Need suggestions - Case / Holster combo for extended battery

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have been toying with the idea of buying an extended battery so I can stop paying attention to battery life. I think the phone actually has good battery life, but I sometimes hesitate doing things on the phone for fear of running short.

Here is what I need: I looked at Seidio and they offer an extended battery along with an Active case and holster. The battery is $75 with NFC and the case / holster is another $55. That's a lot of dough!!! I need a case / holster like the Seidio one, but I don't want to fork over $130. I have seen the Hyperion batteries on Amazon, but the cases you can get for them seem cheap and no holster.

Has anyone come across what I am looking for at a reasonable price point? As an added benefit, if the case had a nice tactile feel like my Otterbox Defender, I would be really happy. I hate giving up the OB, but I think a bigger battery would be nice.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I think you might be right from the lack of responses.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

J6782J

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, I have a Hyperion extended battery with a Seidio extended battery door cover. I use a Seido Surface ext batt and holster combo. I also use a Seido Active ext batt and holster combo. Both work well and I didn't have many options to say the least. It wasn't cheap.

J6782J

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to mention I used the Otterbox Defender too. Felt wayyy too bulky compared to the Seidio Active. I go Seidio if possible. The active still has some silicone around the body that gives you that grippy feeling. Not completely like the Otterbox, but enough to provide feeling so you won't drop it. Ask me how I know...lol. I wish the Seidio's were cheaper.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
You can buy an anker battery or Hyperion battery for like 15$.

These batteries fit in seidios back cover. So buy the seidio back cover for like 10$ (have to tell customer service you would like to buy the cover).

Then you can buy a tpu case off Amazon or get seidios case that fits with this back. The active or the surface. For like another 30. It's like 40$ cheaper and more effective this way

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
He'd have to buy a extended batt back door cover, ext batt, and holster. Probably around $60ish or so. Just keep in mind that the phone won't have any sort of protection, just the holster.

I was thinking that holster worked with the extended battery back anyway but now that I think of it the S3 isn't like that. You are correct.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Kent Gray1

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a galaxy s4 with a 5500 mah mugen power battery. The battery is expensive but there are comparable cheaper ones out there. It was $89. I bought a Hyperion snap on case off eBay and it is sharp and high quality for $9.99. It fit perfectly. For further protection I bought a VO78 extra large smart phone holster also off eBay for $9.99. I have to have a belt clip. It is magnetic and also good quality. Once again a very good fit. I have a friend who kids me because he says I look like I have a repair kit attached to me but I'm very pleased with it. The s4 is a big phone as it is and extended battery makes it even bigger. The battery life has basically tripled and while the added protection might seem large I love it and it truly isn't that heavy or bulky. Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair