1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Default NFC Tags

I've been thinking about ordering some. I seem to have this problem shutting off my GPS when I get home, turning off the WiFi when I leave, turning Notifications off when I go to bed etc, etc. I am aware there are apps that can do the same function but I think I want to go this route. I've heard there are no-name tags that will perform the same function as the TecTiles, just want to hear how it's going with the people that do have them and use them, and what the best value for my buck is. I believe I saw some on Amazon 5 for $10...$5 cheaper than the TecTiles. Seems to be the best price out there, unless someone knows otherwise.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel

Default Re: NFC Tags

Hi. You are right, the no-name tags will do the exact same things as the TecTiles- the only difference between the 2 is the printed logo. The TecTiles are the Classic 1K tags with 752 bytes of memory.

You can also get tags from . The tags cost about $1 each, but I guess if you are in Canada, shipping might be a little higher, but you should still take a look at the variety.

Here's a link to more info about nfc tags and places where you can get them: