Why does every S3 Carrier Sub Forum have its own Accessories Forum?

Yell0w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Makes it a bit confusing, cause one question may be post into a specific carrier but can also help others but they won't see it cause they wouldn't click into a carrier that they aren't with.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Makes it a bit confusing, cause one question may be post into a specific carrier but can also help others but they won't see it cause they wouldn't click into a carrier that they aren't with.

Totally agree with you. I am a Verizon S3 user and I am sure there are great accessory posts in the other carrier accessory subforums. Unless there is a reason otherwise, I think there should be only one S3 accessory forum.

JMO

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I can't speak for administration here but I believe the whole reason behind setting up the individual device specific sub forums for accessories is there will always be carrier specific branded accessories. So rather than have a general 1 stop shop forum it's divided up for this reason. Also could have something to do with search engines on the internet..

Again I'm not sure about this but its a good guess on my part.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I can't speak for administration here but I believe the whole reason behind setting up the individual device specific sub forums for accessories is there will always be carrier specific branded accessories. So rather than have a general 1 stop shop forum it's divided up for this reason. Also could have something to do with search engines on the internet..

Exactly what I was going to say. Not only are there accessories branded for specific carriers, but there are also accessories that only work with a specific carriers. Like batteries that can only run on specific models of a phone. But the S3 are basically the same with all US carriers so I don't know why they have a separate forum

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I was gonna say the same thing!