Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By smooth4lyfe
  • 2 Post By Donoghan
  • 1 Post By smooth4lyfe
  • 1 Post By smooth4lyfe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4200mah Extended Battery for Galaxy GS3

Whopping 4200mah Battery with NFC for the Galaxy GS3, which comes with a bigger back cover for the phone
    As expected, it will increase your phone's size to be much bulkier, and there is only one supported case for it
    If you need all that extra battery power, go ahead, here is the link

Amazon.com: Hyperion Samsung Galaxy S3 4200mAh Extended Battery + White Back Cover (Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300, AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i747, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i535, T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung T999,

4200mah Extended Battery for Galaxy GS3-41w2w6rdrxl._sl500_aa300_.jpg 4200mah Extended Battery for Galaxy GS3-31ffb2diiql._aa300_.jpg

Default Re: 4200mah Extended Battery for Galaxy GS3

Yeah I had one delivered yesterday (pebble blue version). So far so good on extra battery life. It does add bulk but the extra thickness and weight is actually kind of nice.

geekymcfly and Romeo Bravo like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I would get it but I wish it had more compatible cases other than that one by the battery company
    MERCDROID likes this.

Global Posts
    2,123 Global Posts
    Carrier
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    I would get it but I wish it had more compatible cases other than that one by the battery company
    if you buy seidios extended battery back cover it fits with this battery. Meaning you can use their surface extended battery case or the active extended battery case which offers the most protection out of any extended battery case and it has a kick stand I believe. Might cost you a chunk though

Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Cyanogen 6.1

Default 4200mah Extended Battery for Galaxy GS3

I like the slimness and like to have it in a case, so any places to purchase the battery that came with the phone? The 2100mAh?

Global Posts
    2,123 Global Posts
    Carrier
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

everywhere. Cheap versions on Amazon and eBay and hundreds of other sites. Or you could buy the real thing from Samsung's website

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    And that is the reason why I went back to my stock battery. I absolutely loved the amount of extra usage is could get from using both of my extended batteries, but the lack of cases turned me off from them.

I ordered a Spigen case from Amazon as soon as I switched back to the stock battery. Can't wait for it to get here.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by MERCDROID View Post
    And that is the reason why I went back to my stock battery. I absolutely loved the amount of extra usage is could get from using both of my extended batteries, but the lack of cases turned me off from them.

I ordered a Spigen case from Amazon as soon as I switched back to the stock battery. Can't wait for it to get here.
    4200mah Extended Battery for Galaxy GS3-41ovarpqvpl._aa300_.jpg
    I actually ordered the 4200mah Battery and I found this case which seems to fit pretty well! Looks pretty sleek too. If only I can find one with a kickstand besides the expensive Seido one

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S3 - i9300 Extended Battery TPU Case Black and Exclusive Black And Green Color Key Chain Kit: Cell Phones & Accessories

This is my usage using the battery today. I really don't know if I'll ever get two days. Well my screen shot isn't posting. I'm 10%.lost within a hr and a half.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

Its good to know that the y have these but I really don't need the extra battery. The stick one that came with the phone lasts me all day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Why are some batteries cheap like this one and some expensive? Like Mugen's for instance?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I have my 4200mah Bettery now
    I have been using my phone all day, and currently watching and almost halfway through "The Odyssey" movie and full brightness and the battery refuses to go down quickly! I Love it!
    Donoghan likes this.

Just got my hyperion battery.

It says initial charge should be for 12 hours. Does that mean I put it in the phone and charge for 12 hours or put it in and drain the battery to 0% and then charge for 12 hours?

I originally bought it so I could get through work on one charge, but it might come in handy with FrankenStorm coming.

Carrier
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by mikesmith View Post
    Just got my hyperion battery.

It says initial charge should be for 12 hours. Does that mean I put it in the phone and charge for 12 hours or put it in and drain the battery to 0% and then charge for 12 hours?

I originally bought it so I could get through work on one charge, but it might come in handy with FrankenStorm coming.
    I've heard that you really don't need to do that. Because the batteries aren't like the old flip phones and don't need to be conditioned. I have the 3800 for my nexus. I have two. I conditioned the first time. And the second oneI charged it til 100%. Both work the same. Also one is trexcell and the other is the Hyperion. So u can if you want, bit you reallly don't have 2

Quote Originally Posted by Donoghan View Post
    Yeah I had one delivered yesterday (pebble blue version). So far so good on extra battery life. It does add bulk but the extra thickness and weight is actually kind of nice.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/18/a5u3ypum.jpg
    I get that kind of battery life on my stock battery

Sent from my Rooted Galaxy S3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4200mah Extended Battery for Galaxy GS3-uploadfromtaptalk1351434735619.jpg