Need a solid USB car charger for the Galaxy S3

ACraigL

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been to the boards, amazon reviews are all over the place -- just need a recommendation for a good USB adapter car charger for the Samsung Galaxy S3. A few caveats:

1. Must be black
2. Prefer dual-usb
3. Prefer it be low profile

What have folks used with success? Thanks!

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I use one that I got from Radio Shack, it works good. I also use a cheapo that I picked up from a drug store, it works just as good.

They're all cheaply made and there will be variances in the quality and consistency of all of them. My suggestion would be to pick up a cheap one and verify its voltage output with a meter. I would even check one of the more expensive models before I used it to charge my phone's battery. You can't beat eBay's prices on items like these.

ACraigL

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. I've read so many reviews where people were shorting/soldering pins to get a proper charge I figured it was harder than it was. I just ordered this one:
Amazon.com: EZOPower Compact Black Dual USB Car Charger Power Adapter (1A/2.1A) - 3.1A 15W Output For Samsung Galaxy Tab Tablet, Apple iPad, iPhone, Motorola, HTC, Nokia: Cell Phones & Accessories

Hopefully it will work out. FWIW, I tried a low profile adapter purchased from Walmart that did not charge the phone at all, whereas an older (but much larger) Motorola charger has no issues.

vic_singh

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Find something that has rapid charge

Samsung M100 Uproar > Samsung X480 > Siemens SK65 > BlackBerry 7100T > BlackBerry 8220 Pearl Flip > Palm Pre > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy S 2 > Samsung Galaxy S 3

ACraigL

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Happy to report the one I ordered works great. Even reports on AC charge when using the 2.1A port. Very happy. Thanks everyone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan