SEIDIO OBEX? Waterproof Case [NEW COLOR OPTION]

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
[UPDATE] The OBEX? for the Samsung Galaxy S3 is now available in a WHITE color option!

CSWSSGS3-WH-2.jpg

[UPDATE] The OBEX? for the Samsung Galaxy S3 is now shipping!

Hello All,

We are happy to announce that we have an ALL NEW product line coming, and we wanted to give our fellow Android Central users a sneak peek! Enjoy...

314170_10151206034504796_50195768_n.jpg

Think you know what's coming? Let us know what you think it might be!

Last edited:

bailman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully something along the lines of the lifeproof or armor series. I love my seidio case, would love some waterproof protection though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Is it a repaired image link?!? Boy i hope so.....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Lol +1 :p

Hopefully something along the lines of the lifeproof or armor series. I love my seidio case, would love some waterproof protection though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

That would be perfect. First life proof like case for any android phone. Would make me the happiest man alive.

I also am kind of hoping it is a 2500-3000mah battery although I doubt it. And I also rather a life proof case

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: ALL NEW Product Line from Seidio

A lifeproof case with an additional 2500-3000 mah battery using super thin battery?..just the lifeproof will work too. I'm currently hoping the first android lifeproof case to come out is for the S3.

.:edit:.

is it the Seidio Active Extended Case w/ Metal Kickstand. I swear Extended case and Active case were total different things.

or is it something else

Last edited:

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

You all are good at these guessing games... Check out the all new OBEX Case!

Protecting your Samsung Galaxy S3 is not always easy, but Seidio?s OBEX? utilizes advance technology that not only safeguards your device against drops, but also keeps external elements like water, snow, mud, other liquids, dust, and sand from damaging your device.

CSWSSGS3-BK-3.jpg

CSWSSGS3-BK-4.jpg

CSWSSGS3-BK-8.jpg

Check out our website for more information about the Seidio OBEX Waterproof Case!

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site

Looks like it will protect well but awfully bulky. One of the many things I like about the GS3 is how thin and sexy it is. My Acase Superleggera dual piece case is bulky enough, but if I ever go sailing or have an outdoor trip coming up this might be a good option.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: NEW Seidio Product Line - OBEX Waterproof Case

Looks about like the thickness of a otterbox which is okay (near limit of thickness.) By waterproof do we mean rain drops, or drop in a pool kind of thing.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes! A new line for the galaxy s3 that isn't available for iPhone. Love it

Galaxy s3 first revolutionary android device in terms of accessories. Way to go seidio. Buying this immediately :)

Thanks. Exactly what I wanted

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Looks about like the thickness of a otterbox which is okay (near limit of thickness.) By waterproof do we mean rain drops, or drop in a pool kind of thing.

The OBEX Case exceeds the IP68 rating, which signifies that it is both dust-tight and protected against complete, continuous submersion in water 1 meter deep for at least 30 minutes.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

Cool case, seriously.

Next time I join Bear on Man vs Wild and I need to use my S3 this case will be perfect.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

That case looks nice!

When is it going to be for sale? Coming soon is too vague.

kpromero

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

1 meter is not that deep and only for 30 minutes. Would love for Lifeproof to come out with one, since i had one on my iPhone and loved it. would show it off by throwing it in my 6' deep pool and just letting it sit at the bottom and after an hour or so taking it out and seeing people freak out over it.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

1 meter is not that deep and only for 30 minutes. Would love for Lifeproof to come out with one, since i had one on my iPhone and loved it. would show it off by throwing it in my 6' deep pool and just letting it sit at the bottom and after an hour or so taking it out and seeing people freak out over it.

No it stays under much longer and father under water. That is the just a standard for the military rating of the case

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

That case looks nice!

When is it going to be for sale? Coming soon is too vague.

The OBEX for the Samsung Galaxy S III is looking at an ETA of October. We will have more information regarding a specific release date in the coming weeks.

The OBEX has been tested to work in up to 2 meters of water for 30 minutes.

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site

More common for me is to have it fall from my shirt pocket into my son's bathwater. If it protects the phone from 5" of water for 3.5 seconds I'm good with it.

---------- Post Merged at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:11 PM ----------

You all are good at these guessing games... Check out the all new OBEX Case!

Protecting your Samsung Galaxy S3 is not always easy, but Seidio’s OBEX™ utilizes advance technology that not only safeguards your device against drops, but also keeps external elements like water, snow, mud, other liquids, dust, and sand from damaging your device.

http://www.seidioonline.com/v/vspfiles/photos/CSWSSGS3-BK-3.jpg

http://www.seidioonline.com/v/vspfiles/photos/CSWSSGS3-BK-4.jpg

http://www.seidioonline.com/v/vspfiles/photos/CSWSSGS3-BK-8.jpg

Check out our website for more information about the Seidio OBEX Waterproof Case!

Going to have a kickstand version?

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

More common for me is to have it fall from my shirt pocket into my son's bathwater. If it protects the phone from 5" of water for 3.5 seconds I'm good with it.

---------- Post Merged at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Going to have a kickstand version?

At this time, we do not have a kickstand version coming, but I will forward that request to our product development team to let them know there is interest in a kickstand version.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463