Any news on the wireless charger?

terry.h

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have any news on the Galaxy S3 wireless charger?

I heard it was coming in September but still nothing. It's one of the features I was looking forward to.

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I saw the iPhone 5 vs GS3 Comparo on Android Central yesterday and noticed that it has wireless charging. Coming from a Pre, I would enjoy this feature if it can work through the majority of cases and only requires a new back plate.

Neotravy

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Been wondering the same and can't wait for something to come out I can use. The Verizon one was too big to use with my kickstand case and this one from the UK looks to be too big too. If the Samsung one is too big for my case then I'm out of luck. :(

LeviathanPT

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Would be a really cool product to have, but since they took almost 5 months to release the Allshare Cast Dongle i cant imagine how long it will take untill this is out. :|

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
honestly I dont see much meaning of a wireless charge..

One of the biggest reasons why I want it is because after a couple years of plugging/unplugging your phone the USB port wares out and then it become difficult to get a good connection when you're trying to plug in your phone. My last two Android phones got this way, and my wife's last Android phone got to the point where she couldn't get it to charge at all unless she held the cord in and had to replace the phone. It gets very frustrating to get my phones to charge when this happens... and it only took a little bump to to wiggle the cord enough to loose connection and stop charging. Using wireless charging would greatly reduce the ware on my phone's USB port, since the only time I would have to plug it in is when I'm in the car.

Also, I'm going to have a charging pad on my desk at work and coffee table at home. By doing this my battery would keep a charge longer because every I set my phone down on the table or desk, like I frequently do now, I'll set it on the charging pad.

So for me there is a lot of meaning in wireless charging.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11