Anker 4400mah Extended Battery Review

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Good Afternoon Everybody!! And Happy Labor Day!! This is my very first thread, and it's to review the Anker 4400mah Extended Battery that Laptopmate sent me for free to review. I want to start off by saying that this was my first time fully draining this battery (from 100% down to 8%) since I received it a few days ago. I will be doing a few more real world tests to try to cover more ground with this battery. The package they sent me included the battery and 1 blue battery cover, pretty much the same as the one Qcell sent me. It took me 4 days to drain this battery. I'm enlisted in the Coast Guard, and while I'm at work, we're required to have our phones in Airplane Mode when we work in a secured space. I usually work 2 days at a time, so that is why the battery lasted 4 days. With moderate to heavy usage on 3g and 4g, listening to music at the gym and in the truck, downloading torrents, phone calls, and sending texts and emails, etc I got 7 hours of screen time. I could have gotten more if I had drained the battery down to 1%, although Laptopmate recommends that you don't let it drain below 5%. Note: Your mileage will vary, because I usually turn my data off when I'm not using it. I don't Facebook much, and I usually know when I need to email somebody, or when somebody needs to email me, so that is why I turn it off. I will do another test with 4g on all day, and see how that fares out. Note: This battery does not come with NFC. A future one may include it, but this one does not. For the money I think it's a good deal Amazon.com: [1 Year Warranty]Anker? 4400mAh Galaxy S3 Extended Battery and Back Door for Galaxy SIII GT-I9300, T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung T999, AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung I747, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung I535, U.S. Cellular Samsung. It's only $12.99 at Amazon, and that probably makes it the cheapest good quality extended battery. The Qcell 4200 mah battery is back down to $21.99, and has NFC, so if NFC is important to you, then you should go ahead and pick that one up. But, if NFC isn't that important to you, then this battery is a steal at $12.99. Thanks for your time everybody. I'll post another review in a few days in this same thread. Keep it locked to AC :cool:

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
How thick does this make your phone?
Please post some side-shots.

Is there a case that fits?
It doesn't make the phone too much thicker. It actually has a nice feel to it with the extended battery. Currently, only Hyperion makes a case that fits 4400 mah extended batteries. The black one is the cheapest one at $4.99 Amazon.com: Hyperion Samsung Galaxy S III Extended Battery HoneyComb TPU Case Black (Hyperion Retail Packaging) **Compatible with ALL Hyperion, Qcell, Onite, Anker, and most Generic Galaxy S3 Extended Battery Models**: Cell Phones & Accessories. The other colors are only $9.99. I can post some side shots when my room mate gets home, because I don't have another phone with me

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't make the phone too much thicker...

Some say the same about the Otterbox Defender line of cases though to me those are monsters.

So if you don't mind, since you have a device with the battery, please post some of your own pics to show the size with & without the battery.

Thanks.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Damn. I blew my chance. I should've just hoped for the best and sent my address for my battery. I really need one of these too lol. Glad you like it. Try to get the picture up man :D. If love a comparison in size. That's why I'm hesitant about getting one. Don't want that extra weight

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Damn. I blew my chance. I should've just hoped for the best and sent my address for my battery. I really need one of these too lol. Glad you like it. Try to get the picture up man :D. If love a comparison in size. That's why I'm hesitant about getting one. Don't want that extra weight
For some reason, my laptop wouldn't upload them, so I just used my phone instead. These are pics I took with the hyperion tpu case on it. I was only able to take a few pictures before my friend left. In my opinion, the battery combined with the case makes the phone feel great! But, this is coming from a guy that only used Motorola phones before the Galaxy S3 :p And because of the low price of the battery, it wasn't a huge loss. I initially thought giving them my address was a horrible idea after the fact :eek: I don't get too many free things, which is why I figured nothing would come of it. I hope my review was helpful ;)

Reactions: Tkbredx

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. Lol. Maybe it's not too late for me to see. I'll email them tomorrow.

Thanks. Pics are.nice. looks no thicker than an iPhone :p

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I was asked to review this product but I declined as I wasn't really having an issue with battery life. I was also concerned with drop and screen protection as well as bulk even though I have an OB Defender case.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I was asked to review this product but I declined as I wasn't really having an issue with battery life. I was also concerned with drop and screen protection as well as bulk even though I have an OB Defender case.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
Yeah, I wasn't having an issue with the stock battery life either. The stock battery life for this phone is amazing. To be honest, I would be tempted to go back to the stock battery due to the awesome case I had Amazon.com: White and Black Kickstand Hybrid Case Hard Gel Cover w/ Stand for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300, I747 (Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T): Cell Phones & Accessories. Frankly, there are no "good" cases for the Galaxy S3 with an extended battery. The Hyperion case is literally one of the only brands that fits all extended batteries. Qcell makes a Tpu case, but it will only fit batteries up to 4200mah, even though they advertise their battery to be 4400mah :p The case I had was solid and protected the screen as well. These extended battery cases provide minimal protection at best. Bulk is not really an issue to me. But, coming from a guy that used Motorola phones, I love the bulkness because it makes the phone feel solid in hand. And that's one major reason why, other than the battery life, I like the extended batteries.

Kidrockerz

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have that battery too and lasted me for at least 2 days with moderate to heavy use. I really like the feel than the original battery on it. I bought mine through amazon last cyber monday. However, I am not really sure if I got a right back door (peeble blue color) with this brand as the one I got looked like an onite back door. If it's okay if you can post your back door too? Thanks.