Samsng S3 & Monster Controltalk

banistersmind

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I just received a pair of Beats by Dr. Dre headphones for my birthday (the Solo HD model) and I am looking for a solution to the functionality of the Controltalk cable. So far, I don't have volume functionality for the controls and wonder if there is a solution for this. I get the impression that it is a software related function.

Currently, I have Beats audio driver installed on my phone and I'm using PowerAmp for my music.

Would appreciate any help.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

banistersmind

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the cable that has been mentioned in previous posts and am waiting to receive it. I'll feed back how I get on.

banistersmind

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the free version of this app with my Beats Solo HD and the early guff is that it does work. Need to play around with the customization a little more but it does work.

banistersmind

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, I just received my cable in the post yesterday and I can confirm that it works really well. At this point, the fast forward and rewind buttons are actually allocated to volume up/down but I'm guessing that with some customization, I could change the configuration.

Calls are a breeze, the mic works beautifully.

Build quality is quite reasonable at first glance. The rubber coating is slightly stiffer than the Monster cable, but the controls look and feel solid. I can't really detect any difference in sound quality but tbh I've never been convinced by the argument that more expensive cables make any difference in sound quality anyway.

So, this ebay purchase gets a tick from me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38