans at this time. I will forward your request to product development.

I'm starting to get the feeling this isn't going to be out in October :-(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Your feelings have led you astray! The OBEX for the Samsung Galaxy S3 is now shipping!

skidiver

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: NEW Seidio OBEX Waterproof Case [Video Update]

I just went to purchase the Obex and see that the combo package with the holster is still "coming soon". Any (more specific) idea when that will be available?

Also, I've been buying Seidio cases for years, and usually get a coupon code by email every now and then (got the Obex announcement today), but haven't seen one in a while. Any chance of getting one here (or sending one out to all your previously loyal customers)?

luigi1285

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: NEW Seidio OBEX Waterproof Case [Now Shipping!]

Yea haven't gotten anything either and no holster combo available?

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

two more questions, how difficult is it to use the headphone jack with normal headphones? and can i still utilize the samsung charger cord to charge my phone without removing the case

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I just went to purchase the Obex and see that the combo package with the holster is still "coming soon". Any (more specific) idea when that will be available?

Also, I've been buying Seidio cases for years, and usually get a coupon code by email every now and then (got the Obex announcement today), but haven't seen one in a while. Any chance of getting one here (or sending one out to all your previously loyal customers)?

Yea haven't gotten anything either and no holster combo available?

The OBEX Combo will be available for shipping in the coming weeks. There is another option if you want to get the case now and holster later. We will have a discount promotion for the holster that will make it just $10 ($20 off MSRP) like it would be in the combo pack. However, you would need to pay shipping for the case and holster separately if you wanted to go that route.

two more questions, how difficult is it to use the headphone jack with normal headphones? and can i still utilize the samsung charger cord to charge my phone without removing the case

The headphone jack should work fine with normal sized headphone inputs. You will also be able to charge the phone without removing the case. The latch at the bottom opens up and there is a rubber stopper that you pull out to get to the charging port.

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

Any chance u could test if a regular sized right angle connector works, and and post a picture? That would be a deal breaker for me if I cannot use my headphones while it's in the case!

luigi1285

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

Got one on order hopefully holster willl be available soon

AppleGeek21

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

How does the screen protector feel? Does it distort the screen at all or does it still maintain good clarity?

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

How does the screen protector feel? Does it distort the screen at all or does it still maintain good clarity?

The screen protector does not distort the screen and maintains the GS3's clarity. While it is a little thicker than our traditional screen protectors to ensure it is waterproof, it feels natural when using the screen.

Any chance u could test if a regular sized right angle connector works, and and post a picture? That would be a deal breaker for me if I cannot use my headphones while it's in the case!

You might need to purchase an adapter if you have a right angle jack. I also attached a picture of a normal jack plugged into the phone.

OBEX_Headphones1.jpgOBEX_Headphones2.jpg

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Also, today (10/26) is the last day to take advantage of our discount code WEB2012 to save 10% off all orders!

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

Seidio,

I must say that the customer service you guys and gals have shown throughout the years (back to my Treo 650 days) is the reason why I turn to you first for my accessory needs! I am just looking at your responses to some of our more demanding questions and its good to have this kind of access.

I might have to get one for those beach days in the spring, if I dont jump ship to the Galaxy Note 2 (hint hint, you can start making one for that which incorporates a protective flap to keep the SPen secure from elements and you will have my money again)!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

wish it was available WITHOUT the holes for the menu/back button LEDs that everyone switches off.
ruins the whole look :(
what kinda price are we talking?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

wish it was available WITHOUT the holes for the menu/back button LEDs that everyone switches off.
ruins the whole look :(
what kinda price are we talking?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

$80 and Life Proof is coming out with a case around the same pricing. Only problem is you have to wait but I want to see a comparison between the two so I'll wait. Although I kind of want to try the obex. I'm sure they're both great cases. Proud of Seidio for actually listening to us and getting this out in a timely fashion. Which is why I'm leaning towards the Obex

luigi1285

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

Mine shipped but the tracking number doesn't give any info when you track it been like that for days . Lil annoying

Last edited:

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Mine shipped but the tracking number doesn't give any info when you track it been like that for days . Lil annoying

If you send me your order number in a PM, then I can try and get you some more accurate tracking information.

jasper182

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Received mine on Friday. Fit is good and very solid.

Have been disappointed with how hard I have to type to get a response on the phone. Swipes get interrupted as you are scrolling and pinch zooming.
Also, the bottom capacitive buttons for menu and return almost never respond.

I have tried reinstalling the phone in the case with no luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000