| || |
Re: Scosche tapline/slideline headset compatability? And audio/mount motorcycle solutions.
Sooo, I took the plunge anyway and bought the scosche hp253md with slideline.
1) Works perfectly in a motorcycle helmet. The mic is inside and the controls are out.
2) The button does work to do the same features as the stock headset (play/pause, answer/end calls) and the volume slider too.
3) Audio quality is surprisingly half-decent for a $15 iem using dsp but still a far cry from my UE super.fi 5's.
4) 45° stereo plug connector
1) I still can't initiate calls by pushing and holding the button (later realized that this isn't a normal android wired headset behavior, was just used to bt)
That being said, I found the perfect workaround to make things work exactly how I wanted. "PlayerPro" has the option for headset control priority except on incoming call and I found "Headset Droid" in the market to customize the rest. That program is awesome...
My Headset Droid button press settings:
1 click: play/pause + answer/end call
2 click: next track
3 click: previous track
4 click: none
Press and hold: go ex launcher (for home to exit voice commands)
2 click and hold: S-voice (for call ___, message___ ___, navigate to ___)
3 click and hold: Google search (then say Google to voice search)
Lastly "Headphone Shortcuts for SGS3" lets me remove all the annoying shortcuts and add "Headset Droid" to the headphones connected menu so I have a shortcut to activate/deactivate the service easily.
Note: if I had music playing before an incoming call, after the call was ended the music wouldn't play again even though the playerpro widget showed playing. So if you just sit there clicking play/pause it wont work. After the call, wait 5 secs, then click play/pause to pause, 2 click to skip forward, click play/pause and the music should start playing again.
I don't know if anyone else will use this considering anywhere but on the motorcycle I use BT w AVRCP, but for those riders out there, I hope it helps you out.
Samsung Galaxy S3 // tapatalk