Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default When is Lifeproof coming!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: When is Lifeproof coming!

Until the case is released, try the OB Defender. There are numerous drop test videos and I have a review on my YouTube channel.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

I will see if i can get some pretty solid answers to this. Got to be pretty good friends over the net with someone that works pretty high up with them. I was like the second person to get when they first came out for the iPhones
    Thanked by:

eek..if he's going to wait and pay ~$80 for the LifeProof, is it a good idea to spend ~$30-40 on a OB Defender that will be replaced

I'm not much of a Defender fan. Yes, the customer service is second to none, no doubt about it, but the Defender is imo a poor design. You put plastic around your phone then put silicone around the plastic. Then a few months down the road you take the case off and you realize that the hard plastic that sits right on your phone has scratched the device up in several places. Imo there should be some VERY thin silicone buffering in between the plastic and the phone, then made the outer silicone a hair thinner so no extra thickness is added in the case.

I will say this though, if you don't mind the scratches that you'll probably get to the case of the phone, the Defender does protect the device EXTREMELY well from bumps and drops. Personally, not my choice though. I'll probably have a BNIB Defender for sale here in the next few days.

I have a Commuter on my GS3 and I like it...now. my big complaint is that the Commuter has very little grip on the back of the case and will slip in your hands s bit. I've remedied this by putting some extremely thin (1/16" ) self stick foam grip on the back...it's designed for furniture or putting on the bottom home decor so it doesn't scratch tables or things like that. It's sold at any home improvement store for about $2.50. Now I love my commuter, I only wish it had a kickstand. Hopefully there will be an aftermarket kickstand available here in the next couple of weeks if the developer pulls through with them.

Btw there's no f-ing way that I'm paying $80 for a flipping phone case. Buy one of those separate battery back-up chargers and use it for any phone or other electronic device you want when you need it and not have to be stuck having it on only one phone.

Above is a link on the Obex case thread for a kickstand that may work for your application.

Quote Originally Posted by mty msi View Post

Above is a link on the Obex case thread for a kickstand that may work for your application.
    That's the one I'm waiting on.

Quote Originally Posted by gilbequick View Post
    Btw there's no f-ing way that I'm paying $80 for a flipping phone case. Buy one of those separate battery back-up chargers and use it for any phone or other electronic device you want when you need it and not have to be stuck having it on only one phone.
    Uh why are you talking about battery backups? This is about the LifeProof case, a waterproof case. Not a battery case like Mophie or PowerSkin. I probably won't buy any case over $50. But I like the sound of waterproof. It would help for emergency cases of using your phone in the rain, or if a dumb friend throws you in a pool.

There's a platinum series life proof case available at best buy, sell haven't tried it out yet but it's a little cheaper than the actual life proof brand cases for the iphone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mty msi View Post

Will this fit with the 4200mah extended Battery?

Global Posts
    1,090 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - but Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    Will this fit with the 4200mah extended Battery?
    It should, all you need is a flat surface - here is a link to show current finishes you can choose from:
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (tweaked and rooted)
    Samsung Epic 4G (retired rooted backup)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Apple iPad 3 (yes, I have one of those also)

For all mobile devices - get one!
    XDA kickstand4u tm Review

Oh my! I rooted my SGS3!
    Rock Solid and Perfect!

If I have helped you - visit my site - now that's a new one!

Just googled that case and someone was complaining it ruined their iphone. I wouldnt risk it plus that thing is hideous
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

That is just a picture to be in place not What it looks like

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

any update?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    There's a platinum series life proof case available at best buy, sell haven't tried it out yet but it's a little cheaper than the actual life proof brand cases for the iphone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    The product at Best Buy you described is the Obex from Seidio. For some reason it is labeled 'Platinum series', which is a load of hoopla. I guess mislabeling products is how Best Buy does things. Maybe it is so you buy it not realizing it is Seidios flagship garbage scow.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Quote Originally Posted by frekiluv View Post
    The product at Best Buy you described is the Obex from Seidio. For some reason it is labeled 'Platinum series', which is a load of hoopla. I guess mislabeling products is how Best Buy does things. Maybe it is so you buy it not realizing it is Seidios flagship garbage scow.
    No. They aren't mislabeling it. They have a partnership with Seidio or whatever. All the seidio products are under the brand name platinum series.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post
    No. They aren't mislabeling it. They have a partnership with Seidio or whatever. All the seidio products are under the brand name platinum series.
    That makes me trust Seidio even less. If they need sales so bad that they allow that then I guess I will probably never support their products again. Next thing you know they will be partnering with Walmart (the Obex is such garbage that i expect it there). This is very similar to the sudo bait and switch tactics of Best Best buy often implements. I Wonder how many fall for that 'platinum series' bullstuff.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Quote Originally Posted by frekiluv View Post
    That makes me trust Seidio even less. If they need sales so bad that they allow that then I guess I will probably never support their products again. Next thing you know they will be partnering with Walmart (the Obex is such garbage that i expect it there). This is very similar to the sudo bait and switch tactics of Best Best buy often implements. I Wonder how many fall for that 'platinum series' bullstuff.
    I guess yeah. Not sure what they mean by doing it but i gave a platinum series case and i love it. It's the thin one (surface) dropped it on tile floor not a scratch. Awesome case

the otter box is horrible mine broke in less than 5 months and i didnt drop it once

Took a look on ebay and found some OEM lifeproof cases for the s3 coming in a week or so and ill give you guys an update on how the OEM holds up if youd like

ROM
    MOAR 9

I have been waiting for the Lifeproof, tried the OBEX from Seidio but returned it the next day, it didn't pass sound well, I couldn't hear the callers and I definitely couldn't use the rear speaker for music or videos. Also couldn't plug in my patch cords to run Slacker through a Dewalt boombox, hole is too tight. Customer service had me reinstall the phone, bottom first, to make sure the speakers lined up correctly, didn't make a difference.
    Galaxy S3 running MOAR Official v9.0. 50+ Mods Morphology 3.9.14

David

just got my OEM lifeproof in the mail today. these cases are pretty good actually rear speaker sound is a little choppy but in all its pretty good, going to be used as a daily case

Quote Originally Posted by thebobbywest View Post
    Took a look on ebay and found some OEM lifeproof cases for the s3 coming in a week or so and ill give you guys an update on how the OEM holds up if youd like
    After reading your comments I went out to check these cases out on eBay. Not sure if I can trust this item yet. I've heard no updates from Lifeproof so far, and majority are sold by one person.

A few of the sellers are from China. Most likely the ones in the US were ordered in large quantity at cheap prices and sold for profit to us. If this isn't real its not OEM. One way to test it is to submerge it under water but I highly suggest not doing so with a product that may not be genuine

Just too cheap for a new product by LP

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Otterbox just released it "Armor series" for the S3. Its $99 Bucks its waterproof up to 6.5 ft. and drop proof. Im going to try one out I'm rough on phones being in the fire service.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast